Three weeks earlier.
三周前
You know how sometimes a movie or a show begins on a random , intriguing scene with no context given encouraging you to wonder whoa, how'd this crazy scenario come to be?
有些电影或者电视剧 一开头就是在 一个引人入胜又没交待任何背景的场景中 会让你禁不住去猜想 这剧情肯定超疯狂的
And then it cuts to black and a title comes up and says three weeks earlier.
然后画面一黑 出现一行字 三周前
Here we are.
我们现在就是
Sitting in silence , crammed into an RV.
坐在房车里 一言不发地坐着
Winding through the mountain roads of Colorado with a 19 foot fiberglass hand tied to the roof.
颠簸在科罗拉多州的山路上 车顶上还绑了一个将近六米长的玻璃纤维手
If there was ever a time to cut to three weeks earlier it'd be right now.
如果哪个场景适合切出一个「三周前」 那就是现在了
Know what I mean ?
知道我是什么意思吧
Elroy you got any booze?
埃尔罗伊 有酒吗
Don't go through my stuff !
别翻我东西
This isn't a bus.
这可不是巴士
You're standing in my living room, kitchen, and bedroom.
你站的是我客厅厨房卧室里
Ooh I never thought about that.
我真没这么想过
And your backyard is 24,900 miles long, because it's the circumference of the Earth.
那你家后院有40075公里 因为这是地球的周长
Because you have no home.
因为你 没有家
Did anyone need water?
谁想喝水
What else can we talk about?
我们聊点别的什么
I guess to make it really intriguing, one of us should be visibly injured in a way that makes you wonder how it happened
要想开场更引人入胜 我们当中最好有一个挂彩的 会让人纳闷到底怎么回事
Like if Britta had a black eye.
比如布雷塔有个熊猫眼
Dean, can I speak to you privately?
院长 能跟你单独聊两句吗
- random — adj.[数]随机的;任意的;胡乱的; n.随意; adv.胡乱地;
- given — adj.赠予的;沉溺的;规定的; prep.考虑到; v.给予(give的过去分词);
- wonder — n.惊奇;奇迹;惊愕; vi.怀疑;想知道;惊讶; vt.怀疑;惊 奇;对…感到惊讶; adj.奇妙的;非凡的;
- title — n.冠军;标题;头衔;权利;字幕; vt.加标题于;赋予头衔;把…称 为; adj.冠军的;标题的;头衔的;
- silence — n.沉默;寂静;缄默;不谈;无声状态; vt.使沉默;使安静;压制;消除 噪音; int.安静!;别作声!;
- mean — adj.平均的;卑鄙的;低劣的;吝啬的; vt.意味;想要;意欲; n.平均值; vi. 用意;
- stuff — n.东西;材料;填充物;素材资料; vt.塞满;填塞;让吃饱; vi.吃得过多;
I'm pretty sure the answer is no.
我肯定答案是不能
Coming up.
马上来
You know, when I agreed to hold this thing for you and the school, you didn't say anything about six people sitting back there.
当初我为了你为了学校 答应你这事的时候 你可没告诉我会有六个人坐后面
Man, I wonder what they're talking about.
天啊 真想知道他们说什么呢
God! Who knows?
天 那谁能知道啊
They're sealed off behind this soundproof vinyl.
他们把那隔音塑料片子拉上了
I will drive my house off a cliff .
我要拖家带你们开下悬崖
Elroy, we're not here to snoop or judge you.
埃尔罗伊 我们不是来查你 也不是来评判你的
You're not the first person to have dirty dishes, CD rom porn and framed photos of yourself with two biracial teenagers in a park.
又不是只有你有脏盘子 小黄片 还有跟俩混血少女在公园的合影
It's not that.
不是那事
All of this weight.
多了这些重量
I may have miscalculated the mileage.
我好像算错了公里数
Darn it, I wanna hijack this RV, but I'm foiled by its impenetrable post-2001 security measures.
真讨厌啊 我想劫持本辆房车 可我被这2001年前款 坚不可摧的安全措施阻挡在外了
You keep driving and nobody else needs to know about this, understand?
你继续开你的 不用跟大家说这些 懂吗
The last thing we need is a panic .
我们现在最不需要的就是恐慌了
What's going on?
怎么回事
Are we out of gas?
没油了吗
Yes!
是的
It's on empty!
已经指到空了
It's on empty!
已经指到空了
Like, the needle is invisible .
感觉那指针都快看不见了
Oh, my God!
天啊
There's no needle.
针都没了
It's gone. It's underneath the plastic or maybe the engine tried to use it as the fuel .
没了 它可能在塑料盖下面 也可能引擎把它当燃料给吞了
Oh, stop yelling.
素; 别喊了
- pretty — adj.漂亮的;可爱的;优美的; adv.相当地;颇; n.漂亮的人;
- cliff — n.悬崖;绝壁;
- security — n.安全;保 证;证券;抵押品; adj.安全的;保安的;保密的;
- panic — adj. 恐慌的;(恐慌心理)没来由的;过度的;牧人之神 的; n. 惊恐;恐慌;人心惶惶的局面;惶恐不安; v. 惊慌失措;
- invisible — adj.无形的,看不见的;无形的;不 显眼的,暗藏的;
- underneath — prep.在…的下面;在…的形式下;在…的支配下; adv.在下面;在底下; n. 下面;底部; adj.下面的;底层的;
- plastic — adj.塑料的;(外科)造型的;可塑的; n.塑料制品;整形;可塑体;
- engine — n.引擎,发动机;机车,火车头;工具;
- fuel — vi.得到燃料; vt.供以燃料,加燃料; n.燃料;刺激因
Well, stop being out of gas.
那你别没油啊
You're freaking me out.
你吓到我了
You should be freaking out.
吓到就对了
I have been driving for 25 years, and I have never seen so little gas in my life.
我开了二十五年的车了 这辈子就没见过那么低的油量
Stop, stop, I'm yelling even louder so you have to stop.
安静 别喊了 我得喊的更大声让你们都安静
We're not in control of the gas, okay?
我们控制不了油量 好吗
We have to focus on what we can control.
我们要把注意力集中在可控事件上
Is everyone's phone charged?
大家手机的电都充满了吗
Yes. Charge your phones.
对 给手机充电去
Good idea.
好主意
Okay.
充上了
See?
看到没
We turned panic into preparedness.
我们将恐慌转变为了做准备
Now if we do run out of gas, guess who's got fully charged phones?
如果真没油了 看谁的手机电是充满的
Well charged.
满格电量
Full battery .
电量满满
For the love of God, stop charging your phones!
我的上帝老天爷啊 你们可别充电了
Excuse me a moment.
失陪一下
What happened? - I'm not telling you!
怎么回事 -我才不会告诉你
Fair enough.
有道理
We're all gonna die!
我们都要死了
All in favor?
全体同意吗And that solves the matter of the giant hand. 那大手的问题就解决了
If there's no other business. - Yes.
如果没有别的事 -有
I'd like to move that we establish this moment as the opening for a flashback.
我建议将此刻 作为闪回的开头
No. Meeting adjourned.
不 散会
Oh, I guess we'll not doing the three weeks earlier thing.
看来我们不玩三周前那个哏了
Abed insert dialogue here by you dropping the fourth wall shtick.
阿布蒂用第四堵墙手法插入对话
Nice. - Careful you don't flood it.
漂亮 -小心别整满了
- being — n.存在;生命;本质;品格; adj.存在的;现有的;
- focus — n.焦点;中心;清晰;焦距; vt.使集中;使聚焦; vi.集中;聚焦;调节焦距;
- Charge — n.费用;电荷;掌管;控告;命令;负载; vt.使充电;使承担;指责;装载;对…索 费;向…冲去; vi.充电;控告;索价;向前冲;记在账上;
- battery — n.[电]电池,蓄电池; n.[法]殴打; n.[军]炮 台,炮位;
- Fair — adj.公平的;美丽的,白皙的;[气象]晴朗的; adv.公平地;直接地;清楚地; vi.转晴; n.展览 会;市集;美人;
- giant — n.巨人;伟人;[动]巨大的动物; adj.巨大的;巨人般的;
- establish — vt.建立;创办;安 置; vi.植物定植;
- opening — n.开始;机会;通路;空缺的职位; adj.开始的; v.开放(open的ing形式);打开; 公开;
- insert — vt.插入;嵌入; n.插入物;
That's the fifth time you've reminded me not to flood something.
你已经提醒了我五次别整满了
I'm sorry but it doesn't apply to our situation.
抱歉 可惜跟我们当前情景不符
I'm gonna check the battery.
我要去一下检查电池
Can you send someone or not?
你到底能不能派人来
Can you please hold?
能等一下吗
No, I can't hold.
不行 等不了
Darn it.
讨厌
When they put you on hold, you hang up and you call right back.
当你被转到等待接听 就挂掉 马上再打
Frankie taught me that.
弗兰教我的
Hi, it's me.
你好 是我
Yeah, the one you put on hold.
对 那个被你转到等待接听的人
See where that got you?
被我逮到了吧
Can you send somebody or not?
你到底能不能派人过来
Please hold. - Don't you dare.
请稍等 -你敢
When they put you on hold, hang up and call right back.
当你被转到等待接听 就挂掉 马上再打
I can play this game all day.
这游戏老娘可以陪你玩一天
I told you we need roadside service on - Could you please hold?
我说了我们需要道路救援 -请稍等
Oh, you can't be serious.
你不是玩我呢吧
Well hello, guess who.
你好 你猜我是谁啊
I got nothing but fingers and time, pal.
我有的是时间和拨号的手 哥们
Road side service, Moffett pass.
道路救援 墨菲特路
All right, all right.
好的 好的
You, well, you could've told me that an hour ago.
你一小时前怎么不说
RV is full of crazy ladies.
房车里都是疯婆子
Your RV is full of crazy ladies, good bye.
你家房车里才都是疯婆子 再见
Have any of you heard of Armed Forces Day?
你们听没听过军人节
Because apparently it's today and it's really boning us.
看来就是今天 算我们倒霉
Yep, here it is, Armed Forces Day, huh.
对 今天是军人节
Why would they put it in May?
为什么要定在五月呢
It's just sitting there in Memorial Day's shadow like a military Hanukkah.
完全被阵亡将士纪念日抢风头啊 简直是军界光明节
Fitting that both war holidays have to fight each other over the same month.
安排俩战争节日在同一个月 简直就是让俩节撕逼啊
- flood — vt.淹没;充满;溢出; vi.涌出;涌进;为水淹没; n.洪水;泛滥;一大批;
- apply — vt.申请;涂,敷;应用; vi. 申请;涂,敷;适用;请求;
- Memorial — n.纪念碑,纪念馆;纪念仪式;纪念物; adj.记忆的;纪念的,追悼的;
- military — adj.军事的;军人的;适于战争的; n.军队;军人;
Notable that the one we remember is the one with the theme of memory.
值得注意的是我们记住的那个节日 是有记忆主题的
Way to make this about justifying your unmarketable sensibilities.
刚刚好证明了你的敏感点没市场
Well, apparently Armed Forces Day is the big one for tow truck drivers.
显然这军人节 对拖车司机很重要
Because there are three within 200 miles of this spot and they're all in the same parade .
因为方圆三百多公里的三位司机 都去参加这个游行了
Maybe it'll come by this way if we offer them instruments?
也许他们会路过这地方呢 如果我们提供些乐器
Nobody reroutes parades.
没人会更改游行路线
They rerouted Kennedy's parade.
他们更改了肯尼迪总统游行的路线啊
So, we'll just call the CIA, tell them we want to assassinate the President , and we'll be home in time for Wheel of Fortune.
那我们给中情局打电话 说我们要去暗杀总统那我们就可以及时到家看「幸运之轮」了
Who are we kidding?
我们骗谁呢
That'll never work.
这招肯定不行
We got Britta'd, yes, I use it too.
我们又布雷「砸」了 对 我也这么用
I don't want anybody here blaming themselves for this.
我不希望这里有人为此而责怪自己
I want everyone blaming Frankie.
我希望大家要怪就怪弗兰
She is the reason we are here.
就是因为她我们才会来这里的
This is what happens when you make decisions outside the moment.
你在不对的时间里做出来的决定 就会导致这种结果
Whatever moment you were in the day you got on the Internet and bought a gigantic hand, I am proud to remain outside until I die.
我很想把自己抽离 你网购大手的那天的每一刻这样我到死都很会感激无比的
You will baby.
你会的
- Fitting — n. 试衣;附件;可拆除装置; adj. 适合(某场合)的;恰当的;合身的;合适的; v. “fit”的现在分词;
- theme — n. 主题;主旋律;(学生的)作文;(句子的)主位; adj. (反映某主题或历史时期的)主题酒馆(或酒 吧、餐馆等);
- spot — n.地点;斑点; vt.认出;弄脏;用灯光照射; vi.沾上污渍;满是斑点; adj.现场的;现货买 卖的; adv.准确地;恰好;
- parade — n. 阅兵;游行;炫耀;检阅; v. 游行;展览;游行庆祝;游行示威;
- President — n.总统;董事长;校长;
- reason — n.理由;理性;动机; vi.推论;劝说; vt.说服;推论;辩论;
- outside — adj.外面的,外部的;外来的; n.外部;外观; adv.在外面,向外面;在室外; prep.在…范围之外;
- remain — vi.保持;依然;留下;剩余;逗留;残存; n.遗迹;剩余物,残骸;
And this is where logic gets you, stuck in a Rocky Mountain pass at sundown, gradually freezing to death.
所以我在逻辑上就打败了你 夕阳西下 你卡在落基山口 一点点冻死
And forced to decide somewhere in the backs of our heads, just in case, who we'd eat first.
然后有可能哈 在某个地方 还被人逼着背着我们 决定先吃掉我们之中的谁
Annie, right?
小安妮 对不对
What? - It's not a judgement , it's about biology .
啥 -不是真让你判断 就生理上来说
What?
说啥呢
Craig, the hand currently crushing our lives is not about being in the moment.
克拉格 这破手正在扼杀我们的生命 现在不是时间对不对的问题
You bought this thing we can't return with money we don't have, nobody knows why.
是因为我们本来就没钱 你还买这东西 退也退不回去 也没人知道为什么
And your latest idea is to put it on the quad with a plaque that says give a hand to your brain.
你最后的办法是把它放在一块牌匾上 写上「帮帮你的大脑」
Give your brain a hand.
是「给你的大脑帮把手」
You're making it sound stupid on purpose.
你故意让我的口号听起来蠢蠢的
It's over Craig, you are lucky to have Frankie.
克拉格你真的够了 你有弗兰算你走运
And you're lucky she was able to find some weirdo, excuse me, bigger weirdo on eBay willing to pay cash for it.
算你走运 她还能帮你在易趣网上找到傻叉 哦错了 是极品傻叉愿意用现金来买这货
This is a lot of narrative pipe .
这里用的是大量的叙事手法
Maybe we did need a three weeks earlier flashback.
估计我们真的应该用上「三周前」的倒叙
Abed. Is this a show?
阿布蒂 你觉得我们现在在演戏吗
I thought you said you knew it wasn't a TV show.
我记得你好像说过这不是电视剧啊
Season two you mean?
你是说在演第二季吗
I don't know.
那我就不知道了
I can change my mind.
我可以改主意 好商量
Well can I ask that it not be a show about you saying it's a show?
那我这样讲 你说我们在戏里但我说不是
- logic — n.逻辑;逻辑学;逻辑性; adj.逻辑的;
- judgement — n. 评价;判决;判断力;意见;
- biology — n.(一个地 区全部的)生物;生物学;
- sound — vt.听(诊);测量,测…深;使发声;试探;宣告; n.声音,语音;噪音;海峡;吵 闹;听力范围;[医]探条; adj.健全的,健康的;合理的;可靠的;有效彻底的; adv.彻底地,充分地; vi.听起 来;发出声音;回响;测深;
- lucky — adj.幸运的;侥幸的;
- cash — n.现款,现金; vt.将…兑现;支付现款;
- pipe — n.管;烟斗;笛; vi.吹笛;尖叫; vt.用管道输送;尖声唱;用管乐器演奏;
Because dumb .
因为剧情太傻叉
You're dumb.
你才傻叉
Go in the back.
你坐回去
Go in the back and sit by yourself.
那你自己坐回去
Jeff.
杰夫
Give him a shot. - What's wrong with you?
一枪毙了他 -搞什么嘛你
I'm sick of it.
我真是受够了好吗
It's a show, it's not a show, it's your show, it's my show, it's a good show, it's a bad show.
这是演戏 这不是演戏 该你演了 该我演了 好戏啊好戏 烂剧啊烂剧
I am sick of it.
我真的受不了了好吗
I don't want to hear the word show again.
我再也不想听到「戏」这个字啦
Show, show, show, is a show, show, show.
戏戏戏 戏呀么戏戏戏
So now it's a show about this?
所以现在这段吐槽 是不是也是戏
Oh, you're right, that's way worse.
有道理 这更可怕
Abed, come back. - Yes.
阿布蒂 过来吧 -好嘞
Abed, come back. - Yes, yes, yes.
阿布蒂 过来 -好好好
I'm not sorry.
我不道歉
It's not good to be back.
那我不高兴过来
What the hell was that?
你们都在搞什么鬼
The battery is dead.
电池用光了
Flooded?
充满了吗
So help me God.
你有能耐你救我啊
The RV has two batteries,
房车有两块电池
a primary , and a second... - Secondary .
一块主电池 一块...-蓄电池
We overloaded the electrical system , and killed the engine battery.
电气系统超负荷了 发动机电池牺牲了
So now, the secondary battery has maybe
现在蓄电池可能
three or four hours of juice... - Charge, juice, charge.
有三四小时的电 -来充 三四小时电来充
Then we have a choice to make.
我们有两个选择
And Jeff can explain that choice.
接下来由杰夫来给大家解释一下具体选择
No, it's your RV.
不用了这是你的房车
This was my show. You didn't give a damn about that.
这是我导的戏 你们一点都不关心
Abed, we're all on your side, so if you're also on your side, it's petty.
阿布蒂 我们都支持你的 如果你也支持你自己这么说就太小气了
- dumb — adj.哑的,无说话能力的;不说话的,无声音的;
- hell — n.地狱;究竟(作加强语气词);训斥;黑暗势 力; vi.过放荡生活;飞驰; int.该死;见鬼(表示惊奇、烦恼、厌恶、恼怒、失望等);
- primary — adj.主要的; 初级的;基本的; n.原色;最主要者;
- Secondary — adj.第二的;中等的;次要的;中级的; n.副手;代理人;
- electrical — adj.有关电的;电气科学的;
- system — n.制度,体制;系统;方法;
- damn — vt.谴责;罚…下地狱; vi.谴责; n.一点;诅咒; adj.可恶的; adv.非常; int.讨厌;
We could wait for a couple of hours and hope that the engine battery resets itself.
我们可以等几个小时 希望电池能自己重启
If it doesn't, then we're spending the night here, and at least we have the secondary battery to keep us warm for a few hours.
如果重启不了 我们就在这过夜 至少蓄电池能给我们 供几个小时的暖
No, no, no, we're not spending the night here, so what's the second option ?
别别别 我们千万别在这过夜 第二个选择是什么
Which I am nicknaming little course of action .
也就是我说的「行动步骤」是什么
I rewire the secondary battery to the engine and hope it can start it.
我重新给蓄电池接线到发动机上 希望能启动
If it doesn't we're spending a very cold night with two dead batteries.
如果这也失败了 就得和两块用光的电池 在这里度过一个非常寒冷夜晚
Okay, let's switch the batteries then.
那好 我们把两块电池换过来吧
Good democracy .
很民主吧
Are we sure the secondary battery won't just die too?
我们能保证蓄电池真的没有用光吗
Ha. - It's a possibility .
呵呵 -有这个可能性
It exists.
很有可能哦
But I'm pretty confident , because the secondary battery only powers the cabin .
不过我还是很有信心的 因为蓄电池只给内舱供电
And we've kept the lights off and it goes without saying that we've all learned to stop charging our phones.
而且我们把灯都关了 更不用说 我们都没有再给手机充电了
Why you all looking at each other like that?
为什么你们都这副表情
- option — n.[计]选项;选择权;买卖的特权;
- course — n.科目;课程;过程;进程;道路;路线,航向;一道菜; vt. 追赶;跑过; vi.指引航线;快跑;
- action — n.行动;活动;功能;战斗;情节;
- switch — vt.转换;用鞭子等抽打; vi. 转换;抽打;换防; n.开关;转换;鞭子;
- democracy — n.民主,民主主义;民主政治;
- possibility — n.可能性; 可能发生的事物;
- confident — adj.自信的;确信的;
- cabin — v. 把…关在小屋内;使受拘束;隔开(房间);住在 小屋内; n. (轮船上生活或睡觉的)隔间;(飞机的)座舱;(通常为木制的)小屋;
- learned — adj.博学的;有学 问的;学术上的;
And where are each of your phones now?
你们手机现在都在哪
You know, I'm starting to suspect the unthinkable.
话说我正在想一些不敢想的事情了
Namely , that in spite of all we've experienced, there's a cartoonish vampiric orgy of personal devices somewhere in the RV sucking away our remaining battery.
也就是说 不管我们再怎么有经验 现在我们房车里有很多个人电子设备 如卡通版的吸血鬼一样 疯狂吮吸着所剩无几的电池饕餮盛宴
I only draw limited comfort from the fact that nobody's running to unplug anything.
我现在略略不爽 因为现在 还没有人跑去拔掉任何东西
You know what?
不过你们知道吗
Say nothing.
啥也不用说
I'll just, turn the light switch to the on position.
就让我静静地把灯打开
There is a bright side to this.
事情还有好的一面
Most conventional weapons don't require electricity .
很多常规武器是不用电的
Are you going to eat me first?
你是要先吃掉我吗
Hear those crickets?
你们听到蟋蟀叫了吗
This would be a challenging place to practice your stand-up act.
你在这里做脱口秀估计是有点难
So I rented Hotel Rwanda the other night.
我之前租了卢旺达饭店的碟
And let me just say, not a date movie.
事先说明 不适合约会看
What would Arnold Schwarzenegger sound like if he was bit by Dracula?
如果阿诺·施瓦辛格被德古拉咬了 他会怎么叫啊
All in favor?
大家都同意吗Then that solves the matter of the giant hand. 那大手的问题就解决了
If there's no other business...
如果没有别的事...
If we're doing this I'd like to restate importance of telling some of this story with flashback.
如果我们要这么干的话 我想用闪回 来重申讲述这个故事的重要性
What do you mean by restate?
什么叫重申啊
- suspect — n.嫌疑犯; adj.可疑的;不可信的; vt.怀疑;猜想; vi.怀疑;猜想;
- Namely — adv.也就是;即是;换句 话说;
- spite — n.不顾;恶意;怨恨; vt.刁难;使恼怒;
- personal — adj.个人的;身体的;亲自的; n.人事消息栏;人 称代名词;
- limited — adj.有限的; n.高级快车;
- conventional — adj.符合习俗的,传统的;常见的;惯例的;
- require — vt.需要;要求;命令;
- electricity — n.电力;电流;强烈的紧张情绪;
Oh my God, I fell for it.
我的天 我又上当了
Meeting adjourned.
散会
Why do we call them elbows?
为什么它们叫肘子呢
Why not arm knees?
为什么不叫手膝盖呢
Man, I am dying up here.
老天 我要死在这了
I'm scaling the blanket rations inversely to the wattage of each person's phone.
我根据每人手机的瓦数给你们分配毛毯 谁瓦数多 谁拿的少
That way the person who killed us the most will die the soonest, which feels fair.
这样呢 害我们越多的人死得越快 感觉公平
Right, Britta?
对不对呀布雷塔
I can't go all night being this angry.
我可不能整晚都这么生气
Heart attacks run in my family and you people aren't worth it.
我家有心脏病史 你们这帮货不值得我犯病
I'm sorry.
对不起
It's okay.
没事
I caused the situation by not topping off the tank , and that vinyl accordion partition is a totem of distrust.
也是因为我没加满油才导致现在的情况 那个塑料折叠隔板就是人与人不信任的象征
Sorry for that, too.
我也为这句话抱歉
Elroy, that's big of you.
埃尔罗伊 你太大气了
And for our part, we're sorry that charging our perfectly normal cell phones destroyed your weirdly fragile RV.
我们为给自己完全正常能用的手机充电 并毁了你又怪又脆弱的房车表示道歉
Okay, I'm sorry about that apology .
好吧 刚刚那个道歉我也表示道歉
I'll try to be a better house guest.
我努力做个好房客
Oh, no.
不对
Sorry I've been unavailable, I've been trying to cut to three weeks earlier.
不好意思 刚才不跟你们交谈 因为我是想把画面切到三周前
Really feels like we needed that.
真的感觉我们需要闪回
I have something to apologize for as well.
我也有事情需要道歉
Perhaps you recall earlier when it seemed as though we drove through a skunk patch .
你们有没有想起早些时候 我们好像闻到一股子臭鼬味儿
Yeah, you were getting high.
是啊 那时候你正嗨着
- blanket — n. 毯子;毛毯;厚层;厚的覆盖层; adj. 包括所有情形(或人员)的;总括的;综合的; v. 以厚层覆盖;
- tank — n.坦克;水槽;池塘; vt.把…贮放在柜内;打败; vi.乘坦克行进;
- normal — adj.正常的;正规的,标准 的; n.正常;标准;常态;
- cell — n.细胞;电池;蜂房的巢室;单人小室; vi.住在牢房或小室中;
- apology — n.道歉; 谢罪;辩护;勉强的替代物;
- apologize — vi.道歉;辩解;赔不是; vt.道歉;谢罪;辩白;
- recall — vt.召回;回想 起,记起;取消; n.召回;回忆;撤消;
- patch — n. 补丁;小片;眼罩;色斑; v. 修补;打补丁;缝补;
Yeah, you were smoking pot. - Yeah, getting high.
当时你在吸大麻 -你嗨大了
You were getting stoned.
你都嗨晕了
okay, I remember thinking I really pulled that one off.
好吧 我以为自己糊弄成功了呢
You thought that because you were high.
你那么以为是因为你吸嗨了
You also thought that we were speeding cause you kept seeing the same bird.
你还以为我们在飙车呢 因为你一直看见同一只鸟
All in favor?
都同意吗Then that solves the matter of the giant hand. 那大手的问题就解决了
If there's no other business...
如果没有别的事...
Let me just explain the need for flashback here and don't interrupt ...
请容许我在此解释一下闪回的必要性 不要打断我
Okay, one quick thing and then you can talk about flashbacks forever.
好吧 简单说一句 然后随你怎么说闪回
Meeting adjourned.
散会
Abed?
阿布蒂
When they cut to three weeks earlier on TV, they're not traveling in time, dip ass.
电视剧闪回到三周前的时候 他们也不是在穿越笨蛋
Jeff.
杰夫
Okay, my apology now.
好了 该我道歉了
I've had some time to think about it, and I've decided, I'm sorry for not asking people what they wanted before buying all the snacks for the trip.
我一直在想这事儿 现在我觉得 我很抱歉 在这次旅行之前 没有征询大家意见就擅自买了零食
Wow, really?
真的吗
That's great. - What?
太棒了 -怎么了
Think about it, it's the worst thing I've done on this trip.
我在这次旅行中就做了这么一件称得上坏的事
I've been nailing it.
而且我搞定了
She has.
没错
You have, I haven't been.
你做到了 但我却没有
I shouldn't be yelling at the dean in front of any of you, it's unprofessional.
我不该在你们任何人面前对院长大喊大叫的 太不专业了
You're all right, Frankie.
没事的 弗兰
We got no complaints.
我们不怪你
I forgive all of you.
我原谅你们了
What?
什么Then that solves the matter of the giant hand. 那大手的问题就解决了
If there's no other business...
如果没有别的事...
In a normal road trip story, the first act would end with us deciding to go on the trip.
一般公路电影是这样的 第一幕基本是以决定上路作终
- thinking — adj.思考的;思想的;有理性的;好思考的; n.思考;思想;想法;意见;见解; v.思考(think的现在分 词);
- interrupt — vt.中断;打断;插嘴;妨碍; vi.打断;打扰; n.中断;
The second act would be the trip ending with a disaster , and the third act would be us getting back.
第二幕以灾难出现结束 第三幕是最终安全归来
The problem is that we've already decided to take this trip weeks from now, which means the story starts with us already on the road, which means the end of act one won't be us going on the trip, it'll have to be the disaster.
现在的问题是 我们几周前就已经决定要上路就是说故事的开始我们已经在路上了 这就意味着第一幕的最后不是我们决定上路 而是灾难的开始
which means something even worse has to happen in act two.
也就是说第二幕中会出现更可怕的事
unless we make the decision, right now, that act one is a flashback, so that the beginning story is now instead of then.
除非现在我们在第一幕的闪回里 也就是现在要 做出决定 这样现在就是第一幕了 而开头不算 第一幕
You forgive us?
你原谅我们了
Absolutely.
当然
You turd!
你个小人
I beg your pardon.
你说什么Guys? - You have no sense of accountability. 伙计们 -你这人一点责任心都没有
You're like a child.
你就像个孩子
If I'm a child, you're a child abuser.
如果我是孩子 你就是虐童狂
No, not cool, Annie.
这可不好 安妮
You never just said, leave my hand where it is, I like it there. I demand it stay.
你从没说过 别碰我的手 我喜欢它在那儿 我要求保留它
Because everyone complained about it.
因为人人都在抱怨
Well, where's that commitment to spinelessness when we're all admitting we did stuff wrong?
我们不是说好要放下面子的嘛 我们都主动承认自己犯的错了
Okay, I'm sorry.
好吧 对不起
- ending — n.结局;结尾;
- disaster — n.灾难,灾祸;不幸;
- means — n.手段;方法;财产; v.意思是;打算(mean 的第三人称单数)[复数means];
- happen — vi.发生;碰巧;偶然遇到;
- unless — conj.除非,如果不; prep. 除…之外;
- instead — adv.代替;反而;
- demand — vt.要求;需要;查询; vi.需要;请求;查问; n.[经]需求;要求; 需要;
- commitment — n. 承诺;投入;保证;许诺;
I'm sorry.
对不起
I'm a bad dean, okay?
我是个坏院长 行了吧
No, that's what you always do.
不行 你总这样
That's not a real apology.
这不是真正的道歉
Jeff? - Abed, shut up.
杰夫 -阿布蒂 闭嘴
Go flashback and cut to stuff.
自己一边玩你的剪辑闪回去
And you, say you're sorry for buying a giant hand and letting it sit around until we had to deal with it, and say it without crying.
而你 要为自己 买下那只大手 置之不管 直到我们介入解决这件事而道歉 而且道歉的时候不许哭
I'm an adult .
我是个大人了
And you can't make me not cry.
你们凭什么不许我哭
You're all a bunch of bullies, and I will say, I'm sorry, however I want.
你们这群恶棍 我想怎么道歉就怎么道歉
And by the way, I'm not sorry!
你们猜怎么着 我还偏不道歉
It's my giant hand and I love it.
这是我的大手 我喜欢它
We're not selling it.
我们不卖了
Okay, this is like crate training a puppy.
这就像养了一只小狗
Everyone suppress every instinct you have to let him out and sleep in bed with us.
人人都使出浑身解数 就为了逗他出来 让他和我们一块儿睡
No, I mean, it's cold in the RV.
我是说房车里好冷
I don't care how we treat the dean tonight.
才不是今晚我们对院长的所作所为
Abed, don't go out.
阿布蒂 别出去
Did they send you out here to be mean to me too?
他们让你出来继续讽刺我的吗
No. - Good.
不是 -太好了
Because I can't cry anymore unless someone brings me a Pedialyte.
再不补充电解质 我都哭不出来了
Here.
过来
Pretty comforting, huh?
挺好的 是不是
We could've put it outside the Art Department, or Biology, or wood working if we remove one of the fingers.
我们本可以把它放在艺术系 生物学门口 或者掰掉一根指头 放木雕系那里
You don't belong up here.
你不属于这上面
It's not right that you're up here.
你上来就不对头了
You get it, don't you, Abed?
你懂的 是不是 阿布蒂
- deal — vt.处理;给予;分配;发牌; vi.处理;讨论;对待;做生意; n.交易;(美)政策;待遇;份量;
- adult — adj.成年 的;成熟的; n.成年人;
- bunch — n.群;串;突出物; vi.隆起;打褶;形成一串; vt.使成一串;使打褶;
- instinct — n. 本能;直觉;天性; adj. 充满的;
- treat — vt.治疗;对待;探讨;视为; vi.探讨;请客;协商; n.请客;款待;
You know what's important about the hand?
你知道这手的意义
No, I know what's important about the story, and I know we're structurally overdue for a disaster.
不 我只知道故事哪里重要 而且我知道灾难早该出现了
Oh, great.
太棒了
Figures the one person on my side, is the one playing people chess.
我还以为会有一个人是站在我这边 结果这人是拿人当棋子玩呢
Don't move, don't move!
别动 别动
What the hell else are we supposed to do?
我们还能怎么办
Flashback with me.
和我一起闪回
What? - Just trust me.
什么 -相信我
I set a flashback three weeks earlier.
我把闪回定在了三周前
It's how this story begins.
那就是故事的开头
Close your eyes and concentrate .
闭上眼睛 集中注意
And that solves the matter of the giant hand.
那大手的问题就解决了
If there's no other business...
如果没有别的事...
Oh, there's business.
还有事
Yeah, there's business.
是啊 还有事呢
When you tie the hand to the roof we'd like you to use extra thick straps please.
当你们把大手锁上车顶的时候 请记得多锁几道
Extra thick.
多锁几道
Extra thick straps!
多锁几道
Reinforced.
加固
All right. Meeting adjourned, great.
好了 散会 太好了
Extra thick straps!
多锁几道
Extra thick straps.
多锁几道
Extra thick straps.
多锁几道
Extra thick straps.
多锁几道
There, that should do it.
这样应该可以了
Wha, wha, what should do it?
什么可以了
We made the straps extra thick.
我们多锁了几道
Remember? - No, I don't remember because it didn't happen.
记得吗 -不 我不记得 因为根本没发生过
It didn't?
没发生吗
What?
怎么回事
Did something just fall off the roof?
刚刚是不是有什么东西从车顶掉下来了
That's a really stupid question, Annie.
这问题真蠢 安妮
Obviously something fell off the roof.
显然是有东西掉下来了
The question is what?
正确的问题是 什么掉下来了
Abed, where's the dean?
阿布蒂 院长呢
- concentrate — n. 浓缩物; v. 聚精会神;集中(注意力);使…集中(或集合、聚集);(使)浓缩;
- extra — adv.特 别地,非常;另外; n.临时演员;号外;额外的事物;上等产品; adj.额外的,另外收费的;特大的;
- thick — adj. 充满;弥漫;厚的;粗的; n. 最厚[粗]的部分;〈口〉笨蛋;〈俚〉可可粉; adv. 厚厚地;
Oh, damn, come on.
糟糕 快
Okay, one, two, three.
好了 一 二 三
Carefully, carefully.
小心 小心
How do you lose a hand off a person haphazardly?
手怎么会这样无缘无故砸到人身上呢
You know what, Annie.
知道吗 安妮
Dean, hang on.
院长 撑住
Dean, we're so sorry, we love you.
院长 对不起 我们爱你
Screw you!
去你们的
What?
什么
Hey, that's my house.
那是我的家
We are not sorry, we hate you!
我们才不抱歉 我们恨你
Are we gonna freeze to death?
咱们是不是要被冻死了
I call the hand.
这个手是我的了
The fiberglass will preserve body heat.
玻璃纤维会保存身体的热量
What's wrong with me if that's hot?
我居然觉得这样很性感 我脑子是不是有病
Dean these temperatures are lowering our immune systems in a world that is swarming with weird people's unvaccinated toddlers.
院长 现在的温度正在削弱我们的免疫系统 而这个世界上挤满了没打疫苗的小破孩
Deal with it.
我管你去死
I'm gonna go run to the other side and see if he's locked that door too.
我去那边看看 他是不是把那边的车门也锁了
It probably undercuts my goals to announce it out loud but I'm a verbal thinker, I'm not even sure I have an idea until I say it.
也许大声宣布这主意会达不到我的预期目的 但我是语言思考者 有时候我得等到说出来才知道我心里有主意
They should make hiking boots with a compass in the toe.
登山鞋的鞋尖上应该放一个指南针
But don't you.
你们真是的
Dean, we're sorry and we love you?
院长 我们抱歉 我们爱你
Nice uncontrollable question mark , Britta!
这种无法控制的疑问语气真有种啊 布雷塔
You can't even fake it!
你连装一下都装不好吗
Dean, we're sorry and we love you.
院长 我们好抱歉 我们好爱你
Super realistic , Annie, you're a real sociopath.
好逼真哦 安妮 你是真正的反社会
I saw all your true colors when the chips were down.
紧急关头 我算把你们的真面目都看清了
Abed is the only human among you!
阿布蒂是你们之中唯一算得上是人的
- Screw — vt.旋,拧;压榨;强迫; n.螺旋;螺丝钉;吝啬鬼; vi.转动,拧;
- preserve — vt.保存;保护;维持;腌;禁 猎; n.保护区;禁猎地;加工成的食品;
- compass — n.指南针,罗盘;圆规; vt.包围;
- mark — n.标志;马克;符 号;痕迹; vi.作记号; vt.标志;做标记于;打分数;
- fake — n.假货;骗子;假动作; vt.捏造;假装…的样子; vi.假 装;做假动作; adj.伪造的;
- realistic — adj.现实的;现实主义的;逼真的;实在论的;
And I think we all know how ironic that is, no offense , Abed.
我想各位也清楚这有多讽刺 无意冒犯 阿布蒂
None possible.
没关系
Abed, you bonded with him.
阿布蒂 你跟他感情深
Talk to him.
跟他说话
You're alone in the end zone .
达阵区里只有你一人
This ball is yours or nobody's.
这个球只能是你的 别无他人
I appreciate your appeal to my well know passion for athletics, and sarcasm, but I didn't actually bond with him.
鉴于本人众所周知的运动热情 感谢你的盛情呼唤 还有讽刺 但我跟他感情真心不深
I almost killed him.
我差点害死了他
My naive obsession with contrived flashback technique has kept me from being invested in any of this actual story.
我对人为闪回技术的单纯痴迷使得我自己 一直没有投入到这个实际的故事中
I mean, what was it even?
这到底算个啥呢
A bunch of people in an RV? And I had to Christopher Nolan it?
一部房车里的一群人 难道我得用诺兰大法吗
Well, there you go.
这就是了
Now you can forget all about stupid three weeks earlier flashbacks and be a hero by joining us here, in the moment, and talking to the dean like a human.
现在你得忘记所有 关于什么闪回三周前的胡思乱想 加入我们 成为英雄 就在此刻 像真正的人一样跟院长谈话
That's my arc. - That's your arc.
这才是我的故事轴线 -这就是你的轴线
Okay, here we go.
好 那就开始吧
If there's no other business.
如果没有别的事
I'd like to propose a heavy use of flashback in this episode .
我想提议本集大量使用闪回片段
No Abed, don't do it.
不要 阿布蒂 别这么做
Thanks Abed.
趣的事件; 谢了 阿布蒂
- offense — n.犯罪,过错;进攻;触怒;引起反感的事物;
- zone — n. 地带;分区;(尤指有别于周围的)区域; v. 将…划作特殊区域;指定…为某项用途的区域;将…分成区(或划成带);
- appreciate — vt.欣赏;感激;领会;鉴 别; vi.增值;涨价;
- appeal — n. 上诉;吸引力;申诉;魅力; v. 上诉;呼吁;申诉;恳求;
- passion — n.激情;热情;酷 爱;盛怒;
- bond — n.债券;结合;约定;粘合剂;纽带; vi.结合,团结在一起; vt.使结合;以…作保;
- technique — n.技巧,技术;手法;
- propose — v. 建议;提议;求婚;打算;
- episode — n.插曲;一段情节;插话;有
Stop that.
别闹了
Get your head out of your ass.
清醒一点 回到现实吧
I don't know how. I'm over saturated with it.
我不知道怎么做 我现在满脑子都是这个
Give me, - I, I, I don't know what's real.
你给我 -我不知道什么算现实
You are lying.
你在说谎
You have to be lying.
你别再说谎了
You enjoy this. - Stop this.
你很享受这样是吧 -住手
What has gotten into you?
你发什么疯
Why are you shocked that he's alienated?
他跟人不合群 你何必这么震惊
You get him to do something normal without abusing him.
那换你来 在不虐待他的情况下 让他干点正常事儿
Abed, listen.
阿布蒂 听我说
This is a flashback remember.
现在这是闪回 记得吗
The real story is happening in the future.
真正的故事发生时间是在未来You actually flashed back to now to help us. 你是闪回回来帮我们的
Okay, that was pretty good.
说得真挺棒的
So sad what happened here, all those centons ago.
数个世纪以前在这发生的事情真是让人伤悲
So sad.
真伤悲
So preventable.
真的可以防止的
Space Elder Abed, can you reach backward with your mind and save our species ?
时空长老阿布蒂 你能用念力逆转时间 拯救我们人类吗
I can.
我可以
I'm Space Elder Britta.
我是时空长老布雷塔
What are you guys talkin about?
你们刚刚在聊什么
I'm here now, child.
我来了 孩子们
All will be made right.
一切都会重回正轨的
Dean. - Abed.
院长 -阿布蒂
I have discovered the meaning of the giant hand.
我已经发现这只大手的含义了
A hand has two functions, to grip and to release .
手有两个功能 抓住和放开
But without both of these powers, it is useless.
但如果没有这两种力量 也是无用之手
Like newborn infants, we grab what comes near us, hoping to control it, taste it, jam it into another child's eye.
就像刚出生的婴儿一样 什么离得近 我们就抓住什么 想着能控制它 品尝它 拿着它往别的孩子眼睛上戳
But, the time we spend in control of our world, is the time we spend letting go of others.
但 我们用来控制自己世界的时候 同时我们也在一直放走了其他东西
- backward — adj.向后的;反向的;发展迟缓的; adv.向后地;相反地;
- species — n.[生物]物种;种类; adj.物种 上的;
- meaning — n.意义;含义;意图; adj.意味深长的; v.意味;意思是(mean的ing形式);
- grip — n.紧握;柄; 支配;握拍方式;拍柄绷带; vt.紧握;夹紧; vi.抓住;
- release — vt.释放;发射;让与;允许发表; n.释放;发布;让 与;
- grab — vt.攫取;霸占;将…深深吸引; vi.攫取;夺取; n.攫取;霸占;夺取之物;
Ideas, stories, pride , girls in soft sweaters, video games, buttered noodles, grip one for too long and you lose so much that you've never held.
创意 故事 骄傲 身穿柔软毛衣的萌妹 电玩 拌了黄油的面条 紧抓一个东西的时间太长 从而错失了太多从未握住过的东西
This giant hand, was sent to all of us as an invitation .
这只大手 是送给我们所有人的一个邀请
To increase our mastery over the power to hold on.
让我们的紧握能力能得以增长
And let go.
然后再洒脱放手
Sorry.
对不起
Dummy. - I kinda hate you.
笨蛋 -人家真是有点恨你了
The doors are locked on that side, too.
那边的车门也锁上了
Took you long enough.
你去的可真够久的
I'd be lying if I said I didn't poop.
要是我说我没在上大号 那肯定是在说谎
Could you lie then?
那拜托你能撒一下谎不
Sure I can.
当然可以
Sure I can.
当然可以
I slapped a man.
我还打了他一耳光
Where were you?
你死去哪儿了
Hi, this is Blake, the gentleman to whom you're selling the giant hand.
你好 我是布莱克 就是你那个大手的买主
I am calling to confirm that you have the correct address ?
我打电话来是想确认一下你记的地址没错吧
We live at the end of a long driveway which often gets confused with a road.
我们家就在一条很长的车道尽头 这条车道经常会跟一条路搞混
Anyway , it's been many hours since our scheduled appointment time.
总之距离咱们预定的交货时间 已经过了好几个小时了
Again, it's Blake with a B, the purchaser of the giant hand.
重复一下 我是名字以B开头的布莱克 那只大手的买家
Bye.
再见
They're not coming, are they?
他们不会来了 对吧
I don't know, Karen. I left a message.
我不知道 凯伦 我留了言
- pride — n.自豪;骄傲;自尊心; vt.使得意,以…自豪; vi.自豪;
- video — n.[电子]视频;录像,录像机;电视; adj.视频的;录像的;电视的; v.录制;
- invitation — n.邀请;引诱;请帖;邀请函;
- confirm — vt.确认;确定;证实; 批准;使巩固;
- correct — vt.改正;告诫; vi.调整;纠正错误; adj.正确的;恰当的;端正的;
- address — vt.演说;从 事;忙于;写姓名地址;向…致辞;与…说话;提出;处理; n.地址;演讲;致辞;说话的技巧;称呼;
- Anyway — adv. 无论如何,不管怎样;总之;
- appointment — n.任命;约定;任命的职位
What are you gonna do with?
你要怎么办...
What am I gonna do with the giant watch?
我要拿这只大表怎么办吗
I don't know.
我也不知道
I, I don't plan for failure .
我也没打算失败的
Have you tried planning for success?
你有打算过成功吗
Does everything you do to this family have.
你对这个家做的事有过...
No. Finish your thought.
不要 停止你的想法
Finish your thought.
不许你再想了
Does everything have to do with me, purchasing oversize items on the Internet.
我做的所有的事情是吧 网购各种超大型物品什么的是吧
But, that's not what this is really about, is it?
但这根本不是你的真正意思 不是吗
It's not about a giant hand, or a giant watch.
这跟大手 大手表没什么关系
Please don't.
别说了
It's about a normal sized son.
你要说的是一个正常尺寸的儿子
Who disappeared and it's all my fault, because I gave him a giant kite!
他失踪了 而且全都是我的错 因为我送了他一个超大型风筝
Yes, how could you not make that connection ?
没错 难道这些之间都没有关系吗
Why do you continue to buy giant size versions of everyday objects,
你为什么要一直去买 各种日用品的超大版本呢
when they are the reason our son is - Disappeared!
尤其正是咱们儿子 -消失的罪魁祸首
Disappeared.
消失了
They never found his body on the ground, which proves he's still up there waiting.
地面上一直没找到儿子的尸体 这证明了他还在天上等着我们
He's waiting for a better daddy, with a bigger hand.
他还在等着一个更好的父亲 有着更大的手
Oh, really?
这样啊
So then why the watch?
那为啥要买手表呢
I thought it would look really cool.
我觉得这样会看起来很酷
I'm gonna walk the dog, and eventually leave you.
我要去遛狗 然后离开你
I'll put the watch in the garage .
那我把手表放车库
And probably stop showering.
大概就不洗澡了吧
Did you get any of that?
你看懂了吗
- failure — n.失败;故障;失败者;破产;
- connection — n.连接;关系;人脉;连接件;
- garage — n.车库;汽车修理 厂;飞机库; vt.把……送入车库;把(汽车)开进车库;