Welcome back to Greendale, now ranking fifth on Colorado's alphabetical listing of community colleges.
欢迎回到格林德尔 暨现科罗拉多社区大学中按字母排序第五的学院
Rest in peace, Bad Boy Slim's DJ School.
安息吧 坏小子斯林穆DJ学院
This school owes its continued existence to the following heroes.
本校能幸存至今 要感谢以下几位英雄
Jeff Winger, a teacher so dedicated to clean energy, he's already parking like his car is electric .
杰夫·翁格 一位积极拥护清洁能源的老师 连停车都向电动车看齐 抢占其专用车位
Britta Perry, currently raising awareness of homelessness, not that she has a choice.
布雷塔·派利最近提高了人们对流浪者的认识 反正她也没得选
Abed Nadir, who actually wrote this announcement for the sake of, as he put it, catching everyone up.
阿布蒂·纳德尔 本声明的实际撰稿人 用他的话说 旨在让大家跟上剧情
And Annie Edison who led the effort to save 534?
安妮·埃迪生 曾负责为格林德尔 534起
Frisbee!
飞盘
Hey Leonard, what, are you gonna Bogart the disc all day?
伦纳德 你还想霸占那盘子到什么时候
Like tears in rain.
如 雨中泪
I can't believe the roof collapsed.
简直没法相信屋顶还能塌了
We almost killed Fat Neil.
我们差点害死胖尼尔
That was Garrett.
人家叫加瑞特
See, we're monsters.
听到没 我们就是禽兽
Okay, if they blame us for this, let me take the heat.
好 如果要怪到我们头上 这黑锅我背了
I'd never see the inside of a cell .
我还没见过监狱里啥样呢
I have been reliving this day over and over for a thousand years.
我一直重复过这一天 已然过了一千年
Guys, this is not on us.
同志们 这事儿不怪我们
That roof was gonna collapse , 80% of the rubble was styrofoam.
屋顶本来就要塌了 80%的瓦砾是泡沫
Speaking of guilt, where's Shirley?
说到有罪 雪瑞哪去了
- community — n.社区;[生态]群落;共同体;团体;
- existence — n.存在,实在;生存,生活;存在物,实在物;
- following — adj.下面的;其次的,接着的; n.下列事物;一批追随者; v.跟随;沿行(follow的ing形式);
- electric — n. 供电; adj. 电的;用电的;电动的;发电的;
- sake — n.目的;利益;理由;日本米酒;
- effort — n.努力; 成就;
- cell — n.细胞;电池;蜂房的巢室;单人小室; vi.住在牢房或小室中;
- collapse — vi.倒塌;瓦解;暴跌; vt. 使倒塌,使崩溃;使萎陷;折叠; n.倒塌;失败;衰竭;
You didn't tell him?
你没跟他说
I was waiting until we were all together.
我在等我们聚齐了再说
Abed's not comfortable with C-H-A-N-G-E.
阿布蒂不习惯 波一安 喝呜阿
Hey, screw you.
去死吧你
I can spell.
我也会拼音的
Screw you.
去死去死
Is Shirley gone?
雪瑞走了吗
Did she spin off?
她单飞拍衍生剧去啦
Nobody spins off in real life, Abed.
现实生活里没人拍衍生剧 阿布蒂
Shirley went to look after her dad in Atlanta and ended up taking a job as a personal chef to a brilliant , but troubled Southern detective .
雪瑞去亚特兰大照顾她爸爸去了 后来去做了私人厨师 雇主是一位聪明绝顶 麻烦缠身的南方侦探
I told her I'd manage her sandwich shop while she's gone.
我跟她说好在此期间我会帮她看好三明治店
Oh, that's very generous of you.
你真大方
I have a friend in town, every time you're gonna need help with that.
我城里有人 需要帮忙尽管说话
She'll be back.
她会回来的
Like Troy?
像特洛伊一样
Are any of you white people noticing what's happening to this group?
你们这些白人 没注意到组里变成什么样了吗
Do Abed and I need to be concerned?
我和阿布蒂需要担心吗
You have my word, as leader of the white people there's no cause for alarm .
我跟你保证 只要我还是白人领导 就没有担心的必要
Say hello to new Shirley.
跟新雪瑞打个招呼吧
Just kidding.
开玩笑的
This is Francesca Dart.
这位是弗兰西丝卡·达特
I have brought her on as an administrative consultant .
我带她来是当行政顾问的
I thought it would be fun, and mandatory for you to add her to your little committee .
旨在增加趣味 也是强制性地 必须加入你们这个小委员会
- screw — vt.旋,拧;压榨;强迫; n.螺旋;螺丝钉;吝啬鬼; vi.转动,拧;
- spin — v. 旋转;纺纱;吐丝;纺线; n. 头 晕;(快速)旋转;常用于英式英语;晕头转向;
- personal — adj.个人的;身体的;亲自的; n.人事消息栏;人称代 名词;
- brilliant — adj.灿烂的,闪耀的;杰出的;有才气的;精彩的,绝妙的;
- detective — n. 侦探;警探;私人 侦探; adj. 侦查(用)的;
- sandwich — vt.夹入;挤进;把...做成三明治; n.三明治;夹心面包;
- generous — adj. 慷慨的,大方的;宽宏大量的;有雅量的;
- leader — n.领导者;首领;指挥者;
- alarm — n.闹钟;警报,警告器; 惊慌; vt.警告;使惊恐;
- consultant — n. 顾问;高级顾问医师;会诊医师;
Why, because one roof collapsed?
为什么 就因为塌了个屋顶
No, God, God no.
不 当然不是啦
I'm your friend bringing you a new friend, one with training in not collapsing roofs.
我是作为朋友 给你们带新朋友来的 这新朋友接受过「不塌屋顶培训」
Is she, excuse me, ma'am.
那她...别介意女士
Is she above us or below us?
那她...是在我们之上 还是之下
She is, woop!
她...I'm getting a call, here, and I'll have to take it. 有电话来了 我必须得接
Frankie, why don't you explain what your role will be, while I leave to take this call.
弗兰 你来说明一下你的任务 我出去接个电话
My phone is vibrating,
我手机正在震动
but it is - In your office, which you didn't realize, when you started the fake phone call move.
但...它... -在你办公室里 你开始假装要接电话 的时候 才想起来
My phone is in my pocket, Jeffrey.
手机就在人家口袋里 杰夫瑞
I'm walking away, so I can get it out and answer it.
我渐渐离开 是为了出去接电话
Let me know how it goes.
一会告诉我进展如何
Okay, I'll just have a seat and-.
好吧 我坐下说...
No! - No!
不行...-不要
No, no, no! - Hey!
不行不行 -喂
Our friend use to sit there.
那是我们朋友的老座位
She spun off.
她拍衍生剧去了
I'm sorry, what about here?
抱歉 那这儿呢
Yeah, ,I guess that's okay.
坐吧 那没事
Okay, so, I took an informal survey to get a sense of how Greendale is perceived.
行 我对格林德尔在人们心中 是怎样一个存在做了个非正式调查
And three themes emerged, weird.
三个主题浮现出来 诡异
Passionate and gross .
激昂和恶心
Now you want to hang onto that grouping.
现在你们还坚持抱团
In marketing, it's what we call the Good Belushi.
在市场上 我们称这个为好布鲁什
If I had a magic wand, I would use it to make sure Greendale never had to grow up.
我要是有根魔杖 我会用它来确保格林德尔不会发展扩张
- committee — n. 委员会;
- role — n.角色;任务;
- fake — n.假货;骗子;假动作; vt.捏造;假装…的样子; vi.假装; 做假动作; adj.伪造的;
- survey — n.调查;测量;审视;纵览; vt.调查;勘测;俯瞰; vi.测量土地;
- gross — adj.总 共的;粗野的;恶劣的;显而易见的; vt.总共收入; n.总额,总数;
I would also probably use it to cut the Magic Wand class that I noticed is actually offered here, as well as VCR Repair, a class called Ladders, and when is it Okay to Shake a Baby?
或者用来砍掉「魔杖课」 我没想到你们居然还真这门课 还有「录像机修理课」 「梯子课」还有「最佳时机晃孩子课」In terms of hierarchy, I'm a big believer in it. 至于等级制度 我是十分推崇的
Someone needs to say, I'm in charge , and that person is me.
如果要有人领头 那个人必须是我
That's my decision.
得由我说了算
That doesn't mean that we don't work together, but all communication and decisions will go through me.
不代表我们不能合作 但所有沟通交流以及决定都得经过我
I'll send out an email later to set up our next meeting.
过会我会给大家发邮件 确定下次开会时间
Awesome. - Okay. Great seeing you, Professor.
太好了 -很荣幸见到您 教授
Yeah. Coolios.
好酷哦
Who in the crazy bitch?
这疯婊子是干嘛来的
Did that just happen ?
刚刚那是真的吗
Did you see her binder?
你们看到她的活页夹了吗
Pretty nondescript.
真是没特色
Seems like she may be trouble.
看起来她是个麻烦啊
To be fair , she's an additional white person, which has clearly become important here.
老实说 算上她又多了个白人 显然已经成为这里的重要问题了
No, thank you.
没 谢谢你
I, I'm just glad I was able to answer.
能接到电话就万幸了
My, my phone got lodged in my pocket.
手机刚刚卡我口袋里拿不出来了
I know!
我知道
I guess that is a thing.
我猜这种事也免不了啦
- magic — n.巫术;魔法;戏法; adj.不可思议的;有魔力的;魔术的;
- charge — n.费用;电荷;掌管;控告;命令;负 载; vt.使充电;使承担;指责;装载;对…索费;向…冲去; vi.充电;控告;索价;向前冲;记在账上;
- mean — adj.平 均的;卑鄙的;低劣的;吝啬的; vt.意味;想要;意欲; n.平均值; vi.用意;
- communication — n.通讯,[通信] 通信;交流;信函;
- happen — vi.发生;碰巧;偶然遇到;
- Pretty — adj.漂亮的;可爱的;优美的; adv.相当地;颇; n.漂亮的人;
- fair — adj.公平的;美丽的,白皙的;[气象]晴朗的; adv.公平地;直接地;清楚地; vi.转晴; n.展 览会;市集;美人;
- additional — adj.附加的,额外的;
So, you were saying about the thing, the reason you were calling was, what were you talking to me about?
话说 刚才说到那件事 你打电话给我的理由 到底是为什么来着
Looks good, Tony.
看上去不错 托尼
I'm sorry, I just assume your name is Tony.
不好意思 我就直接猜你叫托尼了
Here you go.
你的菜齐了
I gave you some extra heat.
我给你的菜多加热了一会儿
Britta, what is the weekly cost of this restaurant?
布雷塔 这个餐厅每周的成本花费多少
Oh, that's easy.
太简单了
My dignity.
我的尊严
Seems like this sandwich counter is consuming your happiness and converting it into burnt bread and debt .
看上去这个三明治摊正消耗着你的快乐 取而代之的是烤焦的面包和累累欠债
Frankie, hi.
弗兰 你好
Someone removed all the liquor from the faculty lounge .
有人搬空了员工休息室里所有的酒
I'm sorry, I cannot legally protect or insure a campus with free flowing booze.
很抱歉 我无法在法律上保护 一所酒水泛滥的学校Well, I can't teach with free flowing sobriety. 可如果时刻保持清醒我就没法教书了
Is that true?
是这样吗
Do you really think you're an addict?
你真的认为你是个酒鬼吗
Dean!
院长
Yes, I can talk.
是的 我有空
Damn it.
可恶
I am available anytime for you.
你若需要帮助我一定随叫随到
Frankie, Frankie.
弗兰 弗兰
Hi. I had an idea about how to deelectrify the pool.
我有个想法能让泳池不易导电
- reason — n.理由;理性;动机; vi.推论;劝说; vt.说服;推论;辩论;
- assume — vt.承担;假定;采取;呈现;僭取;篡 夺;夺取;擅用;侵占;
- extra — adv.特别地,非常;另外; n.临时演员;号外;额外的事物;上等产品; adj.额外 的,另外收费的;特大的;
- weekly — adj.每周的;周刊的;一周一次的; n.周刊; adv.每周一次;逐周;
- counter — n. 计算器;(商店、银行等的)柜台;(厨房的)操作台;棋子; v. 反驳;驳斥;抵制;抵消; adv. 逆向 地;相反地;反对地; adj. 反对的;一对中之一;
- debt — n.债务;借款;罪过;
- liquor — n. 液;白酒;汤;[药学]溶液;
- faculty — n.科,系;能力;全体教员;
- lounge — n.休息室;闲逛;躺椅;(英)酒吧间; vi.闲逛;懒洋洋地躺卧;闲 混; vt.虚度光阴;
- insure — v. 投保;给…保险;接受投保;承保;
- campus — n.(大学)校园;大学,大学生活;校 园内的草地;
- Damn — vt.谴责;罚…下地狱; vi.谴责; n.一点;诅咒; adj.可恶的; adv.非常; int.讨厌;
- available — adj.可获得的;可购得的;可找到的;有空的;
Oh, that's already been dealt with.
这件事我已经处理好了
Okay, well, then, there's-.
好吧 接下去 还有...
Oh, let's see.
让我看看
Done, done, deloused.
完成 完成 虱子已清
Appraised, defused, rebuilt.
已评估 已拆除 重建完成
De-peanut buttered, debunked, spayed, neutered.
花生酱清完了 赶跑了 都阉了
Underway, resanctified, plunged, deported and exhumed.
进行中 重批 暴跌 驱逐出境 已掘出
Thank you.
谢谢你
Oh, this is pretty.
这个挺漂亮的
I'm gonna name one of my sandwiches after her.
我要用她来命名我做的三明治
My sandwiches suck .
我的三明治可难吃了
She is improving Greendale.
她确实在改善格林德尔
Yeah, but how much can you improve Greendale before it stops being Greendale?
可格林德尔能有什么可改善的呢 除非完全改头换面不做格林德尔
She didn't suffer for this place.
她没在这里遭过罪
She doesn't understand it.
她不理解这里的精髓
She's gonna end up messing with something that-.
她最后肯定会伤害到一些...
Abed.
阿布蒂
Temporal mutation in English, Doc.
请解释一下时空变异 博士 说人话
Simply put, Mr. President , in 12 hours these dinosaurs will become-.
简单来说 总统先生 这些恐龙在十二小时内会变成
Mind if I sit here?
介意我坐这儿吗
Time-asaurs.
时空龙
Go ahead, I can reshoot.
坐吧 我重录
How's everything going?
最近怎么样
I have concerns.
我有一些顾虑
I'd like to hear them.
说来听听
I'm worried you're not distinct enough for Manny both in terms of physicality and purpose.
我很担心无论从体型上还是意志方面 你都难以达到男保姆的要求
Okay.
好吧
I can't determine if you have any specific flaw , quirk, or point of view that makes you a creative addition to the group.
我判断不出你是否有任何特别的缺点 怪癖 或是观点 能让你的加入为我们小组锦上添花
I don't know what that means , but I'm writing it down.
我不知道你在说什么 但我会记下来
- suck — vt.吸吮;吸取; vi.吸吮;糟糕;巴结; n.吮吸;
- improve — vt.改善,增进;提高…的价值; vi.增加;变得更 好;
- being — n.存在;生命;本质;品格; adj.存在的;现有的;
- suffer — vt.遭受;忍受;经历; vi.遭受,忍受;受痛 苦;经验;受损害;
- President — n.总统;董事长;校长;
- distinct — adj.明显的;独特的;清楚的;有区别的;
- determine — v.(使)下决心,(使)做出决定; vt.决定,确定;判定,判决;限定; vi.确定;决定;判决,终止; [主用于法律]了结,终止,结束;
- specific — adj.特殊的,特定的;明确的;详细的;[药]具有特效的; n.特 性;细节;特效药;
- flaw — n.瑕疵,缺点;一阵狂风;短暂的风暴;裂缝,裂纹; v.使生裂缝,使有裂纹;使无效;使有 缺陷; vi.生裂缝;变的有缺陷;
- creative — adj.创造性的;
My umbrella concern is that you, as a character , represent the end of what I used to call our show, which was once an unlikely family of misfit students,
简而言之 我担心的是你作为一个新角色 预示了我所说的我们剧集的完结 以前我们是不合群学生组成的不可能家族
and is now a pretty loose knit group of students and teachers, none of whom are taking a class together in a school which, as of your arrival , is becoming increasingly grounded, asking questions like, how do any of us get our money?
而现在是由老师和学生组成的松散团体 甚至大 家彼此之间都没人同修一门课 而你的到来 让 整个学院变得无比现实 我们开始思索 比如 「我们的钱从哪儿来」
When will we get our degrees?
「我们什么时候才能毕业」And what happened to that girl I was dating? 还有「我以前约会的那个姑娘去哪儿了」
As opposed to questions I consider more important like, what is real? What is sanity?
而事实上我却认为这些问题更重要 比如「什么是真实」 「什么是清醒」
Is there a God?
「有没有上帝」
Where's that Pierce hologram?
「皮尔斯的全息影像去哪儿了」Jeff said last year he saw a Pierce hologram. 杰夫说去年他看到过皮尔斯的全息影像
None of the rest of us have ever seen it.
我们其他人都没看到过
So, if there's a Pierce ghost on campus, I'd like to get a head start on busting it.
所以 如果皮尔斯的鬼魂在校园游荡 我很乐意成为头一个去抓它的人
All right. This is the first I've heard that I'm a character on a show.
好吧 这还是我第一次 听到我是一个剧里的角色这种说法
- means — n.手段;方法;财产; v.意思是;打算(mean的第三人称单数)[复数means];
- writing — n.书写;作品; 著作;[法]笔迹; v.书写(write的ing形式);
- umbrella — n.雨伞;保护伞;庇护;伞形结构;
- concern — vt.涉 及,关系到;使担心; n.关系;关心;关心的事;
- character — n.性格,品质;特性;角色;[计]字符; vt.印,刻; 使具有特征;
- represent — vt.代表;表现;描绘;回忆;再赠送; vi.代表;提出异议;
- loose — adj.宽松的;散漫的; 不牢固的;不精确的; vt.释放;开船;放枪; vi.变松;开火; adv.松散地; n.放纵;放任;发射;
- arrival — n.到来; 到达;到达者;
- increasingly — adv.越来越多地;渐增地;
- Pierce — v. 穿透;扎;刺破;穿过; n. 皮尔斯;
- ghost — n.鬼,幽灵; vt.作祟于;替…捉刀;为人代笔; vi.替人代笔;
I'm excited to be one, but I agree, I'll be a boring one.
我很荣幸 我也同意我的角色会很无趣
Quirks are not my strong suit , results are.
举止怪异不是我的特长 做出成果才是
I love quirky people.
我喜欢怪胎
I come from a big family of people who are literally insane.
我来自一个几乎全是疯子的大家庭
I moved down here to take care of one of them.
我搬来这里就是为了照顾其中一位家人
But I myself am exceptionally boring, and I am quite proud to be that way, because it allows me to help the ess boring people turn quirks into results.
但我是个特例 我很无趣 我对此感到很骄傲 因为这样我就能帮助 那些不那么无趣的人 化怪异为成就
That's the most interesting take on not being interesting that I've ever heard.
这番甘于无趣的言论 是我听到过的最有趣的了
As far as what I represent about your show, I wouldn't give me or anyone else that kind of power.
至于我给你的剧带来的征兆 我不会给我自己或其他任何人这种力量
Good shows change, I assume.
好剧不会一成不变 我猜
Personally, I don't own a TV.
我自己是没电视的
You're the first person to say that that I didn't immediately delete from my brain.
你是第一个说这种话而我却没有 第一时间把它们从脑海里删除的人了
Thank you.
谢谢
Emergency meeting at Shirley's Sandwiches right now.
立刻在雪瑞三明治店召开紧急会议
Everyone freaking out.
人民群众各种惊慌失措
New lady is evil .
新来的女人是恶魔
Crazy frown .
[表情]疯狂皱眉
I should go.
我得走了
Abed, I could really use someone's help in learning the ropes around here.
阿布蒂 我想我很需要有人能帮忙 摸清这儿的内情
I'll ask around.
我会四处打探一下的
- boring — adj.无聊的;令人厌烦的; n.钻孔; v.钻孔;使厌烦;挖空(bore的ing形式);
- suit — vt.适合;使适应; n.诉讼;恳求;套装;一套外衣; vi.合适;相称;
- immediately — adv.立即,立刻;直接地; conj.一…就;
- delete — v. 删去;删除;
- Emergency — n.紧急情况;突发事件;非常时刻; adj.紧急的;备用的;
- evil — adj.邪恶 的;不幸的;有害的;讨厌的; n.罪恶,邪恶;不幸;
- frown — n. 皱眉;蹙眉头; v. 皱眉;
- learning — n.学习;学问; v.学习(learn的现在分词);
Friends, dumb hats.
朋友 傻帽
Totally talking down to you.
瞧瞧她那高人一等的口气
She hates you.
她讨厌你
I got it from Jared.
杰拉德和我说的
What are you guys doing back here?
你们躲在这里做什么呢
Are you the Big Chilling?
你们在演「大寒」里的情节吗
Yeah, only there's not a hippie that died to make us come together and complain .
没错 只不过我们聚在一起抱怨的对象 不是什么死掉的嬉皮士
It's our school.
而是咱们的学校
Frankie's taking over the campus.
弗兰已经接管校园了
She cancelled ladder's, she's banning substances, she wants to shut down Shirley's Sandwiches.
她取消了梯子课 禁用药物 她想要关闭雪瑞三明治
She called Annie a bitch.
她还叫安妮贱人
She implied I was a bitch.
她暗示说我是个贱人
She implied Annie was a stuck up bitch who thinks she's better than everyone.
她暗示说安妮是个傲慢自大 认为自己优秀到无人能比的婊子
Okay, now you're just...
好吧 现在你是在...
She was nice to me.
她对我还挺友好的
In fact we kinda got along.
其实我们相处得还算不错
Abed, are you sure she wasn't actually being sweetly condescending?
阿布蒂 你确定她不是在屈尊故作亲切吗
Yup, I learned to pick up on that one.
不是 我已经学会分辨那个了
I make a movement that we form a separate, secret, committee.
我要带头领导组建一个单独的秘密委员会
I second Britta's motion , not movement.
我支持布雷塔的动议 但不赞同她领导
I third Annie's number two-ing of the movement Brita made.
我赞成安妮对布雷塔的支「屎」
Gross.
恶心Our mission to preserve the real Greendale. 我们的任务就是保留真正的格林德尔
Oppose Frankie or drink.
反对弗兰或喝酒
Whatever's easiest.
哪个简单做哪个
Are you guys sure she's bad?
你们确定她就是坏人了吗
Are you sure you're not doing what I usually do, overreacting to change?
与…对垒; 你们确定自己不是在重蹈我的覆辙 对改变反应过度
- dumb — adj.哑的,无说话能力的;不说话的,无声音的;
- complain — vi.投诉;发牢骚;诉说; vt.抱怨;控诉;
- learned — adj.博学的;有学问的;学术上的;
- motion — n.动作;移动;手势;请求;意向;议案; vi.运动;打手势; vt.运动;向…打手势;
- mission — n.使命,任务;代表团;布道; vt.派遣;向……传教;
- preserve — vt.保存;保护; 维持;腌;禁猎; n.保护区;禁猎地;加工成的食品;
- Oppose — v. 反对(计划、政策等);抵制;阻挠;(在竞赛中)
Nobody's ever doing what you usually do Abed.
这里没人会跟你一样 阿布蒂
You're nuts.
你是怪胎
In a good way.
是褒义啦
I'm just saying.
我就是说说
Leave reality to us.
把现实交给我们就好
We always support you.
我们总是支持你的
Don't make it more dramatic than it is.
别搞得那么狗血好吗
It's a blood oath to defy evil.
这是我们对抗恶魔的血誓
You're either in or you're out.
你要么加入要么退出
Can I hang around if I don't do the oath.
我能不发血誓仍然和你们一起玩耍吗
Oh, Gee. You mean just be friends?
老天 你是指我们只做朋友
Sure. Great, Abed.
当然 没问题 阿布蒂
Okay.
好的
Can I have some pretzels?
那我能吃点小脆饼干吗
Those are secret committee pretzels.
这是秘密委员会小脆饼干
Okay.
好吧
Yes, that was a test.
刚刚只是个测试
You guys are bad friends.
你们真是一群糟糕的朋友
Don't think of it as bad baking.
不要把这个当成烤焦的汉堡
Think of it as a crushing blow to a gender stereotype.
要把它想象成对于性别歧视的致命打击
Britta, it might help if every burnt sandwich didn't come with a self-aware burnt sandwich bit.
布雷塔 如果所有烤焦的三明治上面 不带有自我意识的话估计会有所帮助
Is that how you're gonna help increase sales, creative notes?
你就是这样帮助提高销量的 创意点子
I had that sign spinner idea.
酷耍广告牌的创意就是我想出来的
We're a restaurant inside a cafeteria Annie, our weak point wasn't traffic.
安妮 咱就是个学校食堂的小吃摊 我们的弱项显然不是交通问题
Flo, Alice stop fighting, can't afford to lose this place.
弗洛 爱丽丝 别掐架了 咱可输不起这地方
If I have to start drinking in the men's room, the score in my head has to change from Trent Reznor to Johnny Cash doing Trent Reznor.
如果我开始在男厕里开始喝酒 我脑中的音乐会从特伦特·雷兹原唱 变成约翰尼·卡什的翻唱版了
I'm a bartender Annie, I know a little bit more about the human side of service.
我是当酒保的 安妮 我还是了解一些人性化服务知识的
- reality — n.现实;实际;真实;
- support — vt.支持,支撑,支援;扶持,帮助;赡养,供养; n.支持,维持;支 援,供养;支持者,支撑物;
- dramatic — adj. 突然的;巨大的;令人吃惊的;激动人心的;
- afford — vt.给予, 提供;买得起;
- score — n. 成绩;比分;总谱;伤痕; v. 评分;(在游戏或比赛中)得分;(在游戏或比赛中)记分;
- Cash — n.现款,现金; vt.将…兑现;支付现款;
I can't eat this.
我实在吃不下去
Can I have my money back?
能把钱退给我吗
You're human garbage .
你就是个人渣
Hi, Mr. Winger.
你好 翁格先生
Nice lecture yesterday.
昨天的讲座很棒
Don't patronize me dick.
别拍我的马屁 混球
It might not seem like this, but you're killing small, black owned business.
也许看起来不是这样 但你正在扼杀一个黑人经营的渺小生意
I'll call it even for a drink with Mr. Winger.
如果能和翁格先生喝杯酒 我们就扯平了
That's absurd. - You will?
太荒唐了吧 -是吗
Let's see some ID. You snitch, you die.
拿身份证来 敢去告密你就死定了
Morning.
早上好
Morning.
早上好
Morning.
早上好
Well I guess we'll wait for the others before we start.
我想要先先等下其他人再开始了
I don't think they're coming. - What?
我不认为他们还会来 -什么
The committee had a meeting last night and decided you are evil.
委员会昨晚开会表决了你是恶魔
Ooh. Wait, you guys had a meeting last night?
稍等 你们昨晚开会了
So, we broke up as friends.
所以我们已经不再是朋友了
Because I don't think you're evil.
因为我并不认为你是恶魔
I think you scare people, because you live in the real world instead of up your butt.
我想你让人害怕 是因为你生活在现实中而不是幻想
I'm sorry that happened, Abed.
我真的很抱歉 阿布蒂
It's like I said yesterday at lunch.
就像我昨天在午餐时说过的
Drama and conflict are exciting and easy.
戏剧和冲突总是简单和令人愉悦的
Making a difference can be pretty boring.
但想要做出不同就会很无聊
You guys had lunch?
你们一起吃了午餐
I'd like to try to live in that world.
我想尝试着在那个世界里活下去
I'm a little tired from all the drama, the heroes, the villains, monsters.
我对这些戏剧什么的有点厌倦了 英雄啦 反派啦 怪兽啦
Pokemons.
口袋妖怪啦
- garbage — n.垃圾;废物;
- scare — vt.惊吓;把…吓跑; vi.受惊; n.恐慌;惊吓;惊恐; adj.(美)骇人的;
- instead — adv.代替;反而;
- conflict — n. 冲突;矛盾;争执;抵触; v. 抵触;
- tired — adj.疲倦的;厌倦的,厌烦 的; v.疲倦;对…腻烦(tire的过去分词形式);
You're just a person that sees things the way they are.
而你能通过表象看到他们的本质
Leprechauns. Scary.
地精啦 吓人吧
I don't know if I can be like that but I don't think it makes sense to be against it.
我不确定我能不能变成那样 但是 我同意不认为和它对着干是正确的
You guys ever hear of The Slender Man?
你们听说过森林暗鬼吗
I'd like to try to help you.
我想试着帮助你
And if possible, learn from you.
当然 如果可能的话 向你学习
You guys on Reddit, 4Chan?
你们上Reddit论坛或4Chan吗
That would be great, Abed. - Cuz it's awesome.
那真是太好了 阿布蒂 -论坛超棒
I think we'd all benefit if we were more like you, so what do you say?
如果大家都像你一样 那对所有人都好 你觉得呢
Let's order some food.
我们订个餐吧
Let's save Greendale.
让我们一起拯救格林德尔
Let's save Greendale.
让我们拯救格林德尔
Tacos!
玉米卷
We are something else.
我们还真是与众不同
Abed.
阿布蒂
Abed.
阿布蒂
What are you doing?
你在干什么
What do you mean?
什么意思
Someone told me you were sweeping, straightening clocks.
有人告诉我你在扫垃圾 摆正时钟
Why are you cleaning that sign?
你为什么要清理掉那个标志
I gave you a list.
我给了你一个清单
Yeah, the list felt pretty similar visually.
是啊 清单看起来都相似的
I can't picture a montage cutting from me verifying Diane's invoice to me emailing confirmation to Diane.
我想象不出来怎么剪辑 从我确认黛安给我开发票 到我给她发确认邮件的蒙太奇
Right.
好吧
But a montage is what, Abed?
蒙太奇是啥玩意儿 阿布蒂
It's a movie apologizing for reality.
是对现实致歉的电影
And we are where?
那我们在哪
Reality. - And what do people do here?
现实 -人们在现实做什么
They email Diane?
给黛安发邮件吗
Abed, if you change your clothes one more time today, you're fired.
阿布蒂 如果你今天再换衣服就给我走人
Sorry.
对不起
Hey, Abed.
阿布蒂
Hey, Todd.
托德
Are Annie and Britta around?
安妮和布雷塔在吗
Abed, maybe you should order the special.
似物; 阿布蒂 或许你该点个特餐
- Slender — adj.细长的;苗条的;微薄的;
- benefit — n.利益,好处;救济金; vt.有益于,对…有益; vi.受益, 得益;
- order — n.命令;顺序;规则;[贸易]定单; vt.命令;整理;定购; vi.命令;定货;
- similar — adj.相似的; n.类
I'll have the special.
我会点的
The specials are kept in the back.
特餐放在后厨了
You should, you should go in the back.
你应该 你应该去后面看一眼
I'd like the special.
我想要那个特价菜
Vaporizers, Skittles?
烟具 彩虹糖
Abed.
阿布蒂
Hey, Annie.
安妮
This place is so conceptual.
这地方真有格调
It's practical, too.
同时也很实际
We made enough money to save Shirley's.
我们赚够了钱可以拯救雪瑞的店了
And in an ironic way.
以一种讽刺的方式
Because if Shirley saw this, her soul would die.
如果雪瑞看见了这个 她会气死的
Hey, Abed, check this out.
阿布蒂 来看看这个
Oh, Britta's still the worst?
布雷塔还是最烂的吗
Yeah.
是啊
The bar gets dirty.
酒吧越来越脏了
You're gonna need someone to clean it, probably after hours.
你得找个人去清理下 或许是下班之后And those floor polishers can get pretty loud. 因为地板抛光机的噪音挺大的
I'd hate for someone to hear it.
我不喜欢让人听见这个噪音
You blackmailing me?
你要敲诈我吗
Just talking shop.
瞎说说而已
What's the rumpus, Abed?
有什么骚乱 阿布蒂
Miller's Crossing .
「黑帮龙虎斗」
This is really great.
这太棒了
You guys should be proud of yourselves.
你们这群家伙应该自豪点
We missed you.
我们想你了
Have a drink.
喝杯酒吧
Put on an old timey jacket.
穿套老式的夹克吧
That's okay, I don't really do this anymore.
好的 我不会再这么做了
All right, come on.
好的 来
I said I don't do this, see.
我都说了 我不想这么干
You dirty rat.
你个卑鄙小人
Guys are all dirty rats.
男的都是卑鄙小人
What's your romper room?
你的「碰跳教室」呢[70年代儿童节目]
All right, maybe just one drink.
好吧 就喝一杯
Then maybe cut to a montage of drinks.
然后就剪成之后喝酒的蒙太奇
Let's never stop being friends again ever.
咱以后一直还是朋友
Cheers!
干杯
We shouldn't have made you choose between Frankie and us.
我们不应该逼你在弗兰和我们之间抉择的
Oh, she's good for business.
她对我们的生意有好处
We're sorry that we made you choose between- You're just repeating what I said.
很抱歉逼你选择... 你就是把我说的重复了一遍
No, you're repeating what I said.
不 是你重复了我说的
- Crossing — n.十字路口;杂交;横渡;横道; v.横越(cross的现在分词);
Oh, I'm a time traveler?
难道我会穿越吗
This is the show.
人生如戏啊
Abed, I just got word from Diane that one of your emails was a little shaky.
阿布蒂 我刚从黛安那得到消息 你的某个邮件有点不靠谱
Are you okay?
你还好吗
I'm good. Late night last night.
好得很 昨天睡太晚
Yeah, I could use a little protein .
我去补充点蛋白质
I'm gonna go get an early lunch.
我要早点去吃午餐
You guys know about tardigrades?
你们几个知道什么是水熊虫吗
They're these microscopic creatures that look like robot bears.
它们是一种像机器熊一样的微生物
They can survive in space.
能在太空中生存
Get into space, you dirty tardigrades, see?
进入太空 你个小脏虫子
And they're everywhere.
它们无处不在
There's a lot of little things in real life that are just as cool as fake stuff .
现实生活中有很多虚拟生物一样酷的小生命 现实生活中有很多虚拟生物一样酷的小生命
I learned that working for Frankie.
我为弗兰工作的时候学到了这个
You guys would like her, you know.
你们会喜欢她的
Raid !
突袭检查
Is this what you guys want?
这就是你们想要的吗
You wanna play cops and robbers with costumes?
你们想穿上戏服 玩警察抓小偷是吗
Why is that guy a carrot ?
为什么那个人扮成胡萝卜
Because they ran out.
因为警服都穿完了
Who tattled?
谁泄露了机密
In what world, Brita, do you see this as covert enough to require tattling?
布雷塔 在你认为这点儿小秘密 犯得上泄露吗
You built a bar in a school.
你在学校里开了个酒吧
There was lumber involved.
职责所在啊
I have been letting you hole up down here, because it kept you contained and satisfied, because you are all compulsively defiant, but it wasn't enough.
我让你们能躲到这 因为这样让你们感到从容舒适 因为你们总是挑衅 这还不够
You had to drag Abed back in, and Abed deserves better.
你们又把阿布蒂拉进来 阿布蒂理应更好
- protein — n. 蛋白质;
- survive — vt.幸存;生还;幸免于;比...活得长; vi.幸存;活下来;
- stuff — n.东西;材料;填充 物;素材资料; vt.塞满;填塞;让吃饱; vi.吃得过多;
- Raid — n.袭击;突袭;搜捕;抢劫; vi.对…进行突然袭击; vt.袭击,突袭;
- carrot — n. [植]胡萝卜;〈非正式〉好处;回报;
- require — vt.需要;要求;命令;
Oh, ho, ho, ho, ho, it finally comes out.
看啊 终于露出尾巴了
Abed deserves better.
阿布蒂理应更好
That's been out.
这事早就公开了
Shut up, Leonard.
闭嘴 伦纳德
I once mistook six people for you at a pharmacy.
有回在药店 一连六个老头我都错认成了你
It's not their fault, Frankie.
弗兰 这不是他们的错
I chose this.
我选择这样
These are my friends.
他们是我的朋友
I hate emailing Diane.
我讨厌给黛安写邮件
She can't commit to a font.
她不能老是改字体
It's pathological, and so am I.
真是有病 我也是
This is where I belong.
这才是我的归属
I know you think that, Abed, but you don't know any better.
我知道你是这么想的 阿布蒂 但你什么都不知道
But shut up, Leonard.
闭嘴 伦纳德
You are.
你也是
You are old.
你个老头子
And you deserve less, because of your age.
因为你老 所以你不配
I don't, I don't actually believe that.
我不是这么想的
I'm just trying to, I'm trying to, and everybody here is a, is a fart, a livid fart from the butt of a lesser God.
我只是在...只是在 这里的人 都是屁 都是次等神屁眼里放出的大臭屁
I'm, I'm better than this.
我本该用点更好的比喻
Cut to everyone on campus getting as drunk as they want montage.
切到校园里人人豪饮的蒙太奇场景
Frankie hasn't come back to work today.
弗兰今天没来上班
That's terrible .
真是太糟了
The insurance company dropped us.
保险公司不要我们了
The school has no insurance.
我们学校现在连保险都没了
What was Frankie's salary ?
弗兰的薪水怎么样
A lot.
很多
What were the insurance premiums?
那保险费呢
A lot.
也很多
Add those two numbers together, that's your new school dance budget .
那两个加一起就是新的舞会预算
Oh, nice.
真棒
- drag — n. 令人厌烦的人;乏味无聊的事;累赘;拖累; v. (使劲而吃力地)拖;缓慢而费力地移动(或行进);生 拉硬拽; adj. 女穿男服的;〈美俚〉男穿女服的; adv. 〈美俚〉带有女伴;
- finally — adv.最后;终于;决定 性地;
- deserve — vi.应受,应得; vt.应受,应得;
- drunk — v.喝酒(drink的过去分词); adj.喝醉了的;
- terrible — adj.可怕的;很糟的;令人讨厌的; adv.很,非常;
- insurance — n. 保险;保险业;保险费;保费; adj. 胜券在握的;
- salary — vt.给...加薪;给...薪水; n.薪水;
- budget — n.预算,预算费; vt.安排,预定;把…编入 预算; vi.编预算,做预算; adj.廉价的;
Welcome to ladder!
欢迎来到梯子课
Yeah!
棒哦
Ladder!
梯子
Who wants to see the ladders professor go higher?
要不要看看梯子老师爬得更高
Ladder!
梯子
You did it, Jeff Winger!
你成功了 杰夫·翁格
This is your school now.
这是你的学校了
Annie.
安妮
It was worth it.
值了
All right, that should be the extent of the professor's medical bills.
好 教授的治疗费用应该就这么多了
What, what about that lawsuits from the students?
那学生的诉讼呢
I think we should fight those.
这官司得打
Actually, I suggest you settle out of court .
我觉得庭外和解比较好
This is my fault.
都是我的错
Obviously not.
当然不是
It's my fault. - It's my fault.
是我的错 -是我的错
Guys, it's my fault.
伙计们 是我的错
It's my fault.
是我的错
It's my fault.
是我的错
It's my fault.
是我的错
It's my fault.
是我的错
It's my fault.
是我的错
It's my fault.
是我的错
It's my fault.
是我的错
It's my fault.
是我的错
It's my fault.
是我的错
It's my fault.
是我的错
All right, all right, all right.
好了 好了 好了
So, whose fault wasn't it?
这事儿谁没错呢
And who knows anything about handling anything like this?
有谁知道怎么处理这堆麻烦吗In terms of hierarchy, I'm a big believer in it. 至于等级制度 我是十分推崇的
Someone needs to say, I'm in charge, and that person is me.
如果要有人领头 那个人必须是我
That's my decision.
得由我说了算
Wait, what?
什么玩意儿
I'm sorry? - Who talks like that?
怎么了 -谁会这么说话啊
Why would anyone hire someone so pompous?
天下怎么会有如此浮夸的女子
Miss Dart, word of advice, change your personality , or start looking for companies run by insane people.
达特女士 听我一句劝 你最好改改你的脾气 不然就去 找一家疯子公司吧
Don't hire this woman.
别雇这个女人
Fifth time's the charm .
事不过五
- extent — n.程度;范围;长度;
- settle — v. 定居;结算;停留;确定; n. 高背长椅(老式木家具,有扶手,座下多 带柜);
- court — n.法院;球场;朝廷;奉承; vt.招致(失败、危险等);向…献殷勤;设法获得; vi.求爱;
- hire — n.雇 用,租用;租金,工钱; vt.雇用;出租; vi.雇用,租用;受雇;
- personality — n.个性;品格;名人;
He's barged the four offices screaming, don't hire this woman.
他之前已经闯入四间办公室 大吼大叫 别雇这个女人
What the hell is going on?
搞什么鬼
What are you doing here?
你们怎么来了
How did you even find me?
又是怎么找到我的
I emailed Diane.
我给黛安写了邮件
She knows way too much about your schedule , by the way.
她真是太了解你的日程了
Whatever he's offering you, Greendale, well, we can't double it.
不管他给你开了什么条件 格林德尔 给不了你双倍
We probably can't even match it.
甚至给不了相同的薪水
Whatever he's offering you, Greendale will give you less, and an apology .
但不管他给你开了什么条件 格林德尔只能给你更少 外加一个道歉
Do you know...
你们知不知道
It's not enough, but maybe if you added more apologies.
这不够 不过... 你们如果能给我多一点道歉
Like a montage of them?
蒙太奇叠加式的道歉吗
We're sorry.
对不起
I told you I wouldn't be needing dinner tonight.
我说了 今晚我不用晚餐
I'm guessing you wouldn't.
我猜你也不会
Not if you're looking for this.
因为你在找这个
How'd you know?
你怎么知道的
Nobody makes more crumbs than a cook.
面包屑之于厨师Well, the same goes for clues and detectives. 正如线索之于侦探
You're too busy solving murders to get away with your own.
你这么执迷于破案 自己想了断却不上心
Well, then, what about the case of my wife and my legs, Shirley?
那我妻子的案子呢 还有我的腿呢 雪瑞
Can you solve that one, huh?
你也能破了吗
Can you?
你能吗
Cuz if you can't, then I ain't got nothing to live for.
如果你破不了 那我也生无可恋了
Begging your pardon, Mr. Butcher .
对不起 布彻先生
I think the people on this bayou would disagree.
你这么说 整个海湾的人都不会信
You rescued a runaway girl today.
你今天救了一位出走的姑娘
- charm — n. 魅力;咒语;吸引力;魔力; v. 迷住;吸引;保护;
- hell — n.地狱;究竟(作加强语气词);训斥;黑暗势 力; vi.过放荡生活;飞驰; int.该死;见鬼(表示惊奇、烦恼、厌恶、恼怒、失望等);
- schedule — v. 安排;预 定;为…安排时间;将…列入; n. 日程安排;明细表;工作计划;(电视或广播)节目表;
- apology — n.道歉;谢罪; 辩护;勉强的替代物;
- solve — vt.解决;解答;溶解; vi.作解答;
- Butcher — n. 屠夫;肉贩;肉店;肉铺; v. 屠杀;杀 戮;屠宰;宰杀; adj. “butch”的比较级;
Rescued, balls.
救什么救啊
I couldn't even rescue a, a bulb from a socket.
现在就是换个灯泡我都无能为力
And you did all the work today, didn't you?
今天的活儿难道不都是你干的吗
I'm just a detective from the swamps of Atlanta, can't even walk.
我只是亚特兰大这鬼地方里的 一个走不了路的侦探
Then let me be your legs.
那就让我当你的腿吧
Let me do for you what I did today every week until you find your wife.
以后我都会像今天一样 直到你找到妻子
Or your legs.
重新站起来
You are a stubborn son of a bitch, Shirley Bennett.
你真是倔得跟头牛似的 雪瑞·伯纳德
Now come on. I have dinner to make.
快起来吧 我还要做晚餐呢
You got cases to solve.
而你 还有案子要破
Feeling someone's gonna murder some tater tots tonight.
今晚那些马铃薯要性命不保了
That's no mystery at all.
这点毫无疑问了
Next week, on The Butcher and the Baker, when a new detective on the Bayou disappears, and Butcher is the prime suspect , it's up to Shirley to cook up some answers.
下周 「布彻与大厨」 亚特兰大新来的侦探失踪 布彻成了首要嫌疑人 雪瑞大厨又要寻找真相了
Did you get any of that?
你看懂了吗
- rescue — n. 救援;抢救;营救;获救; v. 抢救;营救;援救;
- bulb — n. 电灯泡;(植物)鳞茎;鳞茎状物(如温度计的 球部); v. 生球茎;肿[涨]成球;
- murder — vt.谋杀,凶杀; n.谋杀,凶杀; vi.杀人,犯杀人罪;
- mystery — n. 秘密,谜;神秘,神秘的事物;推理小说,推理剧;常作mysteries秘技,秘诀;
- prime — adj.主要的;最好 的;基本的; adv.极好地; n.初期;青年;精华;全盛时期; vt.使准备好;填装; vi.作准备;
- suspect — n.嫌疑犯; adj.可疑的;不可信的; vt.怀疑;猜想; vi.怀疑;猜想;