And that's how paleolithic hunting tribe overtook early agricultural civilization .
旧石器时代狩猎部落 就是这样压倒早期农业文明的
Ah. That's an interesting answer, Miss Edison.
你的回答很有意思 埃迪生小姐
Is it right? - Don't know. Don't care.
答得对吗 -不知道 也不在乎
But so far, you're all getting As.
不过现在看来 你们都得A了
You're welcome.
不客气
Are you sure everyone should get As?
您真要给每个人都打A吗
It seems a little unfair to the people that actually studied.
这样子对真正用功的孩子 有点不公平哦
Throw paper balls at her head until she sits down.
纸球扔起来 砸到她乖乖就座为止
Oh! What? Oh.
什么
Sitting. I'm sitting. - Good. Very good.
坐下了 -好 很好
A-pluses for all of you.
所有人都是A+
Professor Duncan, you are such a great teacher when you're drinking.
邓肯教授 你醉酒的时候 真是个好老师
Thank you, Darrell. - It's Troy.
谢谢 达伦 -是特洛伊
Hey, the man wants to give Darrell an "A,"
他想给达伦A
let him do it.
随他去吧
Nice shot. - Oh, thanks.
打得准 -谢谢
A toast to the easiest school, the dumbest dean...
敬杯酒 敬最好混的学校 最白痴的院长
And the ultimate blow off class.
也敬终极混分课
Anthropology. Who knew?
人类学 真是没想到
Hey, Shirley. - Hmm?
雪瑞 -嗯
You're not drinking.
怎么不喝酒
Someone is cruising for an a-minus.
不喝我可是要给你A-哦
Oh, no, no, I'm with child.
不不 我怀着孩子呢
Well, if it's my child, it's okay to have a drink or two.
如果是我的孩子 喝两口没事的
Chang babies love the sauce , you know?
昌家孩子好这口
Alcohol and Duck.
滥饮拼酒
Zoink.
走着
This is not your child, Chang.
这不是你的孩子 昌
It's Andre's. - How do you know?
是安德烈的 -你怎么知道
Because I don't see any locusts.
因为蝗虫没出现
Besides , a woman knows these things.
再说 这种事女人心里有数的
- civilization — n. 文明;文明社会;文明世界;(特定时期和地区的)社会文明;
- toast — n.干杯;烤面包;接受敬 酒的人;(在某领域)广受赞誉的人; vt.向…祝酒,为…干杯; vi.烤火,取暖;使暖和;烘烤(面包片等);
- ultimate — adj.最终的;极限的;根本的; n.终极;根本;基本原则;
- sauce — n. 酱;调味汁;讨厌的话(或举动); 无礼的话(或举动); v. 给…加滋味;〈俚〉对…说冒昧话;
- Alcohol — n. 酒精;乙醇;含酒精饮料;
Women have a connectedness to their bodies that you would never understand.
女人跟自己的身体有一种特殊的联系 你是永远不会懂的
You have a booger.
你鼻子里有鼻屎
I know. It's part of me.
我知道 姐自己的身体自己懂
Hey. Can we please do the exam?
我们还是继续考试吧
Question number two: How awesome is it that this class is fake ?
第二个问题 这课水得多给力啊
Here is to never telling the dean.
不告诉院长 干杯
And that is what jews do at weddings.
犹太人在婚礼上就这么干
Anthropology! - L'chaim!
人类学 -敬生活[依地语]
■ ■ ■ ■ Oh, professor Duncan, class, This is Mr. Jacobson.
邓肯教授好 大家好 这位是杰布森先生
He's a writer who's doing a piece on me for Dean Magazine.
他是《院长》杂志的记者 想对我进行专访
Ah! - I know, right?
赞 -是啊
Well, keep taking your exam.
继续你们的考试
Don't let my presence distract you.
别因为我的出现耽误你们
I'm sort of a father figure to the kids around here for my " outside the box" approach to education.
因为我别具一格的教育方法 我在学生眼中就如慈父一般
You know, like that film Children of the Corn.
就像那部电影《玉米地的孩子们》
Oh, professor. - What?
教授 -什么事
Proceed . - Yes.
继续吧 -好的
The Anthropology final.
人类学期末考试
Do you know what, I have left the exam paper in my office.
我把考卷落在办公室了
But it is a real doozy.
但考卷出的很棒
There is an interactive element .
涵盖了互动的部分
- Besides — adv.此外;而且; prep.除…之外;
- fake — n.假货;骗子;假动作; vt.捏造;假装…的样子; vi.假装;做 假动作; adj.伪造的;
- writer — n.作家;作者;
- piece — n.块;件;篇;硬币; vt.修补;接合;凑合;
- presence — n.存 在;出席;参加;风度;仪态;
- distract — vt.转移;分心;
- figure — n.数字;人物;图形;价格;(人的)体形;画像; vi.计 算;出现;扮演角色; vt.计算;认为;描绘;象征;
- outside — adj.外面的,外部的;外来的; n.外部;外观; adv.在 外面,向外面;在室外; prep.在…范围之外;
- approach — n.方法;途径;接近; vt.接近;着手处理; vi.靠近;
- Proceed — vi.开始;继续进行;发生;行进; n.收入,获利;
A performance component .
个人表现的部分
And I don't want to tip it, but there may be a lump of clay coming to everyone in the room.
还有我不想漏题 但是可能每人都会拿到一块粘土哦
So, uh, toodle-oo. Cheerio.
白白 我闪人了
Wowee. This is a real college.
哎哟 真是像模像样的大学
So after this, we should check out the world food festival in the parking lot.
这之后 我们应该去看看在停车场 举办的世界美食节
No way.
不是吧
There are lunch trucks with 18 different nationalities of food.
餐车陈列 承载来自 18个异域国家风情美食
You know what, not different. Equal. Equal to whites.
不是异域 是平等 跟白人平等
You know what, better than whites.
应该说 比白人还棒
Oh, I think that sounds like an awesome thing to do immediately .
这种事不可多得 走过路过不能错过
I bet the reader of Dean Magazine would love it.
我打赌《院长》杂志的读者会喜欢的
I'm good.
不必
I'd like to stay here and check out this unorthodox exam.
我更想看看这个新潮的考试
Shirley, you okay? - Uh-huh.
雪瑞 你还好吗 -嗯
Just a little indigestion.
有点消化不良
I've been having it all morning.
都一早上了
Are you sure it isn't contractions?
你确定不是宫缩吗No, no, no. It's way too early for any of that. 不不不 时候还早
Um, my other two came right on schedule .
我的另两个都是按时来的
Maybe even a little late.
可以说还有点晚
Jordan was in here so long, he came out with a driver's license .
乔登就是姗姗来迟 有他那功夫 驾照都考出来了
I'm kidding. That's not true. Ooh.
开玩笑 我随便说的
- element — n.元素;要素;原理;成分;自然环境;
- performance — n. 性能;表现;业绩;表演;
- component — n. 成分;部件;组成部分; adj. 构成的;
- lump — n. 肿块;(通常为无定形的)块;隆起;笨重的人; v. 把…归并一起 (或合起来考虑);
- clay — n. 黏土;陶土;
- festival — n.节日;庆祝,纪念活动;欢乐; adj.节日的,喜庆的;快乐 的;
- immediately — adv.立即,立刻;直接地; conj.一…就;
- schedule — v. 安排;预定;为…安排时间;将… 列入; n. 日程安排;明细表;工作计划;(电视或广播)节目表;
- license — v. 许可;批准;
Chang babies are always premature .
昌家孩子都早产
We gestate fast because we're better at obtaining nutrients.
我们吸收营养能力强 所以孕期很短
Some need only eight months, depending on how much of the mother they eat.
有的八个月就生下来了 这就要看他们吸了妈妈多少血了
Oh, uh, Shirley, that is full of chemicals.
雪瑞 那里面都是化学制剂
I wouldn't expose your baby to that.
宝宝接触这个不好
Actually, my doctor said antacid is safe to take.
事实上 我的医生说解酸药没事的
Yeah, let me guess who paid for that study.
我猜猜谁给那个研究出的资
Big antacid.
解酸药大公司
Shirley, chew on a eucalyptus root and--I know it sounds gross-- pig saliva.
雪瑞 嚼点桉树根代替吧 还有一种说起来挺恶心 猪口水
It's the same active ingredient as antacid.
其有效成分和解酸药是一样的
They just dress it up with a fancy name.
唯一区别就是高端名字 品牌包装
How dare they.
有木有天理啊
Hey, you want to see a movie today?
今天想去看电影吗
Word. - Cool.
去 -好
Hey, guys, why do you do that? - Do what?
你们为什么那样 -哪样
It's cool. - How?
很酷 -哪酷
I don't know. It just is.
不知道 就是酷
Well, let me in. Let me in to the handshake.
加我一个 我也要击掌
Give you $1,000.
给你们1000美元
Indecent Proposal . - Indecent Proposal .
《桃色交易》 -《桃色交易》
Woody. - Demi.
伍迪 -黛咪
Nice.
不错
You two gonna fall in love?
你俩会坠入爱河吗
No. I don't know.
不 我不知道
So have you considered natural childbirth?
你有没有考虑过自然分娩
Are you kidding me? I'll take whatever they got.
开什么玩笑 让药物来得更猛烈一些吧
An epidural is a proper Christian woman's only chance to get wrecked.
只有硬膜外麻醉 才能让正派基督徒妇女 正大光明嗨一回
- premature — adj.早产的;不成熟的;比预期早的; n.早产儿;过早发生的事物;
- expose — vt.揭露,揭发;使 曝光;显示;
- chew — n.咀嚼;咀嚼物; vt.嚼碎,咀嚼; vi.细想,深思;
- active — adj.积极的;活跃的;主动的;有 效的;现役的; n.主动语态;积极分子;
- ingredient — n.原料;要素;组成部分; adj.构成组成部分的;
- fancy — n.幻想;想象力;爱好; adj.想象的;奇特的;昂贵的;精选的; vt.想象;喜爱;设想;自负; vi.幻想;想象;
- Proposal — n.提议,建议;求婚;
Yeah, but from what I'm told, the real high is the endorphin rush of a chemical-free birth.
话虽如此 可据我所知 非麻分娩时 脑内会分泌内啡肽 那才叫真正的刺激呢
I read an article that said some women can actually achieve or-- Uh-uh, no, no, no. Thank you for the conversation.
我有读过一篇文章称 有的女人确能达到或 行了行了 多谢指点
I know what you're talking about.
我懂你的意思
And even if it were true, that's not something a woman does on her child's head.
就算你说的是真的 孩子还在肚子里看着呢 当妈妈的不能这么干
But-- - Mmm!
可 -别说了
Listen, backseat birther, Shirley's on her third kid.
喂 山寨助产士 雪瑞都生了俩孩子了
She doesn't need a third-year-old slacker with two one-eyed cats governing her body.
小太妹你呢 家里养俩猫还是独眼龙 在这越俎代庖个什么劲呢First of all, together, my cats can do anything. 首先说明 我家小猫一旦合体 所向披靡
Secondly, you disqualified yourself from this conversation the moment you decided to grow away.
其次 从你分化成另一性别那刻起 你就没有资格参与本次谈话了
I regret nothing.
我心无悔
I feel sorry for the airhead that you're gonna knock up at the age of 70.
我真的要提前同情一下 你古稀之年要搞的那位蠢女人
You're gonna be sitting in the waiting room playing Solitaire on your blackberry while a life is created ten feet from you.
估计到生孩子时 你只会坐在候诊室 抱着你的黑莓手机玩 宝石迷情 却对触手可及的新生命无知无觉
Oh, and you're gonna squat in a babbling brook and a beautiful star child is going to slide out on a ray of sunshine while your cats each half watch because you're so natural.
那你呢 啥也不会做 蹲在那碎碎念 等着白鹤送子 和你家对半瞎的小猫 一起看新生命沐浴阳光而降 因为你天然去雕饰
Oh-oh. Okay. Oh, boy.
好吧 天哪
Can someone please get every mop on campus ?
有没有人能把全校所有的拖把扛来啊
- rush — n.冲进;匆促;急流;灯心草; adj.急需的; vt.使冲;突袭;匆忙地做;飞跃; vi.冲;奔;闯;赶紧;涌现;
- slide — n.滑动;幻灯片;滑梯;雪崩; vi.滑动;滑落;不知不觉陷入; vt.滑动;使滑动;悄悄地迅速放置;
- sunshine — n. 阳光;日光;欢乐;幸福;
Um, did you break water? Is that broken water?
你的羊水是不是破了 那是不是羊水啊
That's broken water! - Chang baby!
羊水破了 -昌之子
Nice and easy. Careful.
别紧张 小心点
Oh, Father, God Almighty, this isn't happening.
哦上帝 全能的上主 不是吧
It's too soon.
这也太快了
I don't want my baby's first memory
我可不要孩子一出生
to be Star-Burns. - oh, Goodness . All right.
第一眼看到的就是星霸 -上帝啊 好了
This is not a big deal . Wait. I mean , it is a big deal .
这没什么大不了 啊呸 这可不得了It's just not a big bad deal. It's a big good deal. 但不是坏的不得了 而是好的不得了
If I could have everyone's attention-- Actually would like not to have your attention.
大家能注意听我讲 算了 你们还是别盯着我吧
Okay, give me your attention.
那个 还是注意听我说吧
This student is having a baby. What am I talking about?
这名学生马上要分娩了 我这是废话啥呢
You already know.
地球人都知道
Okay, here's-- okay, here's what it is.
好 接下来 好 接下来
I'm gonna go get my prius, I'm gonna pull around the back, and I'm gonna drive her to the hospital.
我去把丰田普锐斯开来 我会把车停在后门 然后把她送到医院
I drive a Prius, which I think is pretty cool.
我开丰田普锐斯 我有我风采
Dean, go! - Okay, Dean gone.
院长 快去 -好 院长去也
Can you please call Andre?
你能给安德烈打个电话吗
He's "Sugar Boots" in my phone.
手机里那个 小棉袄 就是他
That hurts, Shirley.
我伤心了 雪瑞
Oh, oh, I'll get it because I am here for you.
我帮你打 因为我时刻伴你左右
We came so close to having one class that wasn't all about them.
就差那么一点点就能上一堂 没有他们搅局的课了
Remember when they all took that fishing trip on St. Patrick's day?
还记得圣帕特里克节 他们全体都去钓鱼的时候吗
- campus — n.(大学)校园;大学,大学生活;校园内的草地;
- Goodness — int.天哪; n.善良,优秀;精华,养 分;
- deal — vt.处理;给予;分配;发牌; vi.处理;讨论;对待;做生意; n.交易;(美)政策;待遇;份量;
- mean — adj.平 均的;卑鄙的;低劣的;吝啬的; vt.意味;想要;意欲; n.平均值; vi.用意;
- pretty — adj.漂亮的;可爱的;优美的; adv.相当地;颇; n.漂亮的人;
God, that was a good week.
上帝啊 那是多么美好的一周啊
This has got to be a Chang baby.
这个娃注定就是昌之子
Changs are never born in hospitals.
俺老昌家的孩子没有一个是在医院里生的
More like taxicabs, hardware stores, bank lines, sewers.
大部分是在出租车上啦 五金店啦 银行排队时啦 下水道啦
My nephew Jin was born on a treadmill at Bally Total Fitness.
我侄子金是在倍力健身俱乐部的 跑步机上出生的
20% incline .
15度倾斜跑道
'"Sugar Boots" says that he'll meet us at the hospital.
小棉袄 说他在医院里等咱们
Good. Now can somebody do something about him?
很好 谁赶紧把他灭了
I'm just saying nobody needs to freak out.
我只是想让大家都镇定
A Chang is hearty to the core .
昌之子生命力强韧得很
We always come out healthy.
我们一生下来就身体倍棒
That's why there's like a billion of us.
要不然十几亿中国人哪来的
You ever tried Googling me? Can't be done!
你有没有试过谷歌我 能找到算你本事
Ben, you have to stop freaking her out.
本 你别再吓她了
Hey, show me some respect .
喂 好歹尊重我一下啦
I might be that child's estranged father.
我可能就是没孩子疼的亲爹
Well, what's it gonna be? - What?
怎么着 -什么
I want to buy the rights to your handshake.
我出钱 咱击掌
Do we have a deal?
成交不
Pierce , we're about to take Shirley to the hospital.
皮尔斯 当务之急是送雪瑞去医院
This is not the time.
现在不是说这个的时候
Oh, it's the time.
时机恰恰好
According to my watch, it's 1,000 o'clock.
根据我的手表来看 一千点了都
Deal. - Deal.
成交 -成交
- hardware — n.计算机硬件;五金器具;
- nephew — n.侄子;外甥;
- incline — n. 倾斜;斜坡;斜度; v. (使)倾向于; 点头(尤指以示同意、欢迎等);(使)倾斜;
- core — n.核心;要点;果心;[计]磁心; vt.挖...的核;
- billion — n.十亿; 大量; num.十亿; adj.十亿的;
- respect — n.尊敬,尊重;方面;敬意; vt.尊敬,尊重;遵守;
- Pierce — v. 穿透; 扎;刺破;穿过; n. 皮尔斯;
- According — adj.相符的;一致的;相应的;和谐的;调和的; adv.依照;根据;按照; v.给予(accord的现在分词);使和谐一致;使符合;使适合;
Great.
很好
So how does it work? - I don't know.
接下来怎么弄 -不知道
We just kind of do it when one of us says something awesome.
每当妙语脱口而出 我俩就自然击掌了 默契无须言说
Yeah. - All right. Betty Grable.
对 -好 贝蒂·嘉宝
I said Betty Grable.
我说了 贝蒂·嘉宝
No. - Yes.
不要 -要
No. - Do it.
不要 -赶紧着
Make your money, whore.
妞儿 给爷拍一个
Who's Betty Grable?
贝蒂·嘉宝是谁啊
Yeah, that's the stuff .
哦也 感觉真爽啊
Try to take deep breaths and relax .
深呼吸 放轻松
Where is the Dean? - Oh, my god!
院长呢 -哦 上帝啊
Okay. - Everything's wet!
好的 -我下面全湿了
Eew! Oh. Oh, that's okay.
呕 没关系啦
That's okay because it is natural.
没关系 这是自然现象
It's natural.
自然现象
Are you uncomfortable, Britta?
你不舒服吗 布雷塔
You wish.
想得美
Oh. Okay. Ooh. - $400. $500.
好 呼吸 -四百 五百
It's like a million bucks in dog dollars.
相当于一百万富贵狗币了
Word.
妙语啊
What happened? - Something's off.
怎么了 -不对劲
It's like buying candy from a baby.
忽悠他俩太容易了
What did you do? You ruined it!
你耍什么阴招了 你毁了我们的默契
Troy, give him back the money.
特洛伊 把钱还给他
No, no, no. Money doesn't matter anymore.
不用 现在不是钱的事了
Once you've sold something out, you can't get it back.
卖出去的玩意泼出去的水
But you didn't even like our handshake!
你又不喜欢我们击掌
I hated it. Now it's gone.
我讨厌死它了 现在它没咯
You two are dumber than Jackie Coogan.
你们俩比杰奇·库根还蠢
He divorced Betty Grable.
那小子跟贝蒂·嘉宝离婚了
Jeff, Pierce tainted our special handshake with his blood money and now we can't get the magic back!
杰夫 皮尔斯用他的脏钱 玷污了我们的击掌礼现在意境全毁了
Holy crap. You two for real?
搞毛啊 你们俩玩真的
Yeah.
是啊
Nobody cares about your stupid handshake.
谁在乎你们那傻了吧唧的击掌礼
- stuff — n.东西;材料;填充物;素材资料; vt.塞满;填塞;让吃饱; vi.吃得过多;
- relax — vi.放松,休息;松懈,松 弛;变从容;休养; vt.放松;使休息;使松弛;缓和;使松懈;
- candy — vt.用糖煮;使结晶为砂糖;美化; vi.糖煮;成 为结晶; n.糖果(等于sweets);冰糖(等于sugarcandy,rockcandy);毒品; adj.新潮的(服饰);甜言蜜语 的;
- magic — n.巫术;魔法;戏法; adj.不可思议的;有魔力的;魔术的;
- Holy — adj.圣洁的,神圣的;至善的; n. 神圣的东西; (俚)太棒了;
A baby is coming out of Shirley's vagina two feet from us. - Don't worry.
雪瑞的宝宝正往外出呢 -就在两英尺外 -别担心
Her contractions are still six minutes apart .
她的宫缩还维持在六分钟一次
So unless her cervix is dilated more than eight centimeters, we still have time to get her to a hospital.
在子宫颈扩张到8公分前 我们还来得及把她送到医院
I delivered a baby earlier this year in the back of an SUV.
今年我在SUV后厢 给人接过生
What? - hmm-hmm.
什么 -真滴
Where was I when that happened?
那时我在哪儿呢
I don't know. Off in the background .
不知道 人肉背景吧
Did you pull your car up? - Uh, no.
你把车开来了吗 -没
It's been overturned! - what?
被人掀翻了 -什么
Okay, look, I don't want to alarm anyone, but the world food festival has taken a dark turn.
我不想吓到你们大家 但是世界美食节出了突发状况
I guess some national ethnicities don't play nice with others and things have turned into a bit of a race...
大概某些民族就是和别人合不来 然后就变成了一场种族运动
kerfuffle. - You mean riot ?
热潮 -你是说暴乱吗
Uh, let's use kerfuffle for now, okay, Mr. Winger?
我们还是称之为热潮吧 翁格先生
I was just trying to feed hungry foodies.
人家只是想救济饥民嘛
I'm going to call an ambulance .
我去叫辆救护车
Oh, there's ambulances out there!
那儿就有辆救护车
They're overturning those too!
也被人围攻着呢
I mean, I didn't even know there was a difference between north and south Korean barbeque.
我哪知道南朝鲜和北朝鲜的烤肉 还有什么区别
Maybe it's the telescope .
I mean, M.A.S.H lasted longer than that war. 《陆军野战医院》播的时间都比朝鲜战争长
Get over it. Am I right? Don't print that.
就别揪着不放啦 这段掐了别写
- apart — adv. 分开;分离;相距;不在一起; adj. (与众)不同的;
- unless — conj.除非,如果不; prep.除…之外;
- background — n.背景;隐蔽的位置; vt.作…的背景; adj.背景的;发布背景材料的;
- alarm — n.闹钟;警报, 警告器;惊慌; vt.警告;使惊恐;
- riot — n. 骚乱;暴乱;丰富多彩;品种繁多; v. 发生骚乱;闹事;
- ambulance — n. 救护车;
Let's just quit jotting. Stop writing !
别记啦 你他娘的别写了
Okay, 911 says it's gonna take over an hour because of a race kerfuffle.
急救车说要一个小时才能来 因为某场种族运动热潮
Oh. Lake Woebegone. Eeh!
不疼不疼 大吉大利
Abed, what do we do?
阿布蒂 我们该怎么办
Shirley, pretend I'm saying this in a soothing, reassuring, non-robotic voice.
雪瑞 假装我在用一种 舒缓抚慰 非机械的语调说话
We're not going to make it to the hospital.
医院怕是去不成了
Yes, I am.
不 我要去
I'm going to have this baby in a hospital with my husband and the father of my baby.
我要在医院产下这个孩子 我老公 孩子他爸要陪在身边
Unless that father is me.
我是亲爹 这些就免了
In which case, what you need to do now is elevate your legs over your head while facing the northeast corner of the room.
这种情况下 你要这么做 把腿高举过头顶 脸朝房间的东北角
but try not to look at the door, okay?
但是别看门 好吧
That's bad luck and chang babies are very superstitious.
那样不吉利 昌家孩子都很迷信的
Also if you can visualize a rabbit riding a dragon , it'll increase his chances of winning lotteries.
还有 想象一幅龙腾兔跃的景象 这样可以让孩子 彩 运亨通
Ben, corner.
本 墙角凉快去
Listen, Shirley, we're having the baby right here, right now.
听着雪瑞 我们得在这儿接生
Okay. - Okay.
好的 -好
Troy, get every blanket and coat you can find.
特洛伊 找点毯子大衣过来 有多少拿多少
Anything soft for Shirley to lie on.
只要是软的就行 给雪瑞垫着
Annie, I need you to call Andre and tell him to meet us here instead .
安妮 我要你给安德烈打电话 告诉他我们改在这儿见
What can I do?
我能干点什么
- quit — vt.离开;放弃;停止;使…解除; vi.离开;辞职;停止; n.离开;[计]退出; adj.摆脱了…的;已经了结的;
- writing — n.书写;作品;著作;[法]笔迹; v.书写(write的ing形式);
- pretend — vi.假装,伪装,佯装; adj.假 装的; vt.假装,伪装,模拟;
- dragon — n.龙;凶暴的人,凶恶的人;严厉而有警觉性的女人;
- blanket — n. 毯子;毛毯;厚层;厚的覆盖层; adj. 包括所有情形(或人员)的;总括的;综合的; v. 以厚层覆盖;
- instead — adv.代替;反而;
Stop grabbing her shoulders.
别死抓着她的肩膀不放
What are you doing? - Being natural.
你这是干嘛 -装自然 扮淡定啊
Jeff, help me move Shirley to the ground.
杰夫 帮我把雪瑞挪到地上去
All right, just stand right here.
好嘞 就这儿吧
Easy. Easy. Troy, blankets. There we go.
轻点轻点 特洛伊 上毯子 好了
Okay.
好了
I just need to take a look and see how far along you are.
我得看看 你到哪一步了
Oh, no, I'm sorry, Abed.
不要 抱歉 阿布蒂
I don't feel comfortable with you taking a grand tour of my nethers.
让你看我下体好别扭啊
I'd prefer it was one of the girls.
还是让个女孩子来吧
I can do it! I can do it! I'm good at looking!
我来我来 我明察秋毫
I'm here for you, Shirley. Okay, what do I do?
我就在你旁边雪瑞 要我干嘛
Okay, you just need to look and see if the baby's head has reached the cervix. - No problowe, Rob Lowe.
你只需要看看 婴儿的头 -有没有到子宫颈 -没问题 温缇
I take it the head has reached the cervix.
看这样脑袋应该到子宫颈了
Oh, god. Okay. Oh, god. All right.
天哪 好吧 天啊
Not to worry. This kind of thing happens all the time.
不用担心 这种事儿常有发生
Are a lot of babies born in classrooms?
有很多小孩在教室里出生吗
Well, a lot more are conceived.
反正在教室种下的不少
No, Paul, that's off the record and not true. Sort of.
别记了保罗 纯属YY野史 基本是假的
Annie. - Got to go.
安妮 -要挂了
Hey, okay, due to an unforeseen conflict of genitals I've been disqualified from delivering Shirley's baby so I'm gonna have to walk you through it.
鉴于某种临时突发的性别差异问题 我没法给雪瑞接生了 所以我来指导 你来操作
I can't deliver a baby.
我不懂接生啊
I'm not properly prepared.
我没有准备好啊
- Being — n.存在;生命;本质;品格; adj.存在的;现有的;
- grand — adj.宏伟的;豪华的;极重要的; n.大钢琴;一 千美元;
- tour — n.旅游,旅行;巡回演出; vt.旅行,在……旅游;在……作巡回演出; vi.旅行,旅游;作巡回 演出;
- conflict — n. 冲突;矛盾;争执;抵触; v. 抵触;
- deliver — vt.交付;发表;递送;释放;给予(打击);给…接生; vi.实现;传送;履行;投递; n.投球;
I need to take a class, or read a book, Or shadow a nurse , or at least have my mom hug me first.
我得先上个课 读个书 给护士打个下手 至少我妈得抱我一下
Oh, god. Oh, god. I'm seeing spots.
哦天哪 好多星星啊
Oh, my Lord , my Lord , Why are you doing these things to me?
上帝啊上帝啊 为什么对我这么残忍
How have I failed you?
我何曾让您失望
Either way, someone's got to calm her down.
总之 得有人来安抚她
I got this. Shirley, look at me.
我来吧 雪瑞 看着我
Look at my face.
看着我的脸
Connect with me.
和我交流
Ha ha ha ha ha
哈哈哈哈哈哈What in the hell ? - I don't know what to do! 搞什么啊 -我不知道该怎么办啊
Chang! Where's Chang? - What's up, baby?
昌 你在哪儿啊昌 -怎么了宝贝
You said Chang babies all come this way?
你说昌家的孩子都是这么降生的
Yeah, like a bullet from a gun.
是啊 如离弦之箭 出膛之弹
And they're all okay? - Hell, yeah.
还都活的好好的吗 -那当然了
More than okay. Super babies.
不仅好好的 还都是超能婴儿
Seven generations of little scrappers born in the worst conditions you can imagine.
这七代宝宝中的战斗机 生产环境之艰难 超乎想像
Tell me.
说说看
My cousin slid out feet first in a pickle barrel .
我表哥脚朝下掉进了腌黄瓜缸里
My uncle was born during rainy season in a Mongolian sheep pasture.
我叔叔出生在蒙古牧场的雨季时节
My brother, hmm, born under a crowded noodle bar while my grandfather finished his happy dancing shrimp.
我哥呢 生在一个嘈杂的拉面馆里 当时我爷爷刚吃完美味的骆驼虾
Nothing can stop us.
啥都挡不住咱昌家人
Not the hurricanes. Not the communists.
龙卷风卷不走 共产党人吓不住
- nurse — vt.看护,护理;照顾;培养;给…喂奶; vi.照料,护理;喂奶;当保姆; n.护士;奶妈,保姆;
- Lord — n. 主;上帝; int.主,天啊; vt.使成贵族; vi.作威作福,称王称霸;
- calm — adj.静的,平静的;沉着的; vt.使平 静;使镇定; vi.平静下来;镇定下来; n.风平浪静;
- Connect — vt.连接;联合;关连; vi.连接,连结;联合;
- hell — n.地狱;究竟(作加强语气词);训斥;黑暗势力; vi.过放荡生活;飞驰; int.该死;见鬼(表示惊奇、烦 恼、厌恶、恼怒、失望等);
- bullet — n.子弹;只选某党全部候选人的投票;豆子; vi.射出;迅速行进;
- barrel — n. 桶;枪管;一桶(的量); v. 飞驰;
Not the Feds. Not the girl scouts.
联调局查不尽 女童子军烦不死
What are you doing? Get in there.
你这是干什么 过去呀
Me? Forget it. I'm the worst.
就我? 算了吧 我最锉了
Well, that's a discussion for a different time.
这一话题咱可以日后再议
Look, Britta, there is something in you that wants to take care of people so bad that you'll do it until you puke.
布雷塔 你内心一直有种情感 让你有着照料别人的强烈诉求 鞠躬尽瘁 吐而后已
That's what Shirley needs right now.
这正是雪瑞当前最需要的
Are you saying I'll be a good mom?
你是说我会是个好妈妈吗
What? No.
啥 别扯了
Man, you will really force anything, won't you?
老天 还真梦想无极限啊
Just get in there and force that baby out of Shirley.
赶紧过去 帮雪瑞把娃挤出来
Step aside , people! Britta for the win!
各位 闪边 布雷塔来绝杀了
Get out of my way. Okay. I am ready.
别挡道 好了 我准备好了
Abed, walk me through this.
阿布蒂 给点指导
Okay, at each contraction, you need to tell Shirley to push.
好 每次宫缩的时候 你就跟雪瑞说 用力
That's it?
就这样
Well, don't tell any doctors I said this, but at this point in time, the bus pretty much drives itself.
你别跟医生告状说是我说的 不过事情到这份上只能自己前进 丰衣足食了
Who exactly is the bus in this scenario? Oh!
这个 自己 是说谁啊
Push!
用力
The head is out!
头出来了
Now feel under the neck for the umbilical cord.
检查一下脖子上有没有缠上脐带
There's no cord.
没有
I think that's a good thing, Britta.
这是好事 布雷塔
Oh, I am nailing this! You're doing great too.
我表现神勇啊 你也不错
Chang, more stories.
昌 再来点故事
Okay, so in World War II, a lot of us were rounded up in labor camps.
好 二战的时候 咱同胞可多被抓进劳工营里
Mining mostly.
多半是采矿
Hundreds of Changs were born underneath the earth.
几百个昌家小崽呱呱坠在地底下
Most spent their first five years underground .
他们多半前五年都生活在地下
- force — n.力量;武力;军队;魄力; vt.促使,推动;强迫;强加;
- aside — adv.离开,撇开;在旁边; n.旁白;私 语,悄悄话;离题的话; prep.在…旁边;
- underneath — prep.在…的下面;在…的形式下;在…的支配下; adv.在下面;在底下; n.下面;底部; adj.下面的;底层的;
Hey, I'm here. - Oh, Andre!
我来了 -安德烈
Okay. Hi, baby.
宝贝
It's gonna be all right. - Okay.
没事的 -好的
It's okay, ma'am. We can take it from here.
好了 女士 接下来交给我们吧
Guys, I got it. I'm in the zone .
姐已经进入角色了 用不上你们
Okay, come on, Shirley. Come on, Shirley.
加油 雪瑞 加油 雪瑞
Come on, Shirley. Push push push.
加油 雪瑞 用力 用力 用力
Push it! - Push!
用力 -用力
It's baby Greendale.
格林德尔宝宝要降生了
You guys don't have to name it that.
当然你们不一定要给他取这个名字
I don't claim that power. I'm merely the deliverer.
我没这权利 我就是个接生婆而已
Britta, focus . - Oh, doy. Okay.
布雷塔 专心点 -对 好的
Come on, Shirley.
加油 雪瑞
Oh, it's a boy!
是个男孩
And it's also a black person!
还是个小黑娃
Not that that's important.
当然 这个无所谓了
Are you sure it's yours, baby? - Yes.
确定是你的种吗 -确定
It's definitely his.
必然是他的
I never told you this part, but all Changs are born with tails.
有件事我一直没告诉你 昌家人生来都是有尾巴的
You kind of dodged a bullet there.
还好你没中招
Did that just happen ?
真生下来了吗
It's back. - It never left.
感觉又回来了 -它从未走远
Oh, we did it, sugar boots. - No, you did it, baby.
我们胜利了 小棉袄 -是你胜利了 宝贝
Congratulations, sir.
哥们 恭喜了
After a fierce campaign , I happily concede this baby to you.
激烈角逐后 双方在友好氛围中结束战斗 我方败阵 宝宝是你的了
Pretty classy of me. - Thank you, Chang.
情场败将小小昌 -谢谢你 昌
- underground — adv.在地下;秘密地; adj.地下的;秘密的;先锋派的; n.地下;地铁;地道;地下组织;秘密活 动;先锋派团体;
- zone — n. 地带;分区;(尤指有别于周围的)区域; v. 将…划作特殊区域;指定…为某项用途 的区域;将…分成区(或划成带);
- claim — vi.提出要求; vt.要求;声称;需要;认领; n.要求;声称;索赔;断言;值 得;
- merely — adv.仅仅,只不过;只是;
- focus — n.焦点;中心;清晰;焦距; vt.使集中;使聚焦; vi.集中;聚焦; 调节焦距;
- definitely — adv.清楚地,当然;明确地,肯定地;
- happen — vi.发生;碰巧;偶然遇到;
- fierce — adj.凶猛的;猛烈的;暴躁的;
- campaign — vi.作战;参加竞选;参加活动; n.运动;活动;战役;
- concede — vt.承认;退让;给予,容许; vi.让步;
Couldn't have done this without you.
要是没你我也挺不过来
No bigs. - Andre.
言重了 -安德烈
Yeah.
怎么了
I think I want to name him after Ben.
我想给孩子取名本 随他
What?
啥
Really? - Really?
来真的? -真的?
Yeah. I mean, you may not be his father, but you helped bring him into the world.
对 尽管你不是他的生父 但他降生路上有你相助
All right, well, we'll have our own little baby Ben...
好吧 那咱家又添了小本
Bennett. - Ben Bennett?
班内特 -本·班内特
Oh, damn .
被阴了
Okay. No, no. No, that's fine.
好了 没事 没事 这样也行吧
Ben Bennett. Hi, Ben Bennett.
本·班内特 你好呀 本·班内特
Oh, look, he said Chang.
看见没 他说了 昌
No. No, he didn't.
没有 他才没说
See? Nothing to it. - Yeah.
看见没 没啥大不了 -是啊
Can you believe that's how we come into this world?
真不敢相信咱们就是这样降临人世
Screaming, crying, covered in crap?
尖叫不停 鬼哭狼嚎 污秽缠身
And then somewhere along the lines, we get it into our heads that we're destined for greatness.
但随后成长路上的某一天 我们就会明白 我们生而伟大
We are. I just yanked a little dude out of my friend.
确实伟大 我可是从朋友肚子里 拽出了一条小生命啊
Yeah. I guess we passed anthropology.
是啊 看来咱们人类学及格了
Look at how teeny his hands are.
看他的手多小啊
You're so little, right?
你好小哦 对不对
His fingers are like Good & Plenties.
他的手指好像小糖豆哦
I know. I want to eat them.
是啊 真想一口吃掉
Which is lame. - Totally.
但这不太好 -绝对的
This has been quite a day.
今天相当精彩
You can expect a cover story in the next issue .
我看你要上下期杂志封面了
In a good way?
正面报道吗Like an article about what a good dean I am? 为人讲述我这院长有多称职吗
Absolutely.
绝对滴
I did it.
我成功咯
I did it. I am a good dean.
成功咯 俺是称职好院长
I am a good dean!
俺是称职好院长
Are you sure you want to do this?
真要这么干吗
I know people do it in movies all the time, but there are bound to be real world consequences.
我知道电影里的人经常这样 但咱这是现实世界后果很严重
I know, but if we take that test today, we are definitely going to fail it.
我知道 但如果今天去考试的话 我们必挂无疑
- damn — vt.谴责;罚…下地狱; vi.谴责; n.一点;诅咒; adj.可恶的; adv.非常; int.讨厌;
- issue — n.问题;流出; 期号;发行物; vt.发行,发布;发给;放出,排出; vi.发行;流出;造成…结果;传下;
- bound — adj.有义务的;必 定的;受约束的;装有封面的; vt.束缚;使跳跃; n.范围;跳跃; vi.限制;弹起;
Okay, let's do it.
好吧 走着
What are you guys doing?
你俩干嘛呢
Cancel school today or we tell everybody about this.
今天停课 否则我们就四处宣传这事
Deal.
成交
- fail — vi.失败,不及格;破产;缺乏;衰退; vt.不及格;使失望;忘记;舍弃; n.不及格;
- Cancel — v. 取消;撤销;终 止;废除(具有法律效力的协议); n. 取消;删略;[数](相)约;盖销;