So I go into the bathroom with Tom, and we both, you know... take 'em out.
我跟汤姆一起去了厕所 你们懂的 我们把家伙都掏了出来
And I say, "Size more? Try size less."
我就说 大一号 还是再小一号吧
I wanna go to rehab and compare penises with famous people.
我也想去戒毒 和名人比谁的鸟大
All I could done, kiddo.
爷可以满足你 小子
Well, uh, Pierce , we're very glad to have you back.
皮尔斯 我们很高兴你回来
I'm assuming. You?
我是这样想的 你们呢
So...what should we do now?
那...我们现在干什么
Well, I don't wanna be that guy, but I guess we should start studying anthropology.
尽管我不想当扫兴鬼 但是我们得开始学习人类学了
Okay.
好吧
Okay. Um...
好吧
Chapter Four.
第四章
Hello! - Oh, thank god!
大家好 -谢天谢地
Yes!
赞
Oh, my god.
天啊
Thank you. - What is it, Dean?
感谢你们 -什么事 院长
Oh, haha. I have exciting news.
我有好消息
Vice President Joe Biden has been visiting community colleges across the country as part of his "Biden Time Talkin' 'bout Teachin'" Tour .
美国副总统乔·拜登 正在全国走访社区大学 进行他的 拜登谈教育 巡讲
Mm, folksy, yet progressive .
亲民 而又与时俱进
He does walk that line.
他的确有那种风范
Anyway , his tour is taking him to this neck of the woods, In 5:00 p.m. today, he is stopping by Greendale!
总之呢 他的巡讲来到了咱们这儿疙瘩 在今天下午 他就会抵达格林德尔
Eat that, city college and wash it down with a nice tall glass of suck it.
羡慕去吧 城市学院 愿你们喝下一大杯 嫉妒恨
The Vice President is coming.
副总统要来了
- compare — v. 比较;对比;与…类似(或相似);表明…与…相似; n. 比较;
- Pierce — v. 穿透;扎;刺破;穿过; n. 皮尔斯;
- Chapter — n.章,回;(俱乐部、协会等的)分会;人生或历史上的重要时期; vt.把…分成章节;
- Vice — n.恶习;缺点;[机]老虎钳;卖淫; prep.代替; vt.钳住; adj.副的;代替的;
- President — n.总统;董事长; 校长;
- community — n.社区;[生态]群落;共同体;团体;
- Tour — n.旅游,旅行;巡回演出; vt.旅行,在……旅 游;在……作巡回演出; vi.旅行,旅游;作巡回演出;
- progressive — adj. 进步的;先进的;开明的;稳步的; n. 进步人士;开明人士;改革派;
- Anyway — adv.无论如何,不管怎样;总之;
- suck — vt.吸吮;吸取; vi.吸吮;糟 糕;巴结; n.吮吸;
That explains the people I've noticed covertly surveilling the campus this week.
这也就解释了我看到的那些 秘密监视校园的人们
Must be secret service.
一定是特勤部的人
oh, Abed, will your reality ever come out on blu-ray
阿布蒂 你的真人秀什么时候出蓝光版
so we can enjoy it? - We've been made.
好让我们欣赏下 -我们暴露了
Only problem: Mr. Biden is supposed to be meeting with the Dean...
唯一的问题是 拜登先生本应该 和院长
and the head of our student government, which in its current form doesn't exist.
以及学生会主席会面 而我们目前连学生会都没 有
So we have seven hours to elect a student president.
所以说我们有七个小时选出一位学生会主席
Ah, what am I gonna wear?
我要穿什么呢
I mean , I could borrow my sister's Uncle Sam outfit.
我倒是可以借我妹妹那套山姆大叔的服装
It's tailored for ladies but what else can I do on such short notice?
那是按女士身材裁剪的 但是这种紧急情况我有什么办法呢
Well, you can not dress up like Uncle Sam.
你可以不打扮成山姆大叔
or admit you don't have a sister.
或者是承认你没有妹妹
We're electing a student president.
我们要竞选学生会主席了
I wanna run!
我要参加
I have so many ideas for improving the school.
我有很多关于改善学校的想法
Improving Greendale takes more than ideas, Annie.
改善格林德尔不仅仅需要想法 安妮
It takes time, gasoline , matches.
需要时间 汽油 火柴
Mm, nice.
说得好
Well, news flash , Jeff. Some of us care about more than just fixing our hair and sculpting our abs.
告诉你 杰夫 我们有人拥有更崇高的目标 而不单单是弄发型 练腹肌
Wow. You got me pegged.
天呐 你真是把我琢磨透了
- campus — n.(大学)校园;大学,大学生活;校园内的草地;
- reality — n.现实;实际;真实;
- current — adj.现在 的;流通的,通用的;最近的;草写的; n.(水,气,电)流;趋势;涌流;
- elect — adj.选出的;当选的;卓越的; n. 被选的人;特殊阶层;上帝的选民; vt.选举;选择;推选; vi.作出选择;进行选举;
- mean — adj.平均的;卑鄙的; 低劣的;吝啬的; vt.意味;想要;意欲; n.平均值; vi.用意;
- admit — vt.承认;准许进入;可容纳; vi.承认;容许;
- gasoline — n.汽油;
- flash — n. 闪光;闪光灯;闪耀;(尤指信号灯)闪亮; v. 闪光;掠过;(向…)用光发出(信号); 显示; adj. 庞大的;昂贵的;穿着奢华的;
Democracy . What a ruse.
民主制 真是扯谈
There's no such thing as a system in which
根本就不存在民主制
the masses hold any-- - Everyone wants you to shut up.
尤其是在这样一个... -大家都希望你闭嘴
And yet I won't. Case in point.
我偏不 刚好证明我的观点
■ ■ ■ ■ We tend to take democracy for granted in America.
在美国 我们总以为民主是理所当然
But the fact is men have fought and died for the sacred right we exercise today.
但事实是很多人为了我们今日 拥有的神圣的权利 抛头颅 洒热血
So anyone who wants to be president, line up by the ice cream machine.
那么谁想成为学生会主席 就到冰激凌机那去排队
Your applause will determine who gets into the primaries.
你们的掌声将决定谁会入围初选
And yes, this is a ladies Uncle Sam outfit.
没错 这是件女式山姆大叔服装
It's my sister's. It was last-minute.
是我妹妹的 但是我没时间准备
I had no choice.
我别无选择
I wonder if that's the same sister that tweets me to ask if I think her brother's cute.
不知道是不是这个妹妹给我发 推特 问我觉得她哥帅不帅
Jeff, what happened to that pile of campaign fliers I gave you?
杰夫 我给你的那沓 竞选传单哪去了
I hung 'em all up.
我把它们都挂起来了
Real nice.
算你狠
Is it too much to ask you to pitch in?
让你参与其中这个要求很过分吗I'm sorry, Annie. I'm not the worker bee type. 抱歉 我不是工蜂那种类型
I'm more of a silverback gorilla with the claws a lion, the teeth of a shark, and the quiet dignity of a tortoise.
我是银背大猩猩 有着狮的利爪 鲨的牙齿和龟的傲骨
All right. First up is this fella.
好 首先上场的是这位
- Democracy — n.民主,民主主义;民主政治;
- system — n.制度,体制;系统;方法;
- tend — vi.趋向,倾向;照 料,照顾; vt.照料,照管;
- applause — n.欢呼,喝采;鼓掌欢迎;
- determine — v.(使)下决心,(使)做出决 定; vt.决定,确定;判定,判决;限定; vi.确定;决定;判决,终止;[主用于法律]了结,终止,结束;
- wonder — n.惊奇;奇迹;惊愕; vi.怀疑;想知道;惊讶; vt.怀疑;惊奇;对…感到惊讶; adj.奇妙的;非凡的;
- campaign — vi.作战;参加竞选;参加活动; n.运动;活动;战役;
- pitch — n. 沥青;球场;柏油;(体育比赛的)场 地; v. 投;推销;抛;颠簸;
Let's go. Come on.
来 上来
All right, tell everybody your name.
告诉大家你的名字
Garrett. - okay, Garrett.
加瑞特 -好的 加瑞特
And why do you want to be president?
你为什么想要当主席
I wanted ice cream, so I got in line-- Okay, okay. He wanted ice cream.
我想吃冰激凌 就去排队了 好的 他想要冰激凌
So what do we say, gang ?
大家什么意见
Does he make it to the next round?
他能晋级下一轮吗
By applause.
用掌声告诉我
Oh! We've got our first nominee.
我们有了第一位候选人
All right, the bar has been set.
好了 标准已经订好了
All right, stand to the side. Stand to the side.
好的 站到一边 站到一边
You know what?
你知道吗
At least worker bees can set aside their egos and join together to support a larger cause.
至少工蜂能将自我利益放到一边 一同为了更高利益奋斗
Oh, right, because politics are all about larger causes.
是啊 政治最关心更高利益了
Face it, Annie.
面对现实吧 安妮
Politics are all about ego, popularity, and parlor tricks.
政治就是比谁能吹 谁受欢迎 谁会耍小伎俩
Don't kid a lawyer.
别糊弄我这个律师
Well, if I see one, I won't.
我要是看到律师 我会注意的
Oh, it's a girl! Look at this.
是个女生 看啊
She's got a yellow shirt and a hat.
她穿着黄上衣 戴一顶帽子
Who are you, sweetie?
你是谁 亲爱的
Uh, Vicki.
薇琪
Who's up for some Vicki, huh?
谁支持薇琪
Abed Nadir, I'm Special Agent Robin Vohlers.
阿布蒂·纳德尔 我是特别探员罗宾·沃勒斯
This is Special Agent Keenlan of The United States Secret Service.
这位是美国特勤局 特别探员基兰
Will you submit to a search of your personal belongings?
我们要搜查你的个人物品
Sure.
人称代名词; 好的
- gang — n. 一群;一帮;一伙(经常聚在一起的朋友);一队; v. 〈英〉去;把…编成班组;〈口〉合伙攻击;使成 套;
- aside — adv.离开,撇开;在旁边; n.旁白;私语,悄悄话;离题的话; prep.在…旁边;
- support — vt.支 持,支撑,支援;扶持,帮助;赡养,供养; n.支持,维持;支援,供养;支持者,支撑物;
- politics — n.政 治,政治学;政治活动;政纲;
- Agent — n.代理人,代理商;药剂;特工; vt.由…作中介;由…代理; adj.代理 的;
- submit — vt.使服从;主张;呈递; vi.提交;服从;
- personal — adj.个人的;身体的;亲自的; n.人事消息栏;
If I may ask, how did you notice the campus was being observed?
我想请问 你是怎样注意 到校园被人监视的
I guess I noticed because I'm used to being the only observer .
我之所以会注意到是因为一般只有我监视
Well, we're not used to being noticed.
我们很少被注意到
That sounds a little sad.
这话说起来好伤感
He's clean.
他没有嫌疑
Although I could issue a warning for this bootleg of The Last Airbender.
不过我倒是可以因为这张 盗版的《最后的风之子》发一份警告
Where were you a week ago?
你怎么不早一周来没收
You can keep it.
你留着吧
Well, another one makes the cut.
又一位成功入围
Congratulations, Leonard.
恭喜你 伦纳德
Oh, yes, wonderful.
太棒了
Next up, Annie Edison.
下一位 安妮·埃迪生
My name is annie edison.
我叫安妮·埃迪生
And if elected, I promise to make Greendale the signature community college of the entire western
如果我成功当选 我保证把格林德尔 变成格林德尔西部四分之三地区
3/4 of the Greendale area. - Annie!
最具标致性的社区大学 -安妮
Oh, whoa! Looks like you're in the running, annie.
看来你入围了 安妮
Looks like it is hard not to be. Next up-- I'm sorry. Hey, I got the heat, I gotta go.
看起来很难不入围 下一位 抱歉 我来感觉了 我先来
I believe that humankind need not be governed.
我认为人类不应该被统治
I don't care.
姐不稀罕
Well, it's good to know there's a floor on this thing.
还好 看来也不是每个人都能入围的
Thank you, Miss Perry.
谢谢你 派利小姐
Oh, Annie, I'm so proud of you.
安妮 我太为你骄傲了
People love you.
你很受大家拥戴啊
I believe this campus is a good place, filled with good people who just need someone to protect their interests.
我认为咱们学校是一个很好的学校 所有的人都很不错 只是迫切需要有人 能保护他们的兴趣所爱
Jeff Winger!
杰夫·翁格
My name is Jeff. I'm no politician .
我叫杰夫 不是政客
I'm just a fella.
我只是个普通的男生
- being — n.存在;生命;本质;品格; adj.存在的;现有的;
- observer — n. 观察员;观察者;观察家;观测者;
- issue — n.问题;流出;期号;发行物; vt.发行,发布;发给;放出,排出; vi.发行;流出;造成…结果;传下;
- signature — n.署名;签名;信号;
- entire — adj.全部的,整个的;全体的;
- politician — n.政治家,政客;
I think that beer should be cold and boots should be dusty.
我认为啤酒就该是凉的 靴子就该是脏的
I think 9/11 was bad.
我认为911是不幸的
And freedom, well, I think that's just a little bit better.
而自由 我认为 是比以上更美好一点的东西
The countdown has begun.
倒计时已经开始了
And fight tonight, one student will be president while the rest will simply be.
今晚之战 一名学生将荣登主席宝座 同时其余的人则将黯然收场For Greendale Campus TV, I'm Abed Nadir. 格林德尔校台 我是阿布蒂·纳德尔
I'm Troy "Butt Soup" Barnes.
我是特洛伊· 屁屁羹 ·巴恩斯
What? That's my name.
笑毛 这就是爷的名号
As we head into the first round of the debates, there are eight candidates in the lead.
首先我们进入第一轮辩论环节 有八位候选人脱颖而出
Annie Edison--smart, attractive , but easily vexed.
安妮·埃迪生 聪明迷人 但易怒
Leonard Rodriguez-- - did he change his last name?
伦纳德·罗德里格斯 他是不是改姓了Yeah, he's trying to court the hispanic vote . 是的 他试图争取西班牙裔人的投票
Alex "Starburns" Osbourne-- Creepy. Seems greek. Possible drug dealer.
亚历山大·星霸·奥斯本 怪人 瞅着像希腊人 八成是毒贩子
Jeff Winger. - Crowd favorite .
杰夫·翁格 -大众情人
They call him Hot Wings.
人称情圣翁格
Magnitude. - Short for magnetic attitude .
磁太太 -磁性姿态的简称
He's a one-man party.
他一人就能撑起聚会Pierce Hawthorne. The wizard of wet wipes. 皮尔斯·霍桑 湿巾大巫师
I live with that dude.
我跟这哥们一起住哦
He's got night terrors and a rotary phone.
他有夜惊毛病和一部转盘拨号电话
Garrett. - That guy's just a mess .
加勒特 -这老兄太怂了
It's like god spilled a person.
像是天上掉下来的
- attractive — adj.吸引人的;有魅力的;引人注目的;
- court — n.法院;球场;朝廷;奉承; vt.招致(失败、危险 等);向…献殷勤;设法获得; vi.求爱;
- vote — n.投票,选举;选票;得票数; vt.提议,使投票;投票决定;公认; vi.选举,投票;
- Crowd — n.群众,一伙;一堆,许多,大众; v.拥挤,挤满,挤进; vt.挤满,将...塞进;催促,催逼; vi. 挤,拥挤,聚集;
- favorite — n.幸运儿;喜欢的事物;特别喜欢的人; adj.最喜爱的;中意的;宠爱的;
- magnetic — adj. 像磁铁的;有磁性的;磁的;富有吸引力的;
- attitude — n.态度;看法;意见;姿势;
- mess — n.混 乱;食堂,伙食团;困境;脏乱的东西; vt.弄乱,弄脏;毁坏;使就餐; vi.把事情弄糟;制造脏乱;玩弄
And Vicki. - Yellow shirt, hat.
还有薇琪 -黄上衣 戴帽子
Girl--you know, you gotta ask yourself right now, Abed.
要知道 我们得扪心自问 阿布蒂
What's up with politics? - Yeah, yeah.
现在政治到底是怎么了 -没错没错
You're precisely right, Troy.
你说得很对 特洛伊
You know, I hear they're getting ready to start, so we'll turn it over to coverage of the debates.
据称他们已经胸有成竹蓄势待发 下面就来看看辩论赛的详细报道
Who's that?
那是什么人
Special Agent Vohlers. United states secret service.
特别探员沃勒斯 美国特勤处的
Do you just constantly have your own little side adventures?
你是不是经常有自己的副线故事
Yep.
正解
Me too.
我也一样
Jeff, knock it off.
杰夫 放弃吧
You're not running sincerely.
你根本不是真心来竞选的
You're not even interested in student government.
你对学生会全无兴趣
I know, and yet, the people love me.
我知道 可哥人见人爱
It's almost as if politics were a huge joke.
更显得政治不过是一个大笑话
Okay, look.
好吧 听着
I'm sorry I asked you to hang my fliers, but I suggest you drop out right now, because not only will I beat you,
抱歉之前请你帮我贴传单 但我建议你及早知难而退 因为本姑娘不仅要打你个风中凌乱
I will make you cry.
还要打的你内牛满面
Oh, I feel a slight ego blowing in from the east.
我感觉东边吹来了一阵 小小的自负之气
You're gonna feel my foot blowing in from the south.
待会让你尝尝我打南边踢来的无影脚
Bring it on, Ponce De Leon.
放马过来吧 庞塞·德莱昂
I'm gonna, Greg Muldunna.
拭目以待吧 格雷格·穆大拿
It's a real guy.
这人真的有
He owns a mattress store downtown.
他在商业区有个床垫专卖店
You can look it up.
不信尽管去查
Hey, Vicki.
嘿 薇琪
Vicki, look at me. Psst!
薇琪 看我看我再看我
I'm going to crush you. - Pierce!
我将会蹂躏你 -皮尔斯
Stop that!
别抽风了
I'm gonna eat your brains, Vicki.
我要吃掉你的脑子 薇琪
I'm gonna slurp 'em right out of that melon you call a head.
我要在你所谓的脑袋瓜里 吃他个唏哩呼噜
A reminder to all candidates: Your microphones are currently on.
提醒所有的候选人 你们的麦克风现在可正开着呢
- coverage — n.覆盖,覆盖范围;
- slight — adj. 轻微的;略微的;细小的;纤细的; n. 侮慢;冷落;轻视; v. 侮慢; 冷落;轻视;
- crush — vt.压碎;弄皱,变形;使…挤入; vi.挤;被压碎; n.粉碎;迷恋;压榨;拥挤的人群;
Well, they better be, 'cause I'm on fire up here.
开着最好 因为大爷我战火激昂
You freak people out, you know that?
你把大家吓着了 明白不
You look weird...
你长的很怪
because of your overbite.
因为你那一口大暴牙
Okay, let's just get started.
好了 赶紧开始吧
Welcome to the Greendale Community College Presidential debate .
欢迎来到格林德尔社区大学 学生会主席辩论赛
Candidates, if elected, what will you do?
候选人们 如果当选了 你们有什么措施
Oh, Annie?
安妮请说
I'm running on a platform of school improvement .
我的政治主张是改善学校环境
If I'm elected, the black mold will be removed from the east stairwell.
如果我当选 东边楼梯井里的 黑霉将会被完全去除
The assailant known only as "The asscrack bandit" will be brought to justice .
那群所谓的 匪帮 混混们 也会被绳之以法
And I will balance the school's budget by eliminating administrative redundancies.
而我将通过削减行政管理人员 来平衡学校的预算
Okay. I'm in the room.
好吧 姐还听着呢
Thank you, Miss Edison.
谢谢你 安妮·埃迪生
Mr. Winger?
翁格先生
Well, that's an important question.
这个问题非常重要
And it's important to students like Jeremy, who told me today that he is majoring in Astronomy and is supporting two children.
对杰里米而言 这很重要 今天他告诉我他主修天文学 家里还有两个娃要养
It's an important question to Maria, who's a beautiful latina born in Nicaragua, working in the cafeteria.
对玛丽亚而言 同样重要 她是一位拉丁美女 生于尼加拉瓜 在自助餐厅打工
What will I do, Dean?
我该怎么做呢 院长
Well, these people don't want me to say what I'll do.
这些人并不想听我满口承诺
- debate — n. 辩论;争论;考虑; v. 辩论;争论;考虑;
- platform — n. 平台;站台;月台;讲台; v. 把…放在台上[放 在高处;在…设月台];起草政纲;站在讲台上演说;
- improvement — n.改进,改善;
- mold — vt.塑造;使发霉; 用模子制作; vi.发霉; n.霉菌;模子;
- justice — n.司法,法律制裁;正义;法官,审判员;
- balance — n.平衡;余 额;匀称; vt.使平衡;结算;使相称; vi.保持平衡;相称;抵销;
- budget — n.预算,预算费; vt.安排,预定;把… 编入预算; vi.编预算,做预算; adj.廉价的;
They want me to do what I'll say.
他们想让我有诺必允
They love it when you shuffle the words around.
群众就爱这种颠来倒去的文字游戏
Magnitude?
磁太太
Pop! Pop!
噼里啪啦砰砰
Oh, no!
我晕
Same question.
一样的问题
Same answer.
一样的答案
Pop! Pop!
噼里啪啦砰砰Mind if I ask you a few questions, Mr. Nadir? 介意我问你几个问题吗 纳德尔先生
Okay.
问吧
Was there a specific reason you had to repeat the first grade?
你一年级留级有什么具体原因吗
Well, from what I'm told, I didn't know how to use scissors , I sat in the middle of the seesaw, and I always found the distinction between duck and goose to be very arbitrary .
据我所知 因为我不会用剪刀 我坐在跷跷板的 中间 还有我经常觉得 鸭子和鹅没什么大区别
Couldn't you just pick the Sixth Kid every time?
你每次都选六岁儿童任务题不就行了
That's what I...
我就是
would have done.
这么想的
I went with four.
我都选四岁的
Geez, get a room, you two.
哎哟 你俩干脆去开房好了
Pierce Hawthorne, your platform?
皮尔斯·霍桑 你有何高见
My platform will be one high enough to push Vicki off to her death.
内容是啥无所谓 只要够高 高到能弄死薇琪就行
Vicki!
薇琪
It looks like Vicki is out of the race.
看来薇琪退出竞争了
Oh, well, then I am too.
好吧 那我也退了
I was only here to get back at her for not lending me a pencil.
我来这就是为了报复她 谁让她不借我铅笔
Okay. Wow.
真大度
Uh, well...
好吧
Can we get back on track here?
能言归正传吗
I just want to get the black mold out of the east stairwell.
我只想把东楼梯间里 所有的黑霉都铲除
I just want to clean up greendale.
我只想净化格林德尔
Are you saying greendale is dirty?
你是说格林德尔很肮脏吗
Oh, boo.
说错话咯
Boo. - Well...
丢银 -呃
- specific — adj.特殊的,特定的;明确的;详细的;[药]具有特效的; n.特性;细节;特效药;
- reason — n.理由;理 性;动机; vi.推论;劝说; vt.说服;推论;辩论;
- scissors — n.剪刀;剪式跳法; v.剪开;删除(scissor的第三人称 单数);
- distinction — n. 区别;区分;差别;卓越;
- arbitrary — adj.[数]任意的;武断的;专制的;
Of course it's dirty.
当然肮脏了
Everyone knows that.
大家心知肚明
I don't, Annie.
我就不知 安妮
I think it's clean.
我认为这里很纯净
I think it's the cleanest school in the entire country.
我认为这是全国 最纯净的学校
You know it is.
就是
Looks like Jeff Winger's really got this thing in the bag.
看来杰夫·翁格势在必得啊
Sure does, Troy.
确实如此 特洛伊
Say what you will about this or that, but people just like the guy.
不管你怎么说 这家伙就是招人喜欢
Read my lips...
听好了
No matter what you're told...
不论何种言论
We have to clean the mold.
黑霉必须整顿
No matter what you're told...
不论何种言论
We have to clean the mold!
黑霉必须整顿
That's right, people!
就是这样 朋友们
No matter what you're told...
不论何种言论
We have to clean the mold.
黑霉必须整顿
Come on. - Yeah!
一起来 -耶
Well, this is interesting.
有意思
Annie Edison has reduced her platform to one issue and turned that issue into a sound bite.
安妮·埃迪生已将其政见 简化为具体问题 问题又简化为口号
And it rhymes and people love it.
还押韵呢 大家都喜欢
This election 's become a real horse race.
竞选已经进入白垩化
According to our polls, the campus is almost evenly divided.
根据民调结果 现在选民支持率 平分秋色
Now keep in mind the margin of error on this thing is about 98%.
大家记住 此项民调的误差幅度 约为百分之九十八
Could be higher.
或者更高
We don't even know how to do margins of error.
我们根本不知道怎么算误差幅度
We talked to two people at a vending machine.
就问了下自动贩卖机旁边的俩人
Well, I'm being told we're taking a quick break,
领导让我们休息一下
But stay tuned. - They have to stay tuned.
但别换台 -他们换不了
- course — n.科目;课程;过程;进程;道路;路线,航向;一道菜; vt.追赶;跑过; vi.指引航线;快跑;
- sound — vt. 听(诊);测量,测…深;使发声;试探;宣告; n.声音,语音;噪音;海峡;吵闹;听力范围;[医]探条; adj.健全 的,健康的;合理的;可靠的;有效彻底的; adv.彻底地,充分地; vi.听起来;发出声音;回响;测深;
- election — n.选举;当选;选择权;上帝的选拔;
- According — adj.相符的;一致的;相应的;和谐的;调和的; adv.依照;根据;按照; v.给予(accord的现在分词);使和谐一致;使符合;使适合;
- margin — n.边缘;利润, 余裕;页边的空白; vt.加边于;加旁注于;
- error — n. 错误;差错;谬误;
It's closed circuit television. - Don't know what that means .
这是闭路电视 -不懂你说啥
And we're out.
好了 掐
Can I get an apple juice, please?
给杯苹果汁 行不
Freshly squeezed this time or so help me god, Maurice.
拜托要鲜榨的 莫里斯
Abed, those guys in the suits are trashing your dorm room real bad, bro.
阿布蒂 那帮穿西装的 正在你宿舍搞破坏呢
What are you doing?
你们干什么
Random spot check, Mr. Nadir.
随机检查 纳德尔先生
Stay out of our way.
别影响我们
Nothing suspicious .
无可疑物品
Glenn, bring the car around.
格伦 去把车开过来
What are you looking for, Robin?
你在找什么 罗宾
Fertilizer , car battery , pvc piping, Anything suspicious.
化肥 汽车电池 塑料管 任何可疑物品
Because you think I'm suspicious?
因为你觉得我可疑吗
Or because you wish I was suspicious, so that you would have an excuse to see more of me.
还是希望我可疑 这样就可以借机多见我
This was a random spot check.
只是随机检查而已Do you like me? - That's not really relevant . 你对我有意思吗 -与这个无关
That's close enough.
到这就可以了
Are you sure?
你确定吗
You smell like nice soap.
你有一股香皂味儿
I have to go.
我得走了
I'm sorry you weren't a more obvious potential threat to the country.
你对国家的潜在威胁并不明显 我感到很遗憾
People are pretty excited about this black mold issue.
凶兆; 大家对黑霉这件事反应挺强烈
- circuit — n.[电子]电路,回路;巡回;一圈;环道; vi.环行; vt.绕回…环行;
- means — n.手段;方法;财产; v.意思 是;打算(mean的第三人称单数)[复数means];
- dorm — n. 〈美口〉宿舍;
- Random — adj.[数]随机的;任 意的;胡乱的; n.随意; adv.胡乱地;
- spot — n.地点;斑点; vt.认出;弄脏;用灯光照射; vi.沾上污渍;满是斑点; adj.现场的;现货买卖的; adv.准确地;恰好;
- suspicious — adj.可疑的;怀疑的;多疑的;
- Fertilizer — n.[肥 料]肥料;受精媒介物;促进发展者;
- battery — n.[电]电池,蓄电池; n.[法]殴打; n.[军]炮台,炮位;
- relevant — adj.相关的;切题的;中肯的;有重大关系的;有意义的,目的明确的;
- obvious — adj.明显的;显 著的;平淡无奇的;
- potential — n.潜能;可能性;[电]电势; adj.潜在的;可能的;势的;
- threat — n.威胁,恐吓;
We'll see.
咱走着瞧
For my closing statement , I'm thinking about smashing a watermelon with a hammer .
待会儿结题陈述的时候 我在琢磨 要不要上铁锤砸西瓜
Jeff, if I admit politics are stupid, Will you stop making them stupid?
杰夫 要是我承认政治很傻缺 那你能别在这搅浑水吗
You're gonna split the vote and starburns is gonna end up president.
你这样会抢选票 到最后说不定 让星霸当上主席了
I'm the only one up here who's trying to get something done.
只有我才是想做点实事的人
And you deserve to be allowed to do it?
你以为是想做就能做的吗
You're entitled to be president?
你当自己天生就是政治家吗
The gloves are coming off. You understand me?
那咱就撕破脸皮了 听明白没
I have an audio-visual presentation .
我手头有影音报告哦
Wow. I'm shaking.
哎哟 我好怕怕
You should be. You should be.
你是该害怕 你是该如此
All right, let us resume .
好了 我们继续
Star-burns, we haven't heard from you on this black mold issue.
星霸 还没听到你对黑霉这事 发表见解呢
Yeah, I actually withdraw my candidacy.
好吧 我要放弃候选资格
I fear a political career will shine a negative light on my drug dealing.
我怕参与政治 会给我的毒贩生涯沾上污点
Thank you.
谢谢
Dean, before this election stops being about the issues, I have a question for my opponents.
院长 在这场选举演变为黑霉讨论会之前 我要问对方一个问题
What's your favorite color?
你最喜欢什么颜色
- pretty — adj.漂亮的;可爱的;优美的; adv.相当地;颇; n.漂亮的人;
- statement — n.声明;陈述,叙述;报 表,清单;
- thinking — adj.思考的;思想的;有理性的;好思考的; n.思考;思想;想法;意见;见解; v.思考 (think的现在分词);
- hammer — n. 锤子;链球;榔头;(拍卖用的)木槌; v. 锤打;连续击打(尤指发出大声);猛 踢;猛击;
- split — vt.分离;使分离;劈开;离开;分解; vi.离开;被劈开;断绝关系; n.劈开;裂缝; adj.劈开的;
- deserve — vi.应受,应得; vt.应受,应得;
- presentation — n.展示;描述,陈述;介绍;赠送;
- resume — n. 简 历; v. 继续;重返;
- withdraw — v. 撤回;提;撤离;停止提供;
- career — n.生涯;职业;事业;速度,全速; adj.作 为毕生职业的; vi.全速前进,猛冲;
- negative — adj.[数]负的;消极的;否定的;阴性的; n.否定;负数;[摄]底 片; vt.否定;拒绝;
Mine's a three-way tie.
我最喜欢三色领带
Red, white, and blue.
红白蓝[美国国旗色]
Magnitude, a response ?
磁太太 有什么要说吗
I think you know, dean.
院长 你懂的
Pop! Pop!
噼里啪啦砰砰
Oh, I set him up.
我故意的
I have an audio-visual presentation, dean.
我要做一段影音报告 院长
Oh, well, that sounds interesting.
听起来很有意思
What's your presentation, Annie?
报告是什么内容 安妮
My presentation is a copy of Jeff Winger's 1997 audition tape for mtv's the real world.
我报告的内容是杰夫·翁格在1997年 参加MTV真实世界试镜的视频
What? What?
什么 什么
Let's just roll it. Thanks.
开始放吧 谢谢
Hey, I'm Jeff Winger and I'd love to be on mtv's real world: seattle.
大家好 我是杰夫·翁格 我想参演MTV的真实世界:西雅图篇
So check this out.
展示一下这个
Well I guess it would be nice if I could be on mtv So please please take a look at me for the real world
要是能上MTV 估计感觉不赖 所以请你请你看看我 来真实世界
Oh I'm gonna apply twice Where the hell did you get that?
我会申请两次 你从哪搞来的
Folks, who do you want shaking Joe Biden's hand at 5 P.M.?
同志们 你们想让谁下午五点和乔·拜登握手
Me or...
我还是这位仁兄
Shut up! I was, like, 19.
闭嘴 我那会才19岁
We've all been 19, Jeff, and none of us did this.
咱都年轻过 咱可没干这种事
None of us.
没人干过
to that sea town yeah Pop! Pop!
去那海边城市 耶 噼里啪啦砰砰
I hate you!
我恨死你了
I hate this school!
我恨这所学校And I hope you all get black mold poisoning! 我巴不得你们统统黑霉中毒
Oh, Jeffrey, no!
哦 杰夫瑞 别这样
I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!
恨你恨你 恨死你了
Oh, Jeffrey, no.
杰夫瑞 别这样
you've got to have Jeff Jeff Jeff Are you in here?
一定要选杰夫 杰夫 杰夫 你在里面吗
Yeah, to be alone.
在 让我一个人静一静
I've already established the men's room doesn't work.
躲进男厕也不行 我刚刚试过
You have an apartment .
你有家可回啊
There are people in the parking lot singing that song.
楼下停车场里的人 都在唱我那首歌
- response — n.响应;反应;回答;
- apply — vt.申请;涂,敷;应用; vi.申请;涂,敷;适用;请求;
- hell — n.地狱;究竟 (作加强语气词);训斥;黑暗势力; vi.过放荡生活;飞驰; int.该死;见鬼(表示惊奇、烦恼、厌恶、恼怒、失 望等);
- apartment — n.公寓;房间;
I went too far.
我做得过火了
I'm sorry.
真抱歉
I didn't know it would be that bad.
我不知道事情会一发不可收拾
You knew.
不是不知道
You didn't care.
而是不关心
But don't apologize .
但不用道歉
I got what I deserved.
我罪有应得
I am a gross , jaded adult with control issues that couldn't let a young, bright, idealistic kid run for president.
我只是个令人生厌的大人 疲于奔命 难以自制居然会阻止一位 年轻有为 前途光明 满腔热血的孩子 竞选主席
Wait, isn't there a final round of debates?
慢着 不是还有一轮答辩吗
Yeah. I-- You guys!
是 不过... 你们两个
You're missing it!
别错过好戏啊
Troy, I'm out.
特洛伊 我弃权了
Me too.
我也是
I withdrew my candidacy.
我退出了竞选
Nobody that treats a friend the way that I did is fit to represent the student body.
我这样出卖朋友 还有什么颜面 做学生会代表呢
Uh, yeah, I know you're both out.
我知道你们都退出了
I'm saying you're missing it.
我只是说 别错过好戏
It's the political showdown of the century.
如此政治对决 百年难得一见
Come on.
来吧
Pop! Pop!
噼里啪啦砰砰
Pop! Pop!
噼里啪啦砰砰
Pop! Pop!
噼里啪啦砰砰
Pop! Pop!
噼里啪啦砰砰
You should have stayed in the running.
你本该走到最后 坚持竞选的
You're the only real candidate .
你是唯一诚心参选的
No, I was just another jerk trying to win a contest .
我只是又一位 为求胜出不择手段的混蛋
You were right the whole time.
其实你一直是对的
I just couldn't admit it until I saw you running away crying.
我只是不愿承认 直到我看到你 黯然离去
Yay.
好耶
I care what you think about me, you know?
知道吗 我很在乎你怎么看我
Yeah, well, I care what you think about me.
其实 我也很在乎你怎么看我
That's why this happened.
一切因此而生
- apologize — vi.道歉;辩解;赔不是; vt.道歉;谢罪;辩白;
- gross — adj.总共的;粗野的;恶劣的;显而易见的; vt. 总共收入; n.总额,总数;
- adult — adj.成年的;成熟的; n.成年人;
- missing — adj.失踪的;缺少的; v.错过 (miss的ing形式);想念;漏掉;
- represent — vt.代表;表现;描绘;回忆;再赠送; vi.代表;提出异议;
- candidate — n. 候选人;理想对象;〈正式〉考生;
- contest — n. 比赛;竞赛;竞争; v. 争辩;争取赢得(比赛、 选举等);就…提出异议;
Okay, well...
好吧 那就...
resolved, then.
冰释前嫌吧
Resolved.
冰释前嫌了
When we seek to destroy others, we often hurt our self.
世事之道 欲伤人 先伤己
Because it is the self that wants to be destroyed.
因为自我总是在寻求毁灭
Pierce, you're not usually so poignant.
皮尔斯 这么看破世事不像你啊
Well, Vicki finally lent me her pencil.
其实呢 薇琪终于把铅笔借给我了
Oh, my god! Pierce!
天哪 皮尔斯
Go to the health center !
赶紧上校医院
Yeah.
说的是
Well, we've finally reached the end of election road.
漫漫竞选路 终有尽头
Arguments have been made, pops have been popped.
该陈述的都陈述了 该劈啪的也劈过了
Hearts have been stirred, perhaps broken.
几多心痛谁人知 梦碎肠断
The only thing that remains is to tally the vote in this matchup between the youthful, Charismatic Magnitude, and the Leonard "The human raisin" Rodriguez.
唯一照常进行的就是计票程序 这次巅峰对决的有志青年是 魅力无比的磁太太 和 瘪老头 莱昂纳德·罗德格里兹
Two men fighting for the same piece of earth.
一山难容二虎 相争必有一伤
One recently born. One soon to die.
一位初生牛犊 一位时日无多
A competition reflecting the pointlessness of life.
一场竞争折射灰暗人生
Pull up, Abed. You're in a nosedive.
快打住 阿布蒂 消极悲观了
I'm being told now that dean Pelton is prepared to announce a winner.
本台最新消息 派尔顿院长 即将宣布竞选获胜者
We take you now live to across the room.
现在镜头转到屋子那头 为您直播
Okay. Here we go.
好的 开始了
Thank you, Sergio.
谢谢你 塞尔希奥
With 11 votes cast-- 11? Come on, people.
有效总票数十一票... 才十一票 拜托
The landslide winner of the student election with seven votes is...
以压倒性胜利 赢得学生竞选 得到七票的这位同学是...
South park.
《南方公园》
Okay. You know what?
算你狠 知道吗
- finally — adv.最后;终于;决定性地;
- center — n.中心,中央;中锋;中心点; vi.居中,被置于中心; vt.集中, 使聚集在一点;定中心; adj.中央的,位在正中的;
- piece — n.块;件;篇;硬币; vt.修补;接合;凑合;
- recently — adv.最近;新近;
- competition — n.竞争;比赛,竞赛;
I seem to recall this is why we abolished student government in the first place.
我想起来了 好像这就是为什么一开始 我们就要废除学生自治This is exactly what happened ten years ago. 十年前那一幕 往日重现
Hey, how hard is it to get rid of black mold?
你说清除黑霉斑难不难
What do we need, buckets and sponges?
怎么清除 海绵擦水洗吗
I don't actually know.
其实我也不清楚
We'll look it up.
我们来一探究竟
m'lady.
女士先请
Well, there you have it.
现在为您播报
In a shocking write-in upset , The comedy central cartoon series South Park has been elected president of the Greendale student body.
非候选人获胜 爆出惊天冷门 中央卡通频道的系列动画《南方公园》 刚刚被选为格林戴尔学生会主席
Not that shocking to me. I voted for it.
意料之中 我也投票了
For real? - Mm-hmm.
真的 -嗯哪
Me too. Aww.
我也投了
We can never stop being friends.
哥们同心 其力断金
As the confetti gets swept away and we begin gearing up for next year's election, For GCTV, I'm Abed Nadir saying, "Did you know you could make napalm out of common dish soap and cat food?"
帷幕落下 曲终人散 让我们放眼明年的竞选 整装待发 这里是GCTV 阿布蒂·纳德尔如是说 知道吗 用罐头汤和猫食 可以自制汽油弹的
What?
什么
Why would you say that?
你说这个干吗
Vohlers.
我是沃勒斯
Yeah.
好的
I'm sorry, sir.
抱歉 先生
We're gonna have to move on to city college.
我们必须更改形成去城市学院
Apparently there's an elevated threat level at Greendale.
格林戴尔出现威胁指数升级警报
But don't worry.
但无须担心
I'll check it out...personally.
我去盯着...亲自盯着
Whatever.
随你便
I had a dream I was the regular president.
刚才我梦见自己当上正总统了
You've done so much for our city.
你为我们城市奉献了这么多
Kickpuncher, is there anything that we can give you?
殴级者 我们能为你做些什么呢
Don't call me kickpuncher.
别叫我 殴级者
- recall — vt.召回;回想起,记起;取消; n.召回;回忆;撤消;
- upset — vt.使心烦;颠覆;扰乱; vi.翻倒; adj.心烦 的;混乱的;弄翻的; n.混乱;翻倒;颠覆;
- comedy — n.喜剧;喜剧性;有趣的事情;
- cartoon — n. 漫画;底图;连 环画;[电影]动画; v. (为…)画底样;(使)漫画化;(把…)画成漫画[动画];
- series — n.系列,连续;[电]串联;级 数;丛书;
Call me...David.
叫我...戴维吧
This was fun.
真好玩
Maybe you can observe me having dinner next time you're in town.
你下次再来城里时 来监视我吃饭吧
Honk twice for "Yes," Once for "No."
按两次喇叭表示 是 一次表示 否
Cool. Cool, cool, cool.
收到 太好了太好了