Jeff, we've known each other a long time, right?
杰夫 我们已经认识很久了吧
You've come to respect me.
你一直很尊敬我
Sure. - Well, get ready to stop.
当然 -很快你就要失望了
Please help me seduce Britta now that you've finished doing it with her.
既然你已经搞过布雷塔了 就帮我勾引一下她呗
Please, please...
拜托 拜托嘛
Do you even really like Britta?
你真喜欢过布雷塔吗
It seems like you like her because she doesn't like you.
你现在喜欢她只不过因为她不喜欢你
Have you met the women that do like me, Jeff?
你见过会喜欢我的女性吗 杰夫
Neither have I, but trust me, they're bad people.
我也没见过 不过相信我 是她们不好
Fine.
好吧
To get near Britta, think like Britta.
要想接近布雷塔 就必须像她一样思考
Grab one of those free papers for hippies on the quad, go to the calendar page, and find a cause so tragic...
拿一份发给校园嬉皮士的免费报纸 翻开重大事件那页 然后去找最悲剧的...
are you writing this down?
你最好还是记下来
Okay, we have confirmation that all the bones have been removed from the football field.
好的 我们已经确认 橄榄球场上的所有骨头已经清理完毕
And we agree that teachers should get a 10- minute head start at the job fair .
而且我们都同意在求职招聘会上 应该先对教师进行十分钟提前培训
Any other items?
还有其他提议吗
It's Friday night.
今晚是周五
What's everybody doing?
大家准备做什么
Oh, there's a benefit show at the Forefront Theater in riverside for starving children with cleft palates.
在河滨「前沿」剧院有一场慈善演出 是为了食不果腹的孩子们举行的 他们还是腭裂儿童[兔唇]
I'm gonna crash the premiere of the Kickpuncher reboot dressed like classic Kickpuncher.
我要去「拳拳踢战警」重新开拍的首映式 而且会扮成原版主角造型
They shouldn't have redesigned that costume .
他们不应该重新设计主角服装
- respect — n.尊敬,尊重;方面;敬意; vt.尊敬,尊重;遵守;
- Grab — vt.攫取;霸占;将…深深吸引; vi.攫取;夺 取; n.攫取;霸占;夺取之物;
- calendar — n. 日历;历法;日程表;挂历; v. 把…记入日程表中;把…列入表中;为 (文件等)作分类索引;
- writing — n.书写;作品;著作;[法]笔迹; v.书写(write的ing形式);
- fair — adj.公平的; 美丽的,白皙的;[气象]晴朗的; adv.公平地;直接地;清楚地; vi.转晴; n.展览会;市集;美人;
- benefit — n. 利益,好处;救济金; vt.有益于,对…有益; vi.受益,得益;
- crash — n.撞碎;坠毁;破产;轰隆声;睡觉; vi.摔 碎;坠落;发出隆隆声;(金融企业等)破产; vt.打碎;使坠毁、撞坏;擅自闯入;
- classic — n. 名著;优秀的典范; adj. 最优秀的;第一流的;有代表性的;典型的;
Keep your heads in the sand if you want.
你们可以选择当鸵鸟 请随意
Professor Duncan, I didn't know that cause interested you.
邓肯教授 我没想到你也对这种事感兴趣
Well, it's starving children with cleft palates, Britta.
腭裂儿童很可怜的 布雷塔
What part would you have me be disinterested in?
我怎么可能不关注呢
Forefront theater?
前沿剧院吗
What time? I'm going.
什么时候 我要去
I'm going too. - Me too.
我也要去 -我也是
Kids with cleft palates should have extra food, not less.
患有腭裂的孩子们应该多吃 不应该挨饿
I'm in.
我也去
I have...dinner plans.
我跟人约了一起吃晚餐
Yeah, make sure it's a hearty meal.
是吗 那你好好享用吧
Help me out here.
求解围啊
Are you really the one that needs help here, Winger?
你确定你是最需要帮助的吗 翁格
Yeah, should we write a check to the Jeff foundation ?
我们要不要给「杰夫基金会」捐点款呢
Okay. Maybe I'll go too.
好吧 那我也去吧
Well, it's the least you can do.
对嘛 至少应该去一下
Yeah, feels good to help.
是啊 帮助别人的感觉很好
God bless you.
上帝与你同在
Cool, so 7:30?
那就七点半见吧
Did you get it? I don't think I got it.
你看懂了吗 我似乎没懂
Well, the ants were people.
那些蚂蚁代表人类
The queen ant was an oil company.
蚁后是石油公司
Okay, so it was about our marginalized perceptions as drones being born into a corporate hive-mind?
所以是因为蜜蜂生来有合作精神 导致我们出现了边缘化的观念吗
Yeah.
是吧
Mcdonald's? - Oh, I was just thinking about that.
去麦当劳不 -我刚想说这个呢
Hungry.
好饿
Hello?
喂
Okay, Alessandra, I can't talk right now.
艾丽珊德拉 我现在不方便说话
I just got out of a show.
刚从演出现场出来
); Okay, hold on.
等一等
- costume — n.服装,装束;戏装,剧装; vt.给…穿上服装;
- extra — adv.特别地,非常;另外; n.临时演员;号外; 额外的事物;上等产品; adj.额外的,另外收费的;特大的;
- foundation — n.基础;地基;基金会;根据;创立;
- being — n.存在;生命;本质;品格; adj.存在的;现有的;
- corporate — adj. 公司的;组成公司(或团体)的;法人 的;社团的;
- thinking — adj.思考的;思想的;有理性的;好思考的; n.思考;思想;想法;意见;见解; v.思考 (think的现在分词
Well?
怎么
Look, if you're gonna just yell at me, why...
如果你就是打算吼我 那为什么...
Why are you doing this?
你为什么要这样
This is not happening to you, okay?
这不光是你的事 好吗
It's happening to us!
这是我们共同的事
Well, you called me!
是你打给我的啊
Well, then let me be the one to do this!
好啊 那这件事由我来做
Uh, my mother used to tell a story about how she killed a chicken.
我妈妈经常跟我讲她杀掉一只鸡的故事
Hong kong, 1964.
1964年 在香港
So you like the theatre, Ian?
尹恩 你喜欢看戏吗
Oh, are you kidding?
这还用说吗
I spent half my days at university in wigs and tights.
我在大学里经常头戴假发 身穿紧身衣呢
You don't do that without befriending some actors.
不然也结交不了演员朋友
Oh, my God, Michael.
天哪 是米克尔
I know Michael from my anarchist days.
我做无政府主义者的时候认识的他
God, he's gonna smell the sellout on me.
他肯定会发觉我已经变了
Hey. How's it goin'?
你好 你们怎么样
Oh, my God. - Oh, my God.
我的天哪 -真不可思议
What's going on?
什么情况
I don't like this "My-kale" guy.
我不喜欢这位「米哥儿」
I don't think he likes himself, or he'd pronounce it "Michael."
他肯定也不喜欢自己 不然不会叫这种奇怪的名字
Isn't she great?
她是不是特别棒
She's everything I love about America.
她身上有着我喜爱的一切美国特征
Bold , opinionated, just past her peak , and starting to realize that she has to settle for less.
勇敢 自以为是 人生高峰刚结束 开始考虑是否该降低自己的要求
And the moment she needs a shoulder to cry on, Huh? The Duncan handkerchief.
当她需要一个肩膀来依靠的时候 怎么样 邓肯手帕为您服务
Well, I'm out.
好吧 我先走了
Have fun circling my former lover , waiting for her to cry.
你继续围着我的前任打转吧 看她什么时候会哭
I tried to make that sound good, but that's what you're doin'.
我本来想说好听点的 但这就是你的结局
- pronounce — v. 发音;读(音);正式宣布(或公布、授予等);
- Bold — adj.大胆的,英勇的;黑体的;厚颜无耻 的;险峻的;
- peak — n. 高峰;顶峰;山峰;尖端; v. 达到高峰;达到最高值; adj. 最高度的;高峰时期的;巅峰状 态的;
- settle — v. 定居;结算;停留;确定; n. 高背长椅(老式木家具,有扶手,座下多带柜);
- shoulder — n. 肩,肩膀;肩部; vt.肩负,承担; vi.用肩推挤,用肩顶;
- former — adj.从前的,前者的;前任的; n.模型, 样板;起形成作用的人;
- lover — n.爱人,恋人;爱好者; n.小三;第三者;
Uh, you're all heroes tonight for making a difference, but I want to introduce one of my heroes.
你们今晚的付出 代表你们都是英雄 我要向各位介绍我的一位英雄
Britta Perry.
布雷塔·派利
She is the bravest, most passionate activist I have ever had the honor of imitating.
她是我见过最勇敢 最热情的行动家 能够跟随她的步伐 我很荣幸
So, hey, buy her a drink.
所以 请她喝一杯吧
Anything you wanna add, Britta?
你有什么想说的吗 布雷塔
Oh. Wow, um, I'm not a hero.
天哪 谢谢 我不是英雄
I'm a high school dropout and a bartender, so don't listen to me.
我高中辍学 还当过酒保 别听我的
Or anyone.
也别听任何人的
Just listen to yourself, and make sure you tell yourself the truth.
聆听自己内心的声音 对自己一定要诚实
Well, it was... it was great seeing you, so...
今天见到你很高兴 不如你就先...
I might stay for one drink.
我留下来喝一杯吧
Why? - I like to drink.
为什么 -我喜欢喝酒
Oh, really? - Yeah.
是吗 -没错
I have a serious problem.
简直是嗜酒如命
That had better be true.
你最好别撒谎
Cool. Cool, cool, cool.
酷 酷酷酷
I am Kickpuncher.
我是拳拳踢战警
You are in violation of future law.
你违反了未来法律
Oh. Damn it, come on.
该死 到底行不行
What are you doing? - What?
你在干什么 -什么
What, what are you doing?
你在干嘛
Making a costume for a movie premiere.
为电影首映式制作戏服
Annie banned glue guns from the apartment After an incident so hilarious that even describing it Would narratively eclipse what's happening here.
安妮不许我在家里使用胶枪 因为曾发生过一件超级搞笑的事情 比现在正发生的这件事搞笑百倍
What's happening here? - You and me bonding.
有什么事正在发生 -你我萌生友情
Check it out.
而来的; 快看
- sound — vt.听(诊);测量,测…深;使发声;试探;宣告; n.声音,语音;噪音;海峡;吵闹;听力范围;[医]探条; adj.健全的,健康的;合理的;可靠的;有效彻底的; adv.彻底地,充分地; vi.听起来;发出声音;回响;测深;
- Damn — vt.谴责;罚…下地狱; vi.谴责; n.一点;诅咒; adj.可恶的; adv.非常; int.讨厌;
- glue — n. 胶;胶水; v. 粘贴;
- apartment — n.公寓;房间;
- incident — n.事件,事变;插曲; adj.[光]入射的;附带的;易发生的,伴随
Tell me the truth: If you were a post- apocalyptic survivor, I would raise goats, hoard cinnamon.
说实话 如果你是世界末日的幸存者 我会养羊囤积肉桂
And travel only at night.
只在夜间出行
But, please, I have some work to do here.
抱歉 我现在正忙着呢
Just one thing. Watch this.
就一件事 你看
Initiate ballistic foam.
泡泡飞弹 发射
What the hell ? - Sorry.
卧了个大槽 -对不起
You just destroyed five hours of work!
我五小时的心血都被你毁了
I'll clean it up. - No, you don't touch it!
我来清理 -不准碰
I know this is bad timing, But I should go if I'm gonna make the movie, so...
我知道这么说欠揍 但我要去忙电影的事了 所以...
What are you doing?
你要干嘛
Something nobody ever does.
做别人没做过的事
Teaching you consequences.
教你如何承担后果
But I have to go. - But you can't.
但我有事要走 -你走不了
Huh, isn't that crazy?
这很疯狂吧
You ever been grounded? You ever been punished?
你被禁足过吗 被惩罚过吗
Do you have any idea what it feels like to be refused something?
你知道被拒绝的感觉 是怎样的吗
I know what it feels like when people try to control me.
我知道被别人试图控制的那种感觉
You should know it never goes their way.
你要知道 这些人从没得逞过
And what "Kicky punch " movie is that from?
这句话出自哪部「拳拳踢战警」电影呢
The ones you've seen Or the one I'm gonna watch you miss?
是你看过的 还是你将要错过的
I said I was sorry.
我道过歉了
I'm sorry I punched my landlord , But I'm not gettin' my deposit back.
痛殴房东后 我也道过歉 但没人把保释金还给我啊
That's an example of you being punished For choosing to hurt someone.
这就是你存心欺负人 然后被惩罚的典型例子
I wrecked your papers by accident .
我不是存心弄坏你的画稿的
You chose to spray this crap on purpose Because you didn't care what happened.
你故意把这坨东西喷我桌上 因为你根本不计后果
- hell — n.地狱;究竟(作加强语气词);训斥;黑暗势力; vi.过放荡生活;飞驰; int.该死;见鬼(表示惊奇、烦 恼、厌恶、恼怒、失望等);
- punch — n. 冲床;重拳击打;用力的捶打;吸引力; v. 拳打;以拳痛击;给…打孔; (用打孔器等)打孔;
- landlord — n. 房东;地主;东家;土地主;
- deposit — n.存款;押金;订金;保证金;沉淀物; vt.使沉积;存放; vi.沉淀;
- accident — n.事故;意外;[法]意外事件;机遇;
You know, let me tell you something.
我告诉你
For five years, I have watched people walk around on your eggshells.
已经五年了 你身边的人 总是小心翼翼地对待你
'"Oh, Abed. He's so imaginative , so magical."
「阿布蒂很有想象力 很神奇」
'"Everybody hide their hamburgers!
「大家快把汉堡包藏起来」
'"If Abed sees a hamburger, we'll all travel in time."
「阿布蒂看到会以为我们在穿梭时空」
'"Let's eat cookies and ice cream and dress in pajamas in the middle of the day."
「咱们穿着睡衣吃曲奇和冰激凌吧 虽说现在是大白天」
I watched my third wife die!
我目睹了我第三任老婆的死
You think I'm spoiled?
你觉得我被宠坏了吗
And you think I'm spoiled because it's never occurred To anyone to do this?
你觉得大家都宠着我 就因为 没人会这样对待我吗
You're not the Marco Polo of bullying me.
你并不是勇于欺负我的斗士
You're just another tourist taking pictures of a great, big wall.
你是又一个当我是怪胎的冷漠路人甲
Oh, you're gonna make me cry.
我快被你蠢哭了
When's the last time someone physically limited you?
你上次被禁足是什么时候
Oh, just now.
就在刚才
You physically ruined my drawings.
你堂而皇之地毁了我的画
Drawings of what?
你画的是什么
You're an artist?
你是个艺术家
I destroyed something valuable?
我毁了价值连城的艺术品吗
Looked like you were doodling chickens.
看起来你只是在涂鸦小鸡
He is a duck!
他是鸭子
Hey!
喂
You're not allowed in there.
你不能进去
Well, I just did a one-man show For a little audience that would beg to disagree.
我刚完成了一部独角戏 观众们可欢迎我了
Audience? In there?
观众 那里面吗
We haven't had a single person or performance in that theater since the 1997 fire.
自从1997年的火灾 那个剧场就不再演出 也没有观众
24 people died.
表演; 当时死了24个人
- spray — n.喷雾;喷雾器;水沫; vt.喷射; vi.喷;
- imaginative — adj.虚构的;富于想象的;有创造力的;
- limited — adj.有限的; n.高级快车;
- audience — n.观众;听众;读者;接见;正式会见;拜会;
- single — adj.单一 的;单身的;单程的; n.一个;单打;单程票; vt.选出; vi.击出一垒安打;
- performance — n. 性能;表现;业绩;
So what have you guys been up to?
你们最近在忙什么呀
Well, this. Raising money.
募集善款啦
Organizing. Trying to make a difference.
组织活动啦 我们想改变世界
I'm impressed, and embarrassed.
我很感动 也很羞愧
I sold out.
我背离了自己的信念
We sold out. - You did not sell out.
我们才背离了信念 -你没有
I'm going to community college to start a career .
我去社区大学读书 以求找份工作
We're in real estate .
我们是做房地产的
We own the building we're standing in.
这栋楼是我们名下的
Wow. You guys did sell out! - I know!
你们背离得够可以的啊 -对吧
I should introduce myself to her friends.
我该向她的朋友们自我介绍
I knew it!
我就知道
You don't have a drinking problem!
你才不酗酒
You have feelings for Britta, you disgusting monster!
你对布雷塔还念念不忘 你个贱人
Fine. Yes.
好吧 我承认
Something about everybody liking her turns me on.
看到她那么受欢迎 令我蠢蠢欲动
It's a problem I have.
我是有这毛病
I hated Reese's Pieces before E.T. ate them, sorry.
我以前不爱吃瑞希糖豆 直到「ET」里外星人吃它 抱歉
You're a bad friend! - That's not fair!
你是个损友 -这话太没天理了
Wait, that's really not fair. You're a terrible friend.
你这么说真是丧尽天良 你才是损友
She was mine first.
我先追到她的
And it's not like she belongs to anybody.
而且她又不是某个人的专属
Oh, here we go.
好吧 又来了
'"Love isn't a game," Say the guys that always win.
「爱情不是儿戏」 出自某情场高手
And now, you're going to go pull a Dane Cook in one of those three movies he was in about Dane Cook getting laid by accident.
现在 你又打算学戴恩·库克 效仿他那三部电影里的样子 机缘巧合地泡到妞
Only it's not a Dane Cook movie, Jeff, Because this time, someone's watching: Me.
只可惜 这不是戴恩·库克的电影 杰夫 这次的主角是我
Your friend, British Jason Biggs.
你的好基友 英国版贾森·比格
- community — n.社区;[生态]群落;共同体;团体;
- career — n.生涯;职业;事业;速度,全速; adj.作为毕生职 业的; vi.全速前进,猛冲;
- estate — n.房地产;财产;身份;
- terrible — adj.可怕的;很糟的;令人讨厌的; adv. 很,非常;
- mine — n.矿,矿藏;矿山,矿井;地雷,水雷; vt.开采,采掘;在…布雷; vi.开矿,采矿;埋设地 雷; pron.我的;
If you never call me Dane Cook again, I'll stand down...
要是你不把我说成戴恩·库克 我就退出
for an hour.
一小时
Okay. An hour.
说定了 一小时
Are your duck drawings a secret?
你的鸭子漫画是个秘密吗
Is that why you do 'em when nobody's around?
所以你才在没人的时候画画
Not that it's any of your business, But I am a cartoonist in my spare time.
这些事和你无关 但我确实是个业余漫画家
My cartoon's about a duck. I was drawing him.
漫画的主角是只鸭子 我画的正是他
Does the duck have a name? Does he have powers?
这只鸭子有名字吗 有超能力吗
I'm not pitching to you.
我没向你推荐我的漫画
You're afraid I won't like it.
你担心我会给差评
Sure.
呵呵
I've been a cab driver, a soldier, a cop, But what terrifies me the most is the opinion of a manchild in cardboard pants .
我做过出租车司机 军人 条子 但我最害怕的是穿着纸糊装甲的小盆友的评价
Kickpuncher was a cop before he became a cyborg.
拳拳踢战警在变成半机械人前也是个条子
So you were a cop before you became...this.
你在变成这副样子之前也是个条子
And what were you before this?
那你在这之前是什么
Were you normal ?
你正常吗
Or do you act like this because somebody stuffed you in a locker?
还是说你现在这德性是因为 当初曾被人塞进了储物柜
Is that the idea?
是这么回事吗
Other way around.
事实正相反
What else do you want to know about me?
你还想知道我的什么事
What makes you stop talking.
做什么能让你闭嘴
Letting me go. - After you miss your movie.
放我走 -得等到你错过电影之后
Because you want me to suffer .
你想让我受苦
For destroying your duck cartoons?
是因为我毁了你的鸭子漫画
The ones you're ashamed of?
你为之感到羞耻的漫画
Uh, which one were you laughing at?
你在笑哪一段
No, no, no, no, no! Stop that!
不要不要 别鼓掌
You're ghosts!
你们是鬼魂
- spare — vt.节约,吝惜;饶恕;分出,分让; vi.饶恕,宽恕;节约; adj.多余的;瘦的;少量的; n.剩余;备用零 件;
- pants — n.裤子;
- normal — adj.正常的;正规的,标准的; n.正常;标准;常态;
- suffer — vt.遭受;忍受;经历; vi.遭受,忍受;受痛苦;经验;受损害;
- ashamed — adj.惭愧的,感到难为情的;耻于……的;
We're ghosts?
我们是鬼魂
The janitor out there told me you died in 1997.
外面的清洁工说你们1997年就死了
Janitor?
清洁工
Those guys in there told me that you're the one that died in a fire and you're a ghost !
里面的人告诉我 是你在大火中死掉了 你才是鬼魂
And you just believed 'em?
你就这么相信他们了
You just believed a bunch of ghosts?
你相信了一群鬼魂
Have you guys seen that billboard on Water Street for consensual perfume?
你们看到水街上那个 两厢情愿香水广告牌了吗
The one with the man chasing the woman through the grass and it says, "Proven in its field"?
那个男人在草地上追逐女人 广告词是「实战证明有效」那个
Yeah, proven in its field and in labs on the eyeballs of rabbits.
是的 实战证明有效 还在兔子的眼球上也被证明有效呢
We should make it say that! Who's got the spray paint?
我们应该把这句加上 谁有喷漆
No, guys, I'm serious!
伙计们 我是认真的
Doug and Janet, you're on lookout.
道格 珍妮特 你们把风
Michael works the ladder. I will banksy that mother!
米克尔把住梯子 我去把这句话涂上
Come on, guys, we gotta start taking risks again.
拜托 伙计们 我们得勇于冒险
Well, that's convenient for the one with nothing to lose.
你没什么可失去的 当然站着说话不腰疼
Oh, so the person with the least wealth has the least valid argument ?
怎么 最穷的人 最没有话语权咯
That's convenient.
还真富人得天下啊
Britta, how many people have you fed this year besides yourself?
布雷塔 这一年除了自己你还喂饱了多少人
Oh, Janet... - No, look.
珍妮特 -不 听着
I've spent enough time feeling bad.
我已经受够了内疚了
Fight the power!
对抗强权
Would you like to go... - Yeah.
你想去 -好啊
Yeah?
同意啦
- ghost — n.鬼,幽灵; vt.作祟于;替…捉刀;为人代笔; vi.替人代笔;
- bunch — n.群;串;突出物; vi.隆起;打褶; 形成一串; vt.使成一串;使打褶;
- wealth — n.财富;大量;富有;
- valid — adj.有效的;有根据的;合法的;正当的;
- argument — n.论证;论据;争吵;内容提要;
- besides — adv.此外;而且; prep.除…之外;
Oh, my God.
老天
These are really good.
画得挺好的
It helps me to see why you were so upset .
它帮我明白了你为什么那么沮丧
Did I ruin anything as good as what's in here?
我毁掉的漫画也跟这些一样精彩吗
Ah, just practic drawings.
只是些随手画的
I have to practice drawing the duck from different angles.
我得练习从不同角度画鸭子
It's hard when his back's turned 3/4 because of the beak.
他转体75度后不好画 因为他的喙
Well... I'm a real jerk for wrecking it.
我真的很混账 毁掉了那些画
Ah, you didn't do it on purpose.
你又不是故意的
That doesn't excuse my behavior .
那也不能抵消我的行为
No, I appreciate that.
你这么说我很感激
It's a good apology . You're a good kid.
很真挚的道歉 你是个好孩子
All right. Well...
好 那...
I can see from the clock that if I hit all the green lights...
我看表 只要我一路绿灯
I'm sorry, I can't let you go.
抱歉 我不能放你走
That'd undercut the larger lesson.
那就没法让你明白大道理了
Yes, the lesson being that you're very talented.
大道理是你很有才华
But I have this thing. I can't walk into a movie...
但问题是 我不能在开演了之后进...
You're not going to the movie.
你不能去看电影
Yes, I am.
我要去
You need this. - Let me go!
你需要上一课 -放我走
This is you learning .
这是教你懂事
You're a bad person and a bad cartoonist.
你是坏人 还是很渣的漫画画手
You go ahead. Hurt my feelings.
来啊 伤我感情啊
Oh! You have feelings, huh?
你还有感情呢
Have you considered putting them into your work?
有没有想过把感情融到作品里去
Your cartoons are monuments to joylessness, nervously assembled jokes based on nothing from your life or anyone's life!
你的作品简直就是无趣的代言词 紧张拼凑的笑话既不是根据你的生活而来 也和其他人的生活无关
You're furious at me for being creative because you want to be able to create .
习(learn的现在分词); 你生我气 是因为我有创作力 因为你想像我那样能创作
- upset — vt.使心烦;颠覆;扰乱; vi.翻倒; adj.心烦的;混乱的;弄翻的; n.混乱;翻倒;颠覆;
- ruin — n.废墟;毁坏; 灭亡; vt.毁灭;使破产; vi.破产;堕落;被毁灭;
- behavior — n.行为,举止;态度;反应;
- appreciate — vt.欣赏; 感激;领会;鉴别; vi.增值;涨价;
- apology — n.道歉;谢罪;辩护;勉强的替代物;
- learning — n.学习;学问; v.学
You have all this rage and shame and loneliness, which I don't even know how to feel much less understand, and you decide to put what on paper?
你满心的愤怒 羞耻 孤独 那些都是我不曾感受到 更别提理解的东西 结果呢 你把什么画到纸上了
A duck. Jim the duck. You think I'm crazy.
鸭子 吉姆鸭 你认为我是疯子
You think there's something wrong with me.
你认为我脑子出了问题
Jim the duck?
吉姆鸭
Publishers are interested!
出版商很感兴趣
Oh! Yeah, well, publishers are stupid.
是吗 出版商都是傻叉
Either that or you're misinterpreting what was probably a form letter.
不然就是你没有理解对 什么叫做通函
You shut up. - You shut up.
你闭嘴 -你闭嘴
Now you shut up. - You shut up.
你闭嘴 -你闭嘴Oh, are we yelling? Are we yelling right now? 开始大喊了 开始了吗
Self-centered... - Yelling! I'm yelling!
自私 -喊啊 喊啊
Yelling! I'm yelling, I'm yelling, I'm yelling!
喊啊 我在大喊
And you're not talented! You made me miss my movie!
你没有才华 害我错过了电影
You made me miss my movie.
你害我错过了电影
In the words of your hacky duck, "What the hell?"
用你那破鸭子的话说 不是吧
Do you like music?
你喜欢音乐吗
Everyone likes music.
人人都喜欢音乐
What are you, a fish?
难不成你是一条鱼咩
I have...ooh, I-I tell you what we could listen to.
我有...我知道我们该听什么了
Do you know Rimples and Splikket?
你知道林普&斯比凯特吗
They were the british Laurel and Hardy.
他们是英国的劳莱与哈代[著名喜剧二人组]
Most of their stuff is timeless, but you do need to know that the Prime Minister went to Oxford, not cambridge, as the sketch implies.
他们很经典的 但你要知道 首相上的是牛津 不是如段子里所说上的是剑桥
Are they speaking English?
他们在说英文吗
- creative — adj.创造性的;
- create — vt.创造,创作;造成;
- rage — n. 狂怒;暴怒;(某情况引起的)愤怒; v. 发怒; 怒斥;猛烈地继续;激烈进行;
- stuff — n.东西;材料;填充物;素材资料; vt.塞满;填塞;让吃饱; vi.吃得过多;
- Prime — adj.主要的;最好的;基本的; adv.极好地; n.初期;青年;精华;全盛时期; vt.使准备好;填装; vi.作准 备;
- Minister — n.部长;大臣;牧师; vi.执行牧师职务;辅助或伺候某人;
- sketch — n. 素描;草图;速写;概述; v. 概述;简述;画素描;画速写;
Okay. '80s German techno it is.
好 那就听上世纪80年代德国电子舞曲吧
Do you have any friends?
你有朋友吗
I'm sorry?
什么
I've been defining myself with reactions to and from other people my whole life.
我一直通过自己与别人的相互反应 来定义我自己
Now I feel worthless just because I'm worthless in relation to my friends, which means they're not my friends.
现在我觉得自己一无是处 因为我在交友方面一无是处 就是说他们根本不是我朋友
Who are your friends?
你的朋友都有谁
Well, there's my neighbor, Pat.
我邻居 帕特
I try to stay on his good side. I owe him money.
我只说他的优点 我欠他钱
Uh, Jeff. I'd call you a friend.
还有杰夫 你也是我朋友
Well, in fact, I'd call you a...
其实 你也算是我...
Oh, that's right. You and Jeff have actually known each other longer than anybody, huh?
对啊 你跟杰夫认识的年头 比谁都长 对吧
I always forget that.
我老是忘记这点
I guess 'cause you guys don't really act like friends.
可能是因为你们表现得不像朋友
Yeah, I guess not so much.
对 差不多吧
Where are we going?
我们要去哪
Well, I think you should go home.
我觉得你应该回家
Because you're having an existential crisis , and the best lesson you could take away from it is that you are someone, even when you're by yourself.
因为你现在质疑自我存在 你能从中得到的最好的教训就是 你有非凡之处 即便是你一个人的时候
I think you're right. Thank you.
你说得对 谢谢
And please don't take offense at this, but thank you for not hitting on me.
我下面说的话请不要见怪 谢谢你没有勾搭我
I was just vulnerable enough to do something really stupid.
我刚才那么脆弱 什么傻事都做得出来
What's wrong? - Nothing. Nothing.
点的; 怎么了 -没事 没事
- worthless — adj.无价值的;不值钱的;卑微的;
- means — n.手段;方法;财产; v.意思是;打算(mean的第三人 称单数)[复数means];
- crisis — n.危机;危险期;决定性时刻; adj.危机的;用于处理危机的;
- offense — n.犯 罪,过错;进攻;触怒;引起反感的事物;
- vulnerable — adj.易受攻击的,易受…的攻击;易受伤害的;有弱
It's nothing.
啥事没有
It's the... the stupid steering wheel is on the wrong side of the car.
就是这该死的方向盘 又跑偏了
What are you doing here? - I want to show you something.
你来干嘛 -给你看点东西
What's this?
这是什么It's a script I wrote about a cop on the edge . 我写的剧本 讲的是一个游走在边缘的警察
Troy thought it was hilarious.
特洛伊觉得太搞笑了
I didn't have the heart to tell him it wasn't a comedy .
我不忍心告诉他这不是喜剧
Why are you giving this to me?
你给我干嘛
I know all the tricks and tropes of filmmaking, but what I'm missing is what I think the critics call " substance ,"
制作电影的各项技术我都懂 但我没有的是 那些影评家所谓的「故事情节」
which is you more than me.
这点恰好你有
You want to be film partners?
你想跟我合拍电影
'"It's time for justice . Police Justice."
该正义上场了 警界正义
Wait, the character's name is "Police Justice"?
等等 「警界正义」是人物名
Yeah, I think I may be able to help.
好吧 我应该能帮上忙
I'm sorry for the stuff I said.
我为之前说的话道歉
Me too.
我也是
Sit down.
坐吧
You drink scotch?
喝苏格兰威士忌吗
No. - You're gonna.
不喝 -你会喝的
Hey, handsome. This stool taken?
帅哥 这边有人吗
Struck out, huh?
三振出局了吗
If that makes you feel better.
如果这样能让你好受点的话
Or maybe I just realized that I was spending the whole night getting to third base with the wrong person.
又或许我刚刚意识到这一整晚 我心心念念想上的三垒其实搞错对象了
You're a good friend, and I don't say that often enough.
你是个好朋友 这话我不经常说
That's really nice.
太贴心了
But you can't have sex with me.
但你不能跟我滚床单
- script — n. 剧本;电影剧本;笔迹;广播(或讲话等)稿; v. 为电影(或戏剧等)写剧本;
- edge — n.边缘;优势;刀 刃;锋利; vt.使锐利;将…开刃;给…加上边; vi.缓缓移动;侧着移动;
- comedy — n.喜剧;喜剧性;有趣的事情;
- missing — adj.失踪的;缺少的; v.错过(miss的ing形式);想念;漏掉;
- substance — n. 物质;实质;主旨;物品;
- justice — n.司法,法律制裁;正义;法官,审判员;
How about we have these drinks and then not have sex, with anyone, together?
不如我们喝掉这些酒 然后不跟任何人滚床单都不许滚
Sounds good.
可以
Cheers.
干杯
So a 9-millimeter's actually better than a 10- millimeter?
所以9毫米的真的比10毫米的好吗
Millimeter don't make no difference.
毫米不重要
Bullets just kinda kill you.
是子弹就能干掉你
'"Bullets just kinda kill you."
是子弹就能干掉你
Are you quoting something?
这是你引用的吗
Can I use that? - Yeah.
我能用吗 -可以
You left your handkerchief at my place last night.
你昨晚把手帕丢在我家了
We had a boys' night.
我们享受了一个纯爷们之夜
A bottle of booze, an argument about sports cars.
喝了瓶酒 讨论了下跑车
And I cut my hand trying to prove that I can whittle.
为了证明我会削木头还把手给割伤了
Me too.
我也是
Oh, hey. How was your night?
早啊 昨晚过得怎么样
Great. I had a monumental evening...
很好 过了纪念性的一晚
by myself.
就我自个儿
Almost feel left out.
差不多感觉被冷落了
Well, we've had our share of focus lately.
我们分享了自己最近的兴趣爱好
Mm-hmm. Speak for yourself.
随便你怎么说吧
I'm fine. I just, um...
我很好 就是...
Do you guys believe in ghosts?
你们相信有鬼吗
And if you do, do you believe what those ghosts tell you about other ghosts?
如果相信的话 那你们相信 一群鬼跟你说的另一群鬼的故事吗
Chang, you cannot be on the committee if you're going to be actively insane.
昌 如果你再这么发神经 就不能参加委员会了
I'm not insane. I swear . I just, um...
我没神经 我发誓 我只是...
had a weird experience at the theater last night.
昨晚在剧院经历了很诡异的事情
You were there? - Yeah, you were there?
你在那 -你在吗
What do you mean? Of course I was.
什么意思 我当然在
Huh, I guess we just didn't see you.
可能我们没看到你
- prove — vt.证明;检验;显示; vi.证明是;
- share — vt.分享,分担;分配; vi.共享;分担; n.份额;股份;
- focus — n. 焦点;中心;清晰;焦距; vt.使集中;使聚焦; vi.集中;聚焦;调节焦距;
- committee — n. 委员会;
- swear — vt.发 誓;咒骂; vi.发誓,宣誓;诅咒; n.宣誓;诅咒;
- course — n.科目;课程;过程;进程;道路;路线,航向;一道菜; vt.追赶;跑过; vi.指引航线;快跑;
Well, the ants were people.
那些蚂蚁代表人类
The queen ant was an oil company.
蚁后是石油公司
What if I don't exist?
要是我根本不存在该怎么办
Oh, I got this.
我太理解你了
I had a very similar night last night.
我昨晚的经历跟你极其相似
Go home, light some candles, and take a bath.
回家点几根蜡烛 洗个澡
Okay, coolsies.
好吧
Hey! I was thinking off-campus lunch.
我打算出去吃午饭
What's that tex-mex place you mentioned?
你之前说那家兼具德州与墨西哥风情的店在哪
Salsa von taco's? Read my mind!
萨沙玉米卷吗 看我表情
No, no. - Oh, no, no, no, no.
别 -别别别
No, no, no, no, no.
别别别别介啊
Nah. - Oh, okay. Yeah.
算了吧 -好 行吧
No, wha...let's...
不 啥 咱还是...
No. - No, no, no.
不 -别别别
Well...o-okay.
好吧
You...you just...
你还是
Ah. Oh, okay.
好吧好吧
I... - Wha...
我 -啥
I-I just don't like being left behind!
我不喜欢被人丢下
My father got drunk in pubs and left me in my room with nothing!
我爸在酒吧买醉 把我一个人丢在家里 啥都没有
So did mine! - Oh, why would he do that?
我爸也是 -他为什么要这样
Why do they do that?
他们为什么要这样
Why?
为什么
Why do they do that?
他们为什么要这样
I-I won't go to that tex-mex place.
我不会去那家德墨风情餐厅的
Oh, that's all I wanted you to say.
就等着你这句话呢
- similar — adj.相似的; n.类似物;
- drunk — v.喝酒(drink的过去分词); adj.喝醉了的;