My name is Kevin, or so they tell me.
我叫凯文 反正他们是这么跟我说的
Actually, they told me my birth name is Benjamin Chang, but I can't remember anything before six months ago.
其实 他们告诉我 我的原名是本杰明·昌 但我对六个月之前的人生毫无记忆
But by using a special, shiny glass called a mirror , although I have no way of knowing.
通过一片特殊闪亮的玻璃 其名为镜子 虽然这点我已无从得知了
Changnesia is a fascinating and extremely rare disease on the forefront of the psychological landscape .
对于心理风景疗法的最前线来说 昌癔症是种神奇而及其罕见的疾病
Compared with your garden variety amnesia, Changnesia is immeasurably more complex .
与普通失忆症相比 昌癔症要复杂得多
Its varied and seemingly random symptoms, Its resistance to both traditional and new age medicine.
该病有着诸多各种看似不靠谱的症状 对传统药物和新型药物都有抗性
Why Changnesia affects the memory but not the ability to make forced puns...
为何 昌癔症 会影响记忆 却依然能造出如此生硬的双关语
These are all things we can study now that someone finally has it.
我们可以对以上所有问题进行研究 因为终于有人患上了该病
I first met Chang when I hired him as a Spanish teacher at Greendale.
我第一次遇见昌 是聘请他 来格林德尔当西语老师
Then he became a disgraced student, psychopathic music major , homeless vent dweller, Security guard, keytarist, power hungry warlord, and now, Kevin.
之后他又变成了坏学生 主修精神病音乐 无家可归的通风管住户 保安 键盘吉他手 追求权力的军阀 而现在 又成了凯文
- mirror — n.镜子;真实的写照;榜样; vt.反射;反映;
- fascinating — adj.迷人的;吸引人的;使人神魂颠倒的; v. 使…着迷;使…陶醉(fascinate的ing形式);
- rare — adj.稀有的;稀薄的;半熟的; adj.杰出的;极度的;非常好 的; adv.非常;极其; vi.用后腿站起;渴望;
- disease — n.病,[医]疾病;弊病; vt.传染;使…有病;
- psychological — adj.心理的;心理学的;精神上的;
- landscape — n. 景色;乡村风景画;乡村风景画的风格; (文件的)横向打印格式; v. 对…做景观美化;给…做园林美化;美化…的环境;
- variety — n.多样;种类;杂耍; 变化,多样化;
- complex — adj.复杂的;合成的; n.复合体;综合设施;
- seemingly — adv.看来似乎;表面上 看来;
- random — adj.[数]随机的;任意的;胡乱的; n.随意; adv.胡乱地;
- resistance — n. 电阻;抵抗;阻力;抗 力;
- ability — n.能力,能耐;才能;
- finally — adv.最后;终于;决定性地;
It's sad to see him like this.
他现在这样真可怜
Well, it's mixed.
一言难尽啦
He was pretty terrible before.
他以前可是很恐怖的哦
I'm developing a theory which some find controversial .
我正在研究一套颇有争议的理论
Perhaps Chang actually used to be Kevin, went crazy, and became Chang.
也许昌以前就是凯文 发疯了 变成了昌
And then, at some point, Chang hit his head, went un-crazy, Thereby reverting back to regular old Kevin again.
之后又在某个时刻 昌的脑袋被撞 从此不发疯了 这样他就又变回之前正常的凯文了
That makes no sense.
根本就是胡扯
Science tells us hitting his head would only cure him if hitting his head was the original cause.
科学告诉我们 只有在最初是因为撞头发疯 他才会因为撞头而被治愈
Told you it was controversial.
我早说过 这理论颇有争议
Here at Greendale, we accept all students, whoever they may be or have forgotten they were.
在格林德尔 我们接受各式学生 不管他们是谁或者忘了自己是谁
But assisting in Kevin's recovery has put a financial strain on the school.
但对于凯文康复治疗的援助 已经让学校的财政捉襟见肘
That's why we are appealing to the Macguffin Neurological Institute for this $40,000 grant , so we can continue to fight this terrible disease and hopefully, one day, pay for this documentary.
所以我们希望 麦高芬神经医学研究所 能给予四万美元的拨款 好让我们继续与这可怕的疾病抗争 并有望以后还清拍摄本纪录片的经费
- major — adj.主要的;重要的;主修的;较多的; n.[人类]成年人;主修科目;陆军少校; vi.主修;
- Security — n.安 全;保证;证券;抵押品; adj.安全的;保安的;保密的;
- pretty — adj.漂亮的;可爱的;优美的; adv.相当地;颇; n.漂亮的人;
- terrible — adj.可怕的;很糟的;令人讨厌的; adv.很,非常;
- theory — n.理论;原理;学说;推测;
- controversial — adj.有争议的;有争论的;
- Thereby — adv.从而,因此;在那附近;在那方面;
- original — n. 原件;原作;原物;原型; adj.原始的;最初的;独创的;新颖的;
- whoever — pron.无论谁;任何人; n.《爱谁 谁》(电影名);
- recovery — n.恢复,复原;痊愈;重获;
- financial — adj.金融的;财政的,财务的;
- strain — n. 压力;品系;应力;张力; v. 扭伤;拉紧;滤;损伤;
How was that, Abed? That's too beggy?
怎么样 阿布蒂 会不会太低声下气了
No, that was great.
不会 那样挺好
But I could use a new camera, with a smoother zoom.
但我可以换台新摄像机 它的变焦镜头更加平滑
Oh, okay.
行Well, just be sure to get my good side, okay? 一定要拍出我美好的一面
This documentary needs to be convincing.
这部纪录片要让人信服
This needs to be the hoop dreams of things people care about.
要成为人们在乎的那些梦想
We rolling?
开机了吗
The dean wants a propaganda film, but I intend to explore all sides of this serious issue , including those who don't think it's a serious issue.
院长希望拍成一部宣传片 但我想对此严重事态进行全方位调查 包括那些不把这当回事的人
Hey, Jeff.
你好 杰夫
What are you doing?
你在干嘛
Making a documentary on Changnesia.
拍摄关于昌癔症的纪录片
You gotta be kidding me.
搞毛啊
Got it. Beautiful.
很好 漂亮
All right, let's get one more for safety.
保险起见 我们再拍一组
Jeff, back to one.
杰夫 回第一个站位
Jeff?
杰夫
■ I'm telling you what she just found for the name brand glitter.
我来向你们展示一下 名牌闪光笔的意义所在
Look, cheap glitter, expensive glitter.
瞧 廉价闪光笔 昂贵闪光笔
Money talks, people.
这就是金钱的力量
Guys, did you hear?
你们听说了吗
The history of ice cream class had another heart attack .
《冰激凌史》课又有人得了心脏病
Three more, and we're all in.
再来三个 我们就能上这门课了
- Institute — vt.开始(调查);制定;创立;提起(诉讼); n.学会,协会;学院;
- grant — vt.授予;允许;承认; vi.同意; n.拨款;[法]授予物;
- intend — vt.打算;想要;意指; vi.有打算;
- explore — vt.探索;探测;探险; vi.探索;探测;探 险;
- issue — n.问题;流出;期号;发行物; vt.发行,发布;发给;放出,排出; vi.发行;流出;造成…结果;传下;
- brand — vt.铭刻于,铭记;打烙印于;印…商标于; n.商标,牌子;烙印;
- expensive — adj.昂贵的;花钱的;
- attack — n.攻击;抨击;疾病发作; vt.攻击;抨击;动手干; vi.攻击;腐蚀
Yes.
很好
What's the Macguffin Institute?
麦高芬医学研究所是啥
Fine. I'll tell him.
好吧 我来告诉他
But one day, you'll all be old and slow and lose at things, And when that day comes, I won't remember what I'm doing now.
但总有一天 你们都会变得又老又迟缓 变得屡战屡败 等到了那天 我也记不得这会儿发生的事情了
The Macguffin Institute is coming to Greendale on Friday because they might give the school money to study Changnesia.
麦高芬医学研究所周五要来格林德尔 因为他们可能会给学校一笔资金 以研究 昌癔症
Changnesia isn't a disease. It's a con.
昌癔症 才不是什么病 这是个圈套
You're seriously helping this lunatic?
你们真打算帮这疯子吗
He kept the dean in a dungeon.
他把院长关在地牢
He tried to kill us.
试图干掉我们
He ate his twin in utero.
他在娘胎里就吃掉了胞弟
That was Chang. This is Kevin.
那是昌干的 现在他是凯文
They're the same, idiot.
他们都是一个人 傻瓜
How would you know?
你怎么知道
Have you ever even spent any time with him, Jeff?
你有和他一起待过吗 杰夫
I was reluctant to accept Kevin at first, too, but he's just so sweet.
我一开始也很难接受凯文 但他真的是太可爱了
The world is brand new to him.
这个世界对他来说是如此新鲜
He approaches everything with the wonderment of a small child or a cartoon alien.
他对每件事物都会发出惊叹 就像小孩或者卡通片里的外星人那样
This makes things smaller.
这玩意儿把东西都变小了
No, no... bigger.
不 不 是变大了
Oh, bigger.
对 变大了
Well, enjoy your collective delusion.
那你们就继续沉浸在这场骗局中吧
I'm going to go get a sandwich , which, unlike Changnesia, is real.
我去买份三明治 和 昌癔症 不同 这是真实存在的
Jeff, Jeff, Jeff, Jeff, Jeff, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait.
杰夫 杰夫 等等等等
We want to know how you feel about the Macguffin people visiting.
我们想知道你对于 麦高芬来本校考察的看法
I need it on camera.
我得拍下来
- reluctant — adj.不情愿的;勉强的;顽抗的;
- cartoon — n. 漫画;底图;连环画;[电影]动画; v. (为…)画底样; (使)漫画化;(把…)画成漫画[动画];
- collective — adj.集体的;共同的;集合的;集体主义的; n.集团;集合体; 集合名词;
- sandwich — vt.夹入;挤进;把...做成三明治; n.三明治;夹心面包;
- unlike — adj.不同的,不相似 的; prep.和…不同,不像;
It's stupid. - What's stupid?
太二了 -什么太二了
The whole thing.
这一切
Okay, put it together for me.
完整说一遍给我听
'"The whole thing is stupid." All right, thanks, buddy.
这一切都太二了 多谢了 伙计
I'll cut it together.
我会剪到一起的
Shirley. - Hmm?
雪莉 -嗯
You don't seriously think Chang is Kevin, do you?
你不会真以为昌成了凯文吧
No, I believe the good lord made chang chang.
不 我相信圣主让昌洗心革 昌
Kevin is a choice.
凯文就是一个选择
Thank you.
谢谢
I'm seriously worried about the rest of the group.
我真的很担心小组其他人
Not only have they drunk the Kevin kool- aid, they're in the study room right now, making banners, debating glitter...
他们不仅被他和善的伪装所欺骗 而且现在还在自习室 做横幅 争论闪光笔什么的
Well, I'd love to keep talking about this, but I gotta get to work.
我很愿意一直谈论这个话题 但我得去工作了
No, Shirley, you've got to help me stop this.
不 雪莉 你得帮我阻止这一切
You're the only sane person left.
只有你还没疯
Welcome to Shirley's sandwiches, where the food is Kevin-ly.
欢迎来到雪莉三明治店 这里的食物特别 凯 口美 文
You hired Chang?
你雇了昌
The customers love Kevin.
客人们都爱凯文
I think it's because he's a good listener.
我想是因为他是个很好的倾听者
Most words are new to him, so it's all still fascinating.
大部分词语对他来说都很新鲜 所以显得特别讨人喜欢
I'm Kevin. And you are?
我叫凯文 请问你是
Not calling you Kevin.
打死不叫你凯文
Hi, not calling you Kevin.
你好 打死不叫你凯文
What are you having?
你要点什么
None of this.
什么都不要
Okay. Uh, listen.
行了 听着
I don't care what he calls himself, He's a hard worker.
我不在乎他叫什么名字 他工作很努力
We're all broken people, Jeffrey.
人无完人 杰夫瑞
We all deserve a second chance.
我们都该拥有一次改过的机会
Like how I gave Andre a second chance.
就像我给了安德烈第二次机会那样
It doesn't mean I forgot. I just forgave.
我不是忘了 我只是原谅他了
- lord — n.主;上帝; int.主,天啊; vt.使成贵族; vi.作威作福,称王称霸;
- drunk — v.喝酒(drink的过去分词); adj.喝醉了的;
- deserve — vi.应受,应得; vt.应受,应得;
Chang didn't sleep with a stripper.
昌可不是和脱衣舞娘上床而已
He tried to kill us.
他是想杀了我们
Why does everyone keep forgetting about that?
怎么就没人记得这茬了
But he didn't.
但他最后没杀
And you used to be a sleazy lawyer.
你不也曾是个冒牌律师吗
What if Greendale never gave you a second chance?
格林德尔没有给你第二次机会的话会怎样
What Shirley said really made me think.
雪瑞的话确实发人深省
I mean, all my friends believe this guy.
我所有的朋友都相信这家伙
What does it say about me that I don't?
要是我不信的话说明了什么
Yes?
请进
Ugh, and cue wet blanket Winger to tell us that we're all wasting our time.
原来是扫兴王翁格 一定是来告诉我我们是在浪费时间
Actually, no.
你猜错了
I had a really good conversation with Shirley, and I realized I've been acting like a jerk.
我和雪瑞进行了一次很有意义的谈话 我觉得之前自己的行为太混蛋了
If it's not too late, I'd love to help out in any way I can.
如果不晚的话 有什么能帮得上的话我很乐意帮忙
Jeffrey, that's amazing.
杰夫瑞 太让人惊讶了
I knew you'd come around.
我就知道你会想通的
All right, Abed, get us in panning singles.
好 阿布蒂 给我俩来个追镜镜头
And can you say "Powwow" Instead of "Conversation"?
你能不能把 谈话 一词改成 仪式
It just sounds more you. All right, action .
那样才像你会说的话嘛 好了 开拍
Okay, you going to make an entrance?
好吧 你要从门口进来吗
Great.
很好
What does it say?
这说明了什么
It says I have gullible friends who will believe anybody, and I need to make that anybody me.
说明我的朋友们都太好骗了 无论是谁都相信我要让自己成为那个 谁
By exposing Chang in front of the whole school.
我要在全校面前揭穿昌的诡计
Much like the classic documentary capturing the Friedman's, My story just took a completely unexpected turn.
很像弗德里曼[美国经济学家]经典纪录片呢 只不过我的片子有个出人意料的转折
Jeff, if you want this done right, I'm going to need a steadicam for Garrett.
杰夫 如果你希望一切顺利 我得给加勒特去搞个稳定架
- mean — adj.平均的;卑鄙的;低劣的;吝啬的; vt.意味;想要;意欲; n.平均值; vi.用意;
- blanket — n. 毯子;毛 毯;厚层;厚的覆盖层; adj. 包括所有情形(或人员)的;总括的;综合的; v. 以厚层覆盖;
- Instead — adv.代 替;反而;
- action — n.行动;活动;功能;战斗;情节;
- classic — n. 名著;优秀的典范; adj. 最优秀的;第一流的;有 代表性的;典型的;
- unexpected — adj.意外的,想不到的;
That's showbiz.
演艺圈的心酸
We were all pretty happy when Jeff came around.
杰夫的加入让我们很开心
He became really gung-ho about Abed's documentary, and had a lot of great ideas About how to impress the Macguffin people.
他对阿布蒂的纪录片变得超有热情 满脑子都是怎么打动 麦高芬医学研究所的金点子
And that's why Pierce should host the reception .
所以应该由皮尔斯来主持欢迎会
He speaks their language.
他们有共同语言
Finally, somebody's making some sense.
总算有人说出像样的话了
I've got a blackface Senor Wences bit I've been workshopping.
我有一个黑人版文西斯先生[腹语玩偶] 我上过玩偶表演班
Perfect.
很好
Annie, we need to find out what happened to Kevin before he showed up at Greendale.
安妮 我们要搞清楚 凯文来格林德尔之前遭遇了什么
What hellish experiences did he overcome during those missing months?
在这几个月里他到底 有什么可怕的经历
Do you think you can use your forensic knowhow to do some investigating?
你觉得你的法鉴知识能搞定 这调查吗
Investigating?
要调查吗
Obvi.
小菜一碟
Can I help?
我能帮忙吗
If you're willing to learn, sure, partner .
要是你想学艺的话 来吧 搭档
'"Partner".
大当 [当成名字了]
I like that.
我喜欢
I'm going to call you "Houlihan."
我要叫你 花丽安
'"Partner"and "Houlihan".
大当 和 花丽安
Okay.
好了
The postman found Kevin here.
邮递员在这儿发现了凯文
He said he was soaking wet and smelled like fish.
他说他当时浑身湿透 还一股鱼腥气
I know it's not a lot to go on...
我知道线索不太多
Um, it's almost too much to go on.
其实信息量已经很大了
Look, Sullivan's trout farm is just 1/4 mile away.
苏利文的鳟鱼塘离这儿不到四百米
Who do you think you're dealing with, Winger?
搞清楚咱是干什么的 翁格
- impress — vt.盖印;强征;传送;给予某人深刻印象; vi.给人印象; n.印象,印记;特征,痕迹;
- Pierce — v. 穿 透;扎;刺破;穿过; n. 皮尔斯;
- reception — n. 接待;招待会;欢迎;欢迎会;
- overcome — vt.克服;胜过; vi.克 服;得胜;
- missing — adj.失踪的;缺少的; v.错过(miss的ing形式);想念;漏掉;
- partner — n.伙伴;合伙人;配 偶; vi.合伙;合股;成为搭档; vt.使合作;与…合伙;
I don't know, Houlihan. Seems sort of thin.
不知道 花丽安 线索有点少
In an investigation, one dude always has to go opposite the other dude.
在调查过程中 一个人必须要和另一个唱反调
That's how they get things done.
才能把事情搞定
Well, you guys can work it out.
好吧 你们俩能搞定的
Yeah, we will.
当然 我们会的
No, we won't.
才怪 我们不行
Britta, Shirley... - Oh, that's me.
布雷塔 雪瑞 -叫到我了
I want you to take this camera And follow Chang around for his day-to-day.
你们拿着这台摄像机 跟踪拍摄昌日常的一举一动
Really get into the life of a functioning Changnesiac.
深入 昌癔症 患者的生活I want you to go inside his home, work, pod. 走进他的住所 工作地 储物柜
Just get everything.
关于他的一切
Ooh, that's great advertising for my growing business.
那对我蒸蒸日上的事业可是绝佳的广告啊
Okay, I'll do it. And with my photography skills...
好吧 我来拍 有我高超的摄影技巧
Jeff, thank you.
杰夫 谢谢你
When the dean told me you were going to help me, I couldn't believe it.
院长告诉我你要来帮我的时候 我简直不敢相信
A cool, smart lawyer like yourself reaching out to a little nobody like me?
你这样冷酷又聪明的律师 居然会对我这无名小卒伸出援手
I never told you I was a lawyer.
我从没告诉过你我曾经是律师
No, you didn't.
你是没说
Shirley said it, remember?
是雪瑞说的 记得吗
You said, "You hired Chang?"
你说 你居然雇了昌
And I said, "I'm Kevin, and you are?"
我说 我是凯文 请问你是
And you said, "Not calling you Kevin,"
你说 打死不叫你凯文
And I said, "Hi, not calling you Kevin.
我说 你好 打死不叫你凯文
What are you having?"
你要点什么
And you said, "None of this."
你说 什么都不要
And then Shirley said, "I don't care what he calls himself.
然后雪瑞说 我不在乎他叫什么名字
He's a hard worker.
他工作很努力
We're all broken people, and we all deserve a second chance.
人无完人 我们都该拥有一次改过的机会
Like how I gave Andre a second chance.
就像我给了安德烈第二次机会那样
Doesn't mean I forgot. I just forgave."
我不是忘了 我只是原谅他了
And you said, "Chang didn't sleep with a stripper.
你说 昌可不是和脱衣舞娘上床而已
He tried to kill us.
他是想杀了我们Why does everyone keep forgetting all that?" 怎么就没人记得这茬了
And then Shirley said, "But he didn't.
然后雪瑞说 但他最后没杀
And you used to be a sleazy lawyer."
你不也曾是个冒牌律师吗
Her words.
她的原话
That's quite a memory you have.
你的记忆力可真不赖
Well, my short term memory has actually improved.
我的短期记忆变好了
My doctor calls it a, um...
医生说这是一种...
side effect.
副作用
Well played, Chang.
这招高啊 昌
The chess match has begun.
对决正式开始
What...
啥
I'm Chinese?
我居然是中国人
Do you want to get some footage while we're waiting for Kevin?
趁这会咱们都在等凯文 要不要拍点片段
Maybe we could take some shots of my delicious bread baking, or the affordable prices on our new Shirley's sandwiches super saver menu .
也许可以拍一下 我家烘焙的美味面包 或者是雪瑞三明治新推出的 超实惠菜单上的超实惠价格
Or we could get to know the Shirley behind the sandwiches.
我们也可以了解一下 做三明治的老板雪瑞
- delicious — adj.美味的;可口的;
- menu — n. 菜单;(功能选择)菜单;选单;
Here, give me that camera.
来 把摄像机给我
Oh. Okay.
好吧
Be careful, now. It's Abed's camera.
小心点儿 这可是阿布蒂的摄像机
All right. - Watch it.
知道了 -小心啊
Oh, where is the stop button on this?
停止拍摄按钮在哪
Oh, here it is. - Okay.
在这呢 -好了
You want to hear my pitch ?
要听听我的构思吗
A strong, independent woman, starting her own business.
一位坚强而独立的女性 开创了自己的一番事业
An "Entrepreneu-her", if you will.
一位 女企业家 你觉得如何
Or maybe a businesswoman?
能叫女商人吗
Okay, fine. Think inside the box.
好啊 没问题 真传统
All right. Are you ready?
准备好了吗
Action.
开拍
Cut. Oh! Beautiful.
卡 太棒了
You don't think the song was too much?
你不觉得这首歌太过吗
Are you kidding me? It made the scene.
开什么玩笑 就靠这歌出戏呢
You know what?
知道吗
I want to get some better lighting up in this noise.
我想搞点更好的灯光来配合气氛
Let's go hit up Abed.
我们去找阿布蒂吧
I never told anybody that story, Britta.
我没跟别人说过这事 布雷塔
Oh, it was beautiful.
美极了
I was dead for three minutes.
我死了三分钟
Three minutes?
三分钟
Three whole minutes. They thought I was gone.
整整三分钟 他们都以为我死了
Pierce.
皮尔斯
How's your act coming?
准备得怎么样了
Blackface Senor Wences?
黑人文西斯先生吗
How do you think it's coming?
你觉得准备得怎么样
In the unlikely event I fail to expose Chang, I'm pretty confident Pierce will make sure we don't get a grant.
即便发生了 我没能揭穿昌 这种不可能事件 我确信皮尔斯绝对能让我们拿不到拨款
What you talkin' about, honkey?
你在讲什么 白鬼
Wow, that bit could not get any more perfect.
这表演不能更完美了
- button — n.按钮;纽扣; vt.扣住;扣紧;在…上装纽扣; vi.扣住;装有纽扣;扣上纽扣;
- pitch — n. 沥青;球场;柏 油;(体育比赛的)场地; v. 投;推销;抛;颠簸;
- independent — adj. 独立的;自主的;自治的;不相干的人所做 的(或提供的); n. 无党派议员(或候选人等);
- event — n.事件,大事;项目;结果;
- fail — vi.失败,不及格;破 产;缺乏;衰退; vt.不及格;使失望;忘记;舍弃; n.不及格;
- expose — vt.揭露,揭发;使曝光;显示;
- confident — adj.自信的;确信的;
Wait a minute.
等一等
I haven't introduced you to my Asian wife yet.
我还没给你介绍我的亚裔妻子呢
I was wrong.
我太天真了
This is the place. - No, it's not.
就是这 -才不是
Garrett, here he comes. Get up.
加瑞 他来了 站起来
I can't. It's too heavy!
起不来 太沉了
Garrett, now. Now.
加瑞 赶紧的
Excuse me, Mr. Sullivan.
打扰一下 苏利文先生
This is Houlihan. I'm her partner, Partner.
这位是花丽安 我是她搭档 大当
Wait, I'm Partner. - No, you're not.
不对 我是大当 -你才不是
We'd like to ask you a couple of questions.
我们想问几个问题
What are you, the trout police?
你们是谁 鳟鱼警察吗
Because if you are, you're legally bound to tell me, or else it's entrapment.
如果是的话 你们有义务告诉我 否则这就是诱捕
We're not the trout police.
我们不是鳟鱼警察
Have you seen this man?
你见过这个人吗
One morning, I see something coming out of the trout tank , and at first, I was scared, Because, uh, I'm the last face that a lot of trout ever see.
有天早上 我看见有东西从鳟鱼塘爬出来 一开始我挺害怕 因为大部分鳟鱼只见过我这张脸
I'm not saying that the trout are a vengeful breed , but if they were, I...
我不是说鳟鱼好记仇 但如果真记仇
I'd probably be public enemy number one.
我肯定是它们的头号公敌So the figure that emerged, it was that man? 从鱼塘里出来的 就是这个人咯
Yeah, and I was pretty relieved when I found out it was a naked Asian guy, and not an angry trout.
是的 当我发现爬出来的 不是鳟鱼精 只是个亚裔裸男后 我松了一口气
And when was this?
那是什么时候
Oh, it must have been around June.
应该是六月份
I remember because my milkweed allergies were acting up something fierce .
我之所以记得是因为我的乳草过敏症 发作得很厉害
I gave him some clothes, and sent him on his way the next morning.
我给了他衣服 在第二天早上就送他上路了
- bound — adj.有义务的;必定的;受约束的;装有封面的; vt.束缚;使跳跃; n.范围;跳跃; vi.限制;弹起;
- tank — n.坦克;水槽;池塘; vt.把…贮放在柜内;打败; vi.乘坦克行进;
- breed — vi.繁殖;饲养;产生; vt.繁殖;饲 养;养育,教育;引起; n.[生物]品种;种类,类型;
- figure — n.数字;人物;图形;价格;(人的)体形;画像; vi.计算; 出现;扮演角色; vt.计算;认为;描绘;象征;
- naked — adj.裸体的;无装饰的;无证据的;直率的;
- fierce — adj.凶 猛的;猛烈的;暴躁的;
I don't know what happened to him after that.
之后他怎样我就不知道了
Mr. Sullivan, how many employees do you have here?
苏利文先生 你这有多少员工
Employees?
员工
What do I look like, Trout World?
以为我这里是鳟鱼世界吗
No employees. Heh, just me.
没有员工 就我一个人
And my dog.
和我的狗
I knew he was hiding something.
我知道他有所隐瞒
A spike in production in June, at the peak of milkweed allergy season?
六月份产量陡增 还刚好是在乳草过敏季节
Something on this trout farm was starting to smell...wrong.
这鳟鱼渔场闻起来有些东西 不对劲
The problem was, I didn't have any way to make him talk.
问题是 我没办法让他老实交代
Or did I?
真没法子吗
Well, looks like everything checks out here.
看起来这里没什么问题
Right, Troy?
对吧 特洛伊
No, Houlihan, I don't think anything checks out here.
不 花丽安 这里的问题大了
No, don't fly off the handle , Partner.
别乱来 大当
Oh, I will fly off the handle, Houlihan.
我就要乱来 花丽安
What the hell are you talking about?
你们在乱扯什么鬼玩意儿
I'm sorry, Mr. Sullivan.
抱歉 苏利文先生
Clearly, you have nothing to hide.
很显然 你毫无隐瞒
What are you hiding?
你隐瞒了什么
Fine!
好吧
You got me.
被你发现了
I've been using that Asian guy as unpaid, manual labor for three months before I drove him into town.
我让那亚裔男当免费劳力 分文不给 使了他三个月我才送他去镇里
But he wanted me to!
但那是他要我做的
We were friends, and I treated him with respect and dignity.
我们是朋友 我以尊重和庄严的态度对待他
Partner and Houlihan.
大当和花丽安
Shut up, Kevin!
闭嘴 凯文
Partner and Houlihan.
大当和花丽安
I don't understand.
我不明白
- peak — n. 高峰;顶峰;山峰;尖端; v. 达到高峰;达到最高值; adj. 最高度的;高峰时期的;巅峰状态的;
- handle — n.[建]把手;柄;手感;口实; vt.处理;操作;运用;买卖;触摸; vi.搬运;易于操纵;
- hell — n.地狱;究竟 (作加强语气词);训斥;黑暗势力; vi.过放荡生活;飞驰; int.该死;见鬼(表示惊奇、烦恼、厌恶、恼怒、失 望等);
- manual — n. 说明书;指南;使用手册; adj. 用手的;手工的;体力的;手动的;
- respect — n.尊敬,尊重; 方面;敬意; vt.尊敬,尊重;遵守;
Why would he work for no money?
他为什么要当免费劳力
Because he doesn't know about money.
他不知道钱是什么
Kevin doesn't know about labor laws, or 40- hour work weeks, or that that dude named him after a dog.
凯文都不晓得劳动法是什么 不晓得一周40工时也不晓得那人给他起了狗名
Growing up, I had a cat named Troy, a bird named Troy, and a hamster named Troy.
小时候 我有只猫叫特洛伊 有只鸟叫特洛伊 有只仓鼠叫特洛伊
They were all older than me.
他们都比我大
Oh, my God.
天啊
I think Kevin's struggle just got a lot sexier, grant-wise.
我认为凯文的奋斗史 显得更性感 更有拨款相了
This is horrible .
这太糟了
It was horrible.
糟透了
They were supposed to come back with a smoking gun, and all they found was a little human rights abuse .
他们本应该带回来关键证据 结果他们只带回来迫害人权的证据
Which, normally , is terrible.
正常情况下 那挺糟糕的
So do you believe Kevin now?
你现在相信凯文了吗
No. I want all your footage.
没有 我要你所有的录像
I know Chang slipped up.
昌肯定会露馅
He's not smart enough to play dumb all the time.
他没聪明到一直装傻的程度
What about Shirley and Britta's footage?
雪莉和布雷塔的镜头呢
It's unusable crap.
都是用不上的垃圾
I don't care. I want it all.
我不在乎 我都要
Do you want it bad enough to rent me a crane ?
你的渴望程度会强烈到给我租个稳定架吗
And maybe license me an expensive song?
要不再我买一首超贵的歌曲使用权吗
Yeah, whatever.
是的 随便啦
*The itsy-bitsy spider*
*一只小蜘蛛*
*Went up the water spout*
*爬上了水龙头*
Unusable crap is generous .
说是用不上的垃圾都算赞扬了
It goes on like this for another 12 hours.
就这么持续了12个小时
- horrible — adj.可怕的;极讨厌的;
- abuse — n.滥用;虐待;辱骂;弊端;恶习,陋习; vt.滥用;虐待;辱骂;
- normally — adv.正常地;通常地,一般地;
- dumb — adj.哑的,无说话能力的;不说话的,无声音的;
- rent — n. 租金;撕裂;破裂处;裂口; v. 出租;租用;租借;将…租给; adj. 撕裂的;分裂的;
- crane — n.吊车,起重 机;鹤; vi.伸着脖子看;迟疑,踌躇; vt.用起重机起吊;伸长脖子;
- license — v. 许可;批准;
- generous — adj. 慷慨的,大方的;宽宏大量的;有雅量的;
I couldn't even get through it all, And I sat through The Tree of Life.
我都没毅力全看完 要知道我可是看过《生命之树》的人
Wait, right there. What's that?
等下 那是什么
Oh, come on, you slippery snake, slip up.
你个狡猾狡猾地 现形吧
Doubtful .
我看不会
When he's alone, he mostly just practices smiling and frowning.
独处的时候 他多半只会练习微笑皱眉
We've all done it.
大家不都那样嘛
Who's he calling?
他在给谁打电话
Good question.
问得好
We figure that out, we've got our smoking gun.
找出对方是谁 我们就能找到关键证据
And all thanks to Britta. - Don't ruin this.
多亏了布雷塔 -别破坏气氛
The stage was set for a climatic final set piece .
舞台已经搭好 迎接血雨腥风的大结局
MacGuffin people were on campus .
麦高芬考察团来到学校
And Jeff had prepared quite the presentation .
而杰夫则准备好了一场好戏
You shut up.
你闭嘴
But I love you.
但是我爱你
You get yourself in the kitchen, and make me a burrito.
滚去厨房 给我做玉米煎饼
Oh, okay, yay! Oh, thank you.
好了 谢谢
Okay, thank you, Pierce Hawthorne i'll pay you a woman.
感谢你 皮尔斯·霍桑 我帮你找个妹子
for your special blend of playful racial humor.
感谢你特别的包含了俏皮的种族笑话
And genuine thoughts on Geraldine Ferraro.
还有对杰罗丁·费拉罗的诚实见解的表演
He's an old teddy bear .
真是个可爱的老家伙
And now, I believe Jeff Winger has a presentation.
现在杰夫·翁格要做演讲了耶 Yay.
- slippery — adj.滑的;狡猾的;不稳定的;
- Doubtful — adj.可疑的;令人生疑的;疑心的;不能确定的;
- ruin — n. 废墟;毁坏;灭亡; vt.毁灭;使破产; vi.破产;堕落;被毁灭;
- stage — n.阶段;舞台;戏剧;驿站; vt.举行;上演;筹 划; vi.举行;适于上演;乘驿车旅行;
- piece — n.块;件;篇;硬币; vt.修补;接合;凑合;
- campus — n.(大学)校园; 大学,大学生活;校园内的草地;
- presentation — n.展示;描述,陈述;介绍;赠送;
- blend — v. 混合;融合;加 入;相称; n. 混合;混合物;混合种;混合色;
- racial — adj.种族的;人种的;
- genuine — adj.真实的,真正的;诚 恳的;
- bear — vt.结果实,开花(正式); vt.忍受;承受;具有;支撑; n.熊;
Thank you. I must confess , I was just a short while ago quite skeptical about Changnesia.
谢谢 我必须承认 就在刚刚 我还在怀疑 昌癔症的真实性
But, with the help of my friends, we have uncovered a lot about this terrible, newly- discovered, completely real disease.
但通过朋友的帮助 我们对这个新发现的可怕而真实的疾病 有了许多了解
I think you'll find it as eye-opening as I did.
我想你们也会像我一样觉得大开眼界
Wait till you see what we found.
等着看我们的发现吧
Kevin was a victim of human trafficking.
凯文被人贩子拐卖了
Our purpose here tonight is to help cure Kevin of his Changnesia.
我们今晚的目的是帮助凯文 治好他的昌癔症
Who better to job his memory than someone special from his allegedly erased past.
在他那段号称被抹去的过去中 没人比这个特别的人更能唤起他的记忆了
So please welcome to the stage the former Mrs. Ben Chang, Alessandra.
请掌声欢迎 前任本·昌夫人 艾丽珊德拉上台
Alessandra, come on up.
艾丽珊德拉 请上来吧
Thank you.
谢谢
Ben...
本
Do you remember me?
你记得我吗
I'm sorry.
抱歉
I don't.
我不记得
Admit it, Kevin.
承认吧 凯文
You remember her.
你记得她的
This is the woman you never stopped loving.
这是你从未停止过爱恋的女人
Hit the lights!
放投影
You love her so much, you called her over and over and over again, even though you don't know her or how to use a phone or what a number is.
你太爱她了 以至于你不停地给她打电话 即使你不知道她是谁 也不知道怎么用电话 甚至连数都不识
What's going on here?
到底怎么回事
You told me I was here to help him.
你说让我来 是为了帮助他
Oh, we are here to help him, all right.
我们确实是来帮他的
We are here to help him admit that he has been faking this whole time.
我们来帮他承认 他一直是在装疯卖傻
Where'd you get the number, Chang?
你从哪拿到的电话号码 昌
- confess — vt.承认;坦白;忏悔;供认; vi.承认;坦白;忏悔;供认;
- victim — n.受害人;牺牲品;牺牲者;
- former — adj.从前的,前者的;前任的; n.模型,样板;起形成作用的人;
- Admit — vt.承认;准许进入;可容 纳; vi.承认;容许;
I found it in the vents!
我从通风口捡到的
555-0190 It's 555-0190.
And it was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen.
那是我见过最美的东西
But I always hung up, because...
但我总是挂断 因为
I didn't know if the person on the other end would ever want to talk to Kevin...
我不知道电话那端的人 在知道打电话的人是昌后
after knowing Chang.
是否还愿意跟凯文说话
You seem so nice.
你看起来很和善
If we were really married , I wish I could remember for even one moment how lucky I was.
如果我们确实曾是夫妻 我希望我能记得 哪怕只是一会儿 我有多么幸运
Oh, Ben.
本
Jeffrey, what are you doing?
杰夫瑞 你在干吗
Look, if he doesn't remember her, then this wouldn't bother him.
如果他不记得她 这对他就不会有影响
My logic is flawless!
我的逻辑滴水不漏
Doesn't that bother you?
你对此有意见吗
That bothers you!
你分明就有意见
Things got so ugly , I hesitate to even show you this footage.
事态变得很糟糕 我曾犹豫过要不要让你们看这段
But I will let you see me reacting to it.
不过你们可以看到我对此的反应
That'll probably be more than you can handle.
真相也许令你们无法忍受
Actually, it's not that bad, but this keeps the story moving.
其实也没那么糟啦 不过这样更加戏剧化
Hey, Alessandra, his last girlfriend was a charred mannequin leg!
艾丽珊德拉 他的上任女友是条烧焦的假模特腿
Jeffrey! Have you lost your mind?
杰夫瑞 你是疯了吗
You never believed Kevin?
你从没相信过凯文吗
You were just lying to manipulate us into helping you hurt him?
你只是假装相信 好利用我们 帮你伤害他
Jeffrey, I trusted you and believed in you and fantasized about celebrating over Mimosas with you!
杰夫瑞 我相信你 信任你 还曾幻想跟你喝含羞草鸡尾酒一起庆祝
Dean, if this is the sort of uphill battle you're facing in the fight against Changnesia, well, then, you're gonna need all the help you can get.
院长 如果这是你为治愈昌癔症 所面临的严峻挑战 你一定需要一切可能得到的帮助
- married — adj.已婚的,有配偶的;婚姻的,夫妇的;密切结合的; n.已婚者; v.结婚,与…结婚(marry的 过去式);
- lucky — adj.幸运的;侥幸的;
- bother — vt.烦扰,打扰;使……不安;使……恼怒; vi.操心,麻烦;烦 恼; n.麻烦;烦恼;
- ugly — adj.丑陋的;邪恶的;令人厌恶的;
- hesitate — v. (对某事)犹豫;顾虑;疑虑;
On behalf of the MacGuffin Neurological Institute, grant granted.
我代表麦高芬神经医学研究所 给予拨款
So...I guess I did help.
所以我确实帮了忙
Just not in the way I wanted to.
只不过不是以我想象的方式
But, on the bright side, this is the most well- documented failure of my life.
但往好的方面看 这是我人生中被记录得最完美的败笔
Thank you.
谢谢
By trying to make Kevin a pariah, I accidentally became more Chang than Chang at his Changiest.
为了努力让凯文成为贱人 我却变得比最贱时的昌 还要贱上三分的人
That's funny.
真逗啊
Well, I didn't try to kill anyone.
不过我没贱到想杀人
Which no one seems to care about.
虽然貌似没人在乎
But you know what I'm saying.
不过你懂我意思啦
Can I sit here?
我能坐这吗
You sure you want to be seen with me?
你确定愿意被别人看到跟我一起吗You have a brand-new reputation to uphold. 你现在人气很旺 要维护名誉啊
I like you.
我喜欢你
Really?
真的吗
Even after everything I did to...
在我对你...不管你是谁吧...
whoever you are?
做过那些事之后
Okay, I get it.
好吧 我明白了
Changnesia's hard to understand.
昌癔症很难理解
At least, that's what people tell me.
至少大家都是这么跟我说的
Now, I don't know a thing about it, which apparently is one of the symptoms, and it's so frustrating.
反正我是啥都不懂 显然这也是症状之一 确实很让人泄气
Look, I know Chang was a bad guy.
我知道昌是个大坏蛋
So he probably deserved everything you did to him.
也许你所做的一切他都罪有应得
But you're not a bad guy.
但你不是个坏人
You just made a mistake.
你只是犯了错误
And I'm willing to start over fresh if you are.
如果你愿意 我希望跟你重新开始
Hi.
你好
- battle — n.战役;斗争; vi.斗争;作战; vt.与…作战;
- behalf — n.代表;利益;
- failure — n.失败;故障;失败者;破 产;
- reputation — n.名声,名誉;声望;
My name's Kevin.
我叫凯文
I'm not saying I believe him.
我并不是说我相信了他
But I have got an idea of what it feels like to be Chang.
但我现在了解了 成为昌这种烂人是什么感受
Wanting to leave that name behind is the sanest decision anyone can make.
迫切地想摆脱这个恶名 是任何人都会做出的明智抉择
Hi.
你好
I'm Jeff.
我是杰夫
Thanks.
谢谢
A lot of filmmakers use crane shots to elicit emotion .
很多导演会用上升镜头来带出情感
What the heck, Abed?
到底怎么回事 阿布蒂
You knew what Jeffrey was planning to do the whole time?
你一直都知道杰夫瑞的计划吗
Why can't you ever make a documentary about the thing you plan to make a documentary about?
你干嘛不拍个纪录片 专门讲你准备拍成纪录片的事呢
Don't censor him!
不要审查他嘛
Censorship.
审查制度
This is the documentary.
这就是纪录片正题
Abed, you gotta teach me how to use that camera.
阿布蒂 你一定要教我用摄影机
Guys...I'm sorry.
大家 我很抱歉
I really screwed up.
我搞砸了
I hope you can forgive me.
希望你们能原谅我
Already forgotten.
早就忘记啦
Kevin...
凯文
What are we laughing about?
你们笑什么
Oh, Kevin.
凯文啊
Adorable. - Good job.
太萌啦 -说得妙
I don't get it.
我不懂耶
Hi, it's me.
喂 是我
They all finally bought it.
他们终于都相信了
Hook , line, and Winger.
下饵 收线 翁格上钩
I patiently await your further instructions.
我会耐心等待您进一步指示
Chang out.
昌 完毕
Why did I do that? Man...
我干吗扔掉啊 傻啊我
- emotion — n.情感;情绪;
- Hook — n. 钩;挂钩;鱼钩;钓钩; v. 挂住;箍住;钓(鱼);打曲线球;
- await — vt.等候, 等待;期待;