I think I'm failing psychopharmacology.
估计我的精神药理学要挂了
Why are you taking that?
谁让你选那门课
I thought it was a class about crazy farm animals, okay?
我以为这门课讲的是 农场动物疯狂总动员呢
Let's finish the unit.
继续学习这个单元吧
I don't want to be late for lunch.
我可不想错过午饭
'"Amar" is "To love," right? Amar
的意思是 爱慕 对吗
Oh! Speaking of love, Shirley, how's it going with the sexy dreadlock guy?
说到爱慕 雪瑞 跟那位满头小辫的帅哥进展如何
Oh, I'm sure I don't have a chance with him.
我看肯定是没戏了
Abed and I talked to him by the vending machines.
我和阿布蒂在自动贩卖机旁跟他聊过
He asked about you.
他问起你了
He specifically asked about me?
他专门问起我了吗
When Annie brought you up, he specifically asked,
当时安妮提起你 他专门问道
'"Who is that?" - Abed.
她是谁 -阿布蒂
What? That's what he said.
怎么了 他就是这么说的
Abed, your social skills aren't exactly streets ahead.
阿布蒂 你社交能力还是没炼到 远界 水平
You know what I mean ?
你懂我的意思没
I don't. - You're not alone in this case.
不懂 -我也不懂
Pierce , stop trying to coin the phrase,
皮尔斯 别在那儿尝试杜撰词语了
'"Streets ahead." - Trying?
什么乱七八糟的 -尝试?
Coined and minted.
杜撰铸就成功
Been there, coined that.
有种你也来一句
'"Streets ahead" is verbal wildfire.
远界 会在潮语中形成燎原之势
Does it just mean "Cool," or is it supposed to be, like, "Miles ahead"?
意思是 很酷 呢 还是只是说 遥遥领先
If you have to ask, you're "streets fine".
你问这问题 说明你是 中间界
Okay, we can banter if we want to banter, but I'm warning you I am leaving for lunch early.
要继续瞎扯淡的话随便你们 不过我可先申明我要提前去吃午饭
Me too. - Me three.
我也是 -还有我
Streets ahead.
还有远界大师我
Man, you guys really love these stupid chicken fingers, huh?
你们就这么喜欢吃那垃圾鸡柳吗
- specifically — adv.特别地;明确地;
- social — adj.社会的,社交的;群居的; n.联谊会;联欢会;
- mean — adj. 平均的;卑鄙的;低劣的;吝啬的; vt.意味;想要;意欲; n.平均值; vi.用意;
- Pierce — v. 穿透;扎;刺破;穿过; n. 皮尔斯;
- coin — vt.铸造(货币);杜撰,创造; n.硬币,钱币;
Uh, they're not stupid.
那可不是垃圾
They're the only good thing in the cafeteria.
那是餐厅里唯一能下咽的东西
I haven't had one in weeks. They run out so fast.
我好几个星期没吃上了 太容易脱销了
If god were edible-- not that I'm catholic, but if it was cool to eat God, he'd be a chicken finger.
要是上帝也能吃的话 声明我不信天主 要是我能吃掉上帝的话 他最好是盘炸鸡柳
Well, I wouldn't know.
我不用烦心这事
I'm a vegetarian.
我是素食主义者
Shocker. - Yeah.
看不出来啊 -是啊
And if you guys knew how they treated the animals that you are eating, you would eat them even faster just to put them out of their misery.
要是你们知道 你每天的食物 生前有着何样的遭遇 你们肯定会更加飞速地吃了它们 好让它们早死早超生
And then you would throw up.
然后就会狂吐不止
I don't know.
我也不知道
Maybe I'm feeling extra protective of animals today because my cat is sick.
可能是因为我的小猫咪生病了 我今天格外地有保护动物的欲望
Oh, a cat? - That's awful .
猫咪病了吗 -太可怜了
He has diabetes.
它得了糖尿病
He can't even make it to the litter box-- Chicken run!
连走到便便沙盆的力气都没有了 小鸡快跑啊
I'm afraid that I'm gonna have to put her to sleep.
恐怕只能哄着它睡了
Ah, go on.
算了 去吧
God bless you.
上帝保佑你
Save some for me!
给我留一点
Watch out!
小心
■ ■ ■ Oh, I can hear those fingers calling my name.
我都能听到鸡柳召唤我的声音了
'"Troy! Troy!"
特洛伊 特洛伊
Troy, did you get my text message?
特洛伊 你收到我的短信了吗I think it's-- I got to stop hanging out with her. 好像是 看来以后得少跟她混在一起了
She sounds like a chicken finger.
她的声音听着像是鸡柳
Again? - Outrageous.
又没了 -太过分了
At least apologize .
至少要道个歉吧
How can you just stand there like a mute idiot?
你怎么好意思像个哑巴脑残一样站在那
Well, throat surgery might humanize you, but it doesn't make this acceptable.
做了喉部手术 我就原谅你了 可这事绝对不可原谅
- extra — adv.特别地,非常;另外; n.临时演员;号外;额外的事物;上等产品; adj.额外的,另外收费的;特 大的;
- protective — adj.防护的;关切保护的;保护贸易的;
- awful — adj.可怕的;极坏的;使人敬畏的;
- apologize — vi.道歉;辩解;赔不是; vt.道歉;谢罪;辩白;
So cute.
真帅
And I don't even normally like dreadlocks.
而且我一般是不喜欢满头辫子男的
Hello.
你好
His dreadlocks remind me of the predator, which is weird, because you're doing the actual hunting and you seem invisible to him.
他的发型看着像是捕食者 这很有意思 因为你才是进攻方 你完全被无视了
Abed, you know what I do? - Hmm?
阿布蒂 你知道我是怎么做的吗 -啥
Before I talk, I ask myself, "What am I about to say and how might it affect each person listening?"
张嘴之前 先问问自己 我即将说出来的话 会对听者带来怎样的感受
I'm really glad you said that, Britta.
真高兴你这么说 布雷塔
The idea that you compulsively filter yourself makes your lack of flavor kind of a flavor.
你这样强迫症似的自律 使你的无趣至极也别有一番趣味
Sorry, guys. They ran out again.
不好意思 又卖完了
Something's gotta be done.
得想点办法
Hey!
说你呢
What the hell , man?
你搞什么
That's half our problem right there.
一半鸡柳都跑那边去了Star-Burns works the fryer and skims fingers. 星霸趁炸鸡柳之便谋私利
No way.
不会吧
He gives them to people just so they'll act like he isn't Star-Burns.
他送鸡柳给别人 大家就装作不鄙视他了
Well, I may not eat meat, but I am not gonna eat that injustice.
虽说我不吃肉 但我绝对不能忍受这种不公平待遇
Let's complain .
咱们投诉去
If we complain, he gets a warning and learns to be sneakier.
投诉后校方会警告他 他就会学乖变为暗箱操作了
I say we knock him out of the kitchen and replace him with one of our own all in one move.
我建议 咱们把他踢出厨房 然后把我们的人安插进去 一步到位
- throat — n.喉咙;嗓子,嗓音;窄路; vt.开沟于;用喉音说;
- surgery — n.外科;外科手术;手术室;诊疗室;
- normally — adv.正常地;通常地,一般地;
- remind — vt.提醒;使想起;
- invisible — adj.无形的,看不见的; 无形的;不显眼的,暗藏的;
- affect — vt.影响;感染;感动;假装; vi.倾向;喜欢; n.情感;引起感情的因素;
- filter — n. 滤波器;过滤器;滤光器;滤声器; v. 过滤;渗入;(用程序)筛选;缓行;
- hell — n.地狱;究竟(作加强语 气词);训斥;黑暗势力; vi.过放荡生活;飞驰; int.该死;见鬼(表示惊奇、烦恼、厌恶、恼怒、失望等);
- complain — vi.投诉;发牢骚;诉说; vt.抱怨;控诉;
Then we're the ones with the chicken.
以后就是我们掌管鸡柳大权了
It's like a mafia movie.
就像是黑帮电影里那样
As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be in a mafia movie.
在我的记忆里 我一直想出演黑帮电影
Cool. - That's exactly what it's like, Abed, and you get the most important job.
太棒了 -就像是黑帮电影 阿布蒂 而你需要做最重要的工作
You're gonna be fry cook.
你去当炸鸡的厨子We may be watching different mafia movies. 我们看的不是同一部黑帮电影吧
You worked in your dad's restaurant, right?
你在你父亲的餐馆工作过 对吧
Well, you'll apply for the job after we get Star-Burns fired.
我们想办法把星霸开除 你就去申请那个职位
I don't know about that.
我不知道
I don't know about the firing.
我不认为他会被炒掉
I think he really relies on that income.
我认为他很需要这份薪水
Yeah, man.
是啊
Every day you flock here like sheep and wait in line for a broken promise from a dirty system .
每天你们都像羊群一样排队 等待这个肮脏体系无法兑现的诺言
Back in those days, Jeff Winger was the guy that made things happen .
那时候 杰夫·翁格是事情的主宰
He always knew what to say and he always knew when to slap the table.
他知道应该说什么 他总是知道什么时候拍桌子
You want to be sheep, keep flocking.
你想当绵羊 就继续乖乖排队
You want to be wolves, form a pack .
想要当狼 就要组成狼群
And that was it. It was that simple.
就这样 他手到擒来
At that moment, we stopped being a family and started being a family... in italics.
那一刻 我们不再是普通的大家庭 而是需要用斜体字特殊标注的 家族
Britta got cozy with Star-Burns.
有的; 布雷塔对星霸施展美人计Can I touch both at--oh! - Yeah, do 'em both. 我能两边都摸一下吗 -没问题
- replace — vt.取代,代替;替换,更换;归还,偿还;把…放回原处;
- apply — vt.申请;涂,敷;应用; vi.申请; 涂,敷;适用;请求;
- flock — v. 聚集;群集;蜂拥; n. (羊或鸟)群;(尤指同类人的)一大群;
- system — n.制度, 体制;系统;方法;
- happen — vi.发生;碰巧;偶然遇到;
- slap — n. 拍;拍打声;类似拍打的声音; v. 拍;(尤指生气 地)啪的一声放下;啪地击打(或撞上); adv. 猛然;径直;恰好;正好;
- pack — n.包装;一群;背包;包裹;一副; vt. 包装;压紧;捆扎;挑选;塞满; vi.挤;包装货物;被包装;群集;
- being — n.存在;生命;本质;品格; adj.存在的;现
He lowered his guard, he was gone.
他放松了警惕 就被开除了
I mean, the way Jeff saw it, by not respecting us, Star-Burns had basically brought it on himself.
我是说 以杰夫的看法 星霸不尊重我们 他根本就是在自取其辱
And when his job opened up, we did what we had to do to keep the list of applicants to a minimum .
他的职位空悬时 我们竭尽全力 保证申请名单上的人数降到最低
I had worked in my dad's falafel restaurant, so I had a pretty impressive resume .
我在我父亲的炸豆丸子[中东特色菜]餐馆工作过 我有非常不错的简历
It's very impressive.
非常好
Especially your reference .
尤其是你的推荐单位
Just give 'em a call right now.
我现在给他们打个电话
But we weren't taking any chances.
我们要确保万无一失
The fix was in.
早就安排好了
Trump Tower , this is Donald.
川普大厦 我是唐纳德[美国商业大亨]
Well, he can deep-fry the hell out of chicken.
当然 他能把炸鸡变成一项艺术
I can tell you that.
这点我可以保证
Troy even applied for the same job and gave the world's worst interview just to make me look better and that was that.
特洛伊也申请了这份工作 为了让我看起来更出色 他故意交出世界上最烂的面试 大功告成
This was the glorious time.
现在是荣耀的时刻
No more racing to the cafeteria.
去餐厅不用跟赛跑似的
No more lines.
不用排队
To us, lines were for suckers, hacks, sheep.
对我们来说 窝囊废 输家 绵羊才排队
We were wolves.
我们是狼群
And we had the chicken to prove it.
我们有炸鸡柳作为凭证
To victory.
为了胜利
- basically — adv.主要地,基本上;
- minimum — n. 最低限度;最小值;最少量;极小量; adj. 最低的;最小的; 最低限度的;
- pretty — adj.漂亮的;可爱的;优美的; adv.相当地;颇; n.漂亮的人;
- impressive — adj.感人的; 令人钦佩的;给人以深刻印象的;
- resume — n. 简历; v. 继续;重返;
- reference — n.参考,参照;涉及,提 及;参考书目;介绍信;证明书; vi.引用; vt.引用;
- Tower — n.塔;高楼;堡垒; vi.高耸;超越;
- interview — n.接 见,采访;面试,面谈; vt.采访;接见;对…进行面谈;对某人进行面试;
- glorious — adj.光荣的;辉煌的;极好 的;
- prove — vt.证明;检验;显示; vi.证明是;
It feels unfamiliar, but it tastes like chicken.
吃起来还是鸡肉 不过感觉却不同
Hi.
你好
Hello. - You guys are lucky .
你好 -你们很幸运
They're always running out. - Would you like one?
炸鸡柳总是最先卖完 -你想要一个吗
Name's Shirley. Memorize it.
我叫雪瑞 记住了
I will, Shirley.
没问题 雪瑞
See that, girls?
看见了吧 女士们The universe goes by supply and demand . 供需关系统治世界
The more you take and use, the more it sends.
你拿走与使用的越多 得到也就越多
Somebody's been taking a little extra.
看来有人拿了额外的
What's in that container ?
里面装着什么
Eight fingers. - Abed.
八块炸鸡柳 -阿布蒂
Abed's study group.
阿布蒂的学习小组
Why are you giving Chang chicken?
为什么给昌炸鸡
We have an agreement. - But, Abed, if you get caught skimming, you get fired and we all go back to eating like Britta.
我们有协议 -但是 阿布蒂 如果你被发现玩小动作 你会被炒掉 我们又要像布雷塔一样吃斋了
Yeah, we put you in that job.
是啊 是我们给了你这份工作
I dressed like a crazy pharaoh for you, man.
为了你我可是打扮成疯狂法老了 兄弟
You make the fingers, Abed, not the decisions.
你做炸鸡 阿布蒂 不要做决定
I'm sorry. - It's okay, buddy.
抱歉 -没关系 伙计
But just remember these things have power.
但是要记得炸鸡柳代表着权利
So just let me know next time you have any more agreements, all right?
下次再定协议的时候 告诉我一声 好吗
Yeah, I agreed to give Chang eight fingers per lunch in exchange for a 10% bump on every spanish test for each of us.
我同意每顿午饭给昌八块炸鸡柳 换来每次西语考试加10%的分数 我们每人都有份
adv. Okay.
突然地,猛烈地; 好吧
- lucky — adj.幸运的;侥幸的;
- Memorize — v. 记住;记忆;
- universe — n.宇宙;世界;领域;
- supply — n.供给,补 给;供应品; vt.供给,提供;补充; vi.供给;替代;
- demand — vt.要求;需要;查询; vi.需要;请求;查问; n.[经] 需求;要求;需要;
- container — n. 容器;集装箱;货柜;
- exchange — n.交换;交流;交易所;兑换; vt.交换;交易; 兑换; vi.交换;交易;兑换;
- bump — n.肿块,隆起物;撞击; vi.碰撞,撞击;颠簸而行; vt.碰,撞;颠簸
Abed makes the fingers and the decisions.
阿布蒂既可以做炸鸡柳 也可以做决定
Yeah. - Yeah.
是啊 -没错
Oh, Abed, you're the best.
阿布蒂 你是最棒的
At Greendale, they were always out of chicken fingers, so whoever could get them had power.
在格林德尔 炸鸡柳总是不够 得炸鸡柳者得天下
And I was the guy in the apron, so I came up with a system and pretty soon half the chicken at Greendale was going out the side door.
我是戴着围裙的那个人 规矩就由我来定 没过多久 格林德尔一半的炸鸡都是从侧门送出去的
Everybody in our crew had a job.
我们的团队里各有分工
T-bone was the bag man.
特哥负责装袋
He'd move the fingers to a storeroom where two of the girls did the packaging.
他把炸鸡柳送到储藏室 由两位女士包装
We could trust them not to eat the supply because Britta was a vegetarian and Shirley figured that if she stole, she'd go to hell.
我们不担心她们吃掉炸鸡 因为布雷塔是素食主义者 雪瑞则认为如果偷吃了 她会下地狱
They'd hand the stuff out the window to Annie.
她们从窗口把成品交给安妮
She was the leg man and distributor.
她负责跑腿和分发
The crazy thing was it was their food and we were stealing it and giving it back to them like it was a big favor.
有意思的是这本来就是他们的食物 我们是把食物偷走再送还给他们 好像我们施了很大的恩惠
Nobody asked any questions because Pierce's experience as a CEO had taught him how to keep the wheels from squeaking.
没有人提出质疑 皮尔斯曾经的总裁经历 确保了整个行动畅通无阻
I had it all worked out on a schedule .
我让一切都进行的井井有条
You know, I've never been fired from a job.
你知道吗 我从来没有被辞退过
The minute before you thought about busting us, that was the minute you had a chicken in your hand.
在你想要抓住我们之前的那一刻 就在那一刻我们将炸鸡送到了你的手上
Really, it's just insulting that you're eating his chicken finger in front of me.
说真的 你在我面前 吃他做的炸鸡柳简直就是在侮辱我嘛
- whoever — pron.无论谁;任何人; n.《爱谁谁》(电影名);
- crew — n.队,组;全体人员,全体船员; vi.一起 工作; vt.使当船员;
- stuff — n.东西;材料;填充物;素材资料; vt.塞满;填塞;让吃饱; vi.吃得过多;
- schedule — v. 安排;预定;为…安排时间;将…列入; n. 日程安排;明细表;工作计划;(电视或广播)节目表;
Everyone had their hand out.
大家都闲了下来
Everyone wanted what we had.
所有人都对我们拥有的东西垂涎三尺
And Jeff had the most important job of all.
在所有人中 杰夫有着最重要的工作
He was at the top.
他高高在上
He was the boss.
他就是老大
He was our leader .
他就是我们的领袖
What the hell is going on?
搞什么鬼
AV kids hooked it up.
动漫系贡献的
Abed supplied the whole department with chicken fingers.
阿布蒂为全系都提供了炸鸡柳
You think that's good, check out my posse and Troy's monkey.
这不算什么 看看我的团队和特洛伊的猴子吧
Why do you have a monkey?
你为什么会有只猴子
Uh, it's an animal that looks like a dude.
因为它是只看上去很像人类的动物
Why don't I have ten of them?
这么酷的东东 十只也不嫌多
Guys, look what Abed scored for me.
伙计们 看看阿布蒂给我弄到了什么
It has a million zippers and it was free.
它有无数个拉链 而且还是免费的哦
Oh, robot. - I am a robot.
哦 机器人舞 -我是个机器人
I am programmed to love this backpack.
我被设定去喜欢这个背包
This is insane.
你们都疯了
More insane than programming them to replace auto workers?
比设定机器人代替汽车厂工人更疯狂吗
What?
什么
Okay, okay, if you're not in this study group, please.
好吧 不是这学习小组的 请出去吧No, no. - That means you, sexy dreadlocks, 不 -我在说你们呢 性感辫子哥
Britta's hairdresser... - What?
布雷塔的美发师 -什么Pierce's hackneyed entourage. - Hackneyed? 皮尔斯老套的跟班 -老套
You see the turban guy?
你看到那个戴头巾的家伙了吗
Yes, in a 90's ski movie that featured an entourage.
在90年代的滑雪电影中 那就是跟班的象征
Don't you guys think this is getting out of hand?
你们不觉得这有些失控了吗
Oh, we're not gonna get caught.
可我们又没有被抓住啊
We have campus security on the take.
学院保安都在掌握中了
Abed's got it all figured out.
阿布蒂把所有都考虑到了
- leader — n.领导者;首领;指挥者;
- auto — n. 汽车; v. 坐汽车;
- means — n.手段;方法;财产; v.意思是;打算 (mean的第三人称单数)[复数means];
- campus — n.(大学)校园;大学,大学生活;校园内的草地;
- security — n.安全;保证;证券;抵押品; adj.安全的;保安的;保密的;
Well, that's a relief .
太好了 真是一种解脱
Yeah, it's pretty cool being friends with the biggest man on campus.
是啊 和学院里最厉害的人做朋友真是特别爽
Isn't that right, Annie's boobs?
对吧 安妮的双峰
Please rename that thing!
重给那东西起个名字好不And this time, not with a contest on Twitter. 而且这一次 别在微博上与人争论了
It's his Twitter account .
那是人家的微博
He can do what he wants.
别人想怎样就怎样
They are my body parts!
这可是我的身体部位
You know what I don't appreciate ?
你们知道我有什么不爽吗
I do not consent to this! - I had sexy dreadlocks...
我不同意 -我和性感辫子男...
You wouldn't threaten a monkey.
你不能威胁猴子
I wouldn't threaten a monkey.
我就不会威胁一只猴子
They have more lactic acid than us.
它们比我们有更多的乳酸
Shared my chicken with him.
和他分享了我的炸鸡
Talk to the backpack. - I told you!
和背包说去吧 -我告诉你了
You're the worst, Annie. - Streets ahead!
你是最差劲的 安妮 -远界
Line starts behind you. - Oh, he's cool.
请到后面排队 -他不用
Six fingers every Wednesday.
每周三 六块炸鸡柳
Cool. And what can you offer?
行 那你能提供些什么I have a bicycle and I teach beginner's tennis. 我有辆自行车 我还教授初级网球课程
Cool. Okay.
很好 好吧
Six fingers Wednesdays.
每周三 六块炸鸡柳
All right.
好了
We'll be in touch, Janel.
我们会联系你的 珍娜
Thank you, Abed. - You're welcome.
谢谢你 阿布蒂 -客气了
Hey, Jeff. - Hey, buddy.
杰夫 你好 -你好啊 伙计
It's quite a setup you got here.
你这里差不多是个组织了啊
Yean. I'm pretty excited about it.
是的 我对此很激动
It turns out everyone has needs and everyone has functions.
我发现每个人都有需求 而且每个人也都有他的作用
Look, um, I've been thinking , maybe I need to hit the big red button and bring an end to this operation.
听着 我一直在想 或许我该按下红色大按钮 让这次行动结束了
- relief — n.救济;减轻,解除;安慰;浮雕;
- contest — n. 比赛;竞赛;竞争; v. 争辩;争取赢得(比赛、选举等); 就…提出异议;
- account — n.账户;解释;账目,账单;理由; vi.解释;导致;报账; vt.认为;把…视为;
- appreciate — vt.欣赏;感激;领会;鉴别; vi.增值;涨价;
- consent — vi.同意;赞成;答应; n.同意;(意见等的)一 致;赞成;
- threaten — vt.威胁;恐吓;预示; vi.威胁;可能来临;
- acid — n. 酸; adj. 酸的;酸性的;酸味的;尖刻的;
I mean, it's been fun, but it's out of control now.
我是说 曾经是蛮好玩的 但是现在有些失控了
Am I right? - I don't know.
我说的对吗 -我不知道
The entire campus is controlled by our group, our group is controlled by chicken, and the chicken is controlled by me.
我们小组控制着整个学校 炸鸡柳控制着我们小组 而我 控制着炸鸡柳
Float? - I'm good.
来口浮冰饮料 -不用了
Abed, the mafia movie is over.
阿布蒂 黑帮电影已经过时了
I'm not doing a mafia movie.
我没有在模仿黑帮电影
In fact, I don't need to use movies or tv shows to talk to people anymore.
实际上 我已经不再需要引用电影 或电视剧来与人交谈了
Before, I only needed them because the day- to-day world made no sense to me, but now, everyone's speaking the same language.
之前我需要它们 只是因为日常世界对我来说毫无意义 但现在 大家都在说同一种语言了
Chicken.
炸鸡
I understand people and they finally understand me.
我了解了大家 而他们也最终了解了我
Abed, eventually people are gonna get tired of chicken.
阿布蒂 大家最终还是会厌倦炸鸡的
I'm tired of chicken.
我就已经厌倦炸鸡了
You're not tired of chicken.
你才没厌倦炸鸡呢
You miss the taste of control.
你只是想念操控一切的感觉
Well, that's crazy.
那才是疯了
Is it?
是吗
Unfortunately , the very thing that drove you to this dorm room is what would prevent you from properly running this machine or even being a cog in it.
不幸的是 驱使你来这个房间的东西 是你无法顺利操纵这个组织的感觉 甚至于 你在组织里无足轻重
Your ego.
尊严受损
- thinking — adj.思考的;思想的;有理性的;好思考的; n.思考;思想;想法;意见;见解; v.思考(think的现在分 词);
- button — n.按钮;纽扣; vt.扣住;扣紧;在…上装纽扣; vi.扣住;装有纽扣;扣上纽扣;
- entire — adj.全部 的,整个的;全体的;
- finally — adv.最后;终于;决定性地;
- tired — adj.疲倦的;厌倦的,厌烦的; v.疲倦;对… 腻烦(tire的过去分词形式);
- Unfortunately — adv.不幸地;
- dorm — n. 〈美口〉宿舍;
Well...
好吧
I see. I see.
我懂了 我懂了
This has been about me the whole time.
原来这一直都是在针对我
You want a shot at the Jeff Winger throne?
你想要篡夺杰夫·翁格的王位吗
You better bring a powerful ass.
你最好有个配得上这王位的屁股
Oh, and for your information, I don't have an ego.
告诉你 我没你说得那么自负
My Facebook photo is a landscape .
我的Facebook头像 是张风景照
You're the best, Eduardo.
你是最棒的 爱德华多
Thank you all for coming.
谢谢你们的到来
Can we make this quick?
能快点完事儿吗
I need to give a banana to Annie's boobs.
我得给安妮的双峰喂香蕉
Abed is drunk with chicken power.
阿布蒂醉心于鸡柳大权 不能自拔
He's gone from lovable Johnny Five to Evil Hal.
他已经从可爱的 霹雳五号 变成了 邪恶哈尔
Hal Holb-- - Not Hal Holbrook.
哈尔·霍尔布...-才不是哈尔·霍尔布鲁克[美国演员]
What are you saying?
你要说什么
You all have to stop working for him.
你们不能再任他摆布了
Let this operation dry up and let his wheels spin down.
行动停止吧 让他邪恶的掌控停止吧
At which point you would be in charge again, right?
然后你就能重揽大权 是吧
What? - This is so sad.
什么 -太可悲了
You're jealous of Abed because he's providing for us.
你妒忌阿布蒂 因为他对我们有求必应
No, I'm concerned about Abed because he won't listen to reason .
我关心阿布蒂 他根本就不听忠告
Won't listen to your reason.
是不听你所谓的忠告吧
Why should he? Jeff's so not...
他干嘛要听 杰夫太不...
Say "Streets ahead" and die.
说 远界 你就死翘翘了
Streets ahead.
远界
You want to boss me around?
你想跟我摆架子充老大吗
Get me an entourage. Get Troy a monkey.
给我配个跟班 给特洛伊配只猴
That's what a real boss does. - Yes.
这才是老大应该做的 -正是
- powerful — adj.强大的;强有力的; adv.很;非常;
- landscape — n. 景色;乡村风景画;乡村风景画的风格;(文 件的)横向打印格式; v. 对…做景观美化;给…做园林美化;美化…的环境;
- drunk — v.喝酒(drink的过去分 词); adj.喝醉了的;
- Evil — adj.邪恶的;不幸的;有害的;讨厌的; n.罪恶,邪恶;不幸;
- spin — v. 旋转;纺纱;吐 丝;纺线; n. 头晕;(快速)旋转;常用于英式英语;晕头转向;
- charge — n.费用;电荷;掌管;控告;命令;负载; vt. 使充电;使承担;指责;装载;对…索费;向…冲去; vi.充电;控告;索价;向前冲;记在账上;
- jealous — adj.妒忌 的;猜疑的;唯恐失去的;戒备的;
- reason — n.理由;理性;动机; vi.推论;劝说; vt.说服;推论;辩论;
We probably shouldn't even be talking to him without checking with Abed.
没跟阿布蒂汇报 也许我们半句话都不该同他讲
I'm already trying him.
我正在联系他
He's not picking up. What did you do with him?
他没接电话 你对他做了什么
I don't believe what greedy sellouts you people turned out to be.
真不敢相信 你们变的如此贪婪兼过河拆桥
I'm not gonna stand here and be ignored.
我才不会站在这儿饱受无视
Shh! Voicemail.
住嘴 语音信箱
Hey, Abed.
阿布蒂
Jeff says you're not listening to him.
杰夫说你不听他的
Does that mean we shouldn't listen to him either?
这是不是表示我们也不该听他的呢
Oh, also, should we make special jackets for our crime family?
还有 是不是该为我们的犯罪家族 制作特别夹克呢
Like, blazers with chicken finger patches.
比如 把鸡柳印在夹克上
I don't know. Long message. I'm sorry.
你来定夺 我话太多了 抱歉
That's it! - Ooh!Abed!
够了 -阿布蒂驾到
Look, I'm walking out this door right now.
听着 我现在就要走出这扇门了
Okay.
请便
For real. - Good.
真的哦 -那再好不过
I'm not gonna look back.
我连头都不会回一下
Good-bye. - Good-bye!
再见 -再见啦
Abed!
阿布蒂
Hi! - Yes!
你好啊 -太好了
Anybody need anything?
有谁需要什么吗
Oh, everything. You look handsome.
需要很多 你好帅啊
I like everything about you now, Abed.
阿布蒂 你的一切我都喜欢
I want a new hairdresser though.
我要个新美发师
Yeah, I got you fired.
没错 我害你被炒了
You deserved it.
你活该
Maybe. Maybe not.
也许是 也许不是
The question is: what do they deserve ?
问题是 他们应得什么报应
Key to the kitchen.
这是厨房的钥匙
There's a valve on the back of the chicken fryer that's not made anymore.
炸锅的后面有个阀门 这种阀门已经绝版了
Now, say someone were to remove it.
现在嘛 有人要是去把那个拿掉了
The fryer wouldn't work...
油锅就无用武之地了
Forever.
永永远远
How petty do you think I am?
你觉得我有那么卑鄙吗
Jeff leaving the family didn't turn out to be a problem.
杰夫的离去 对大家并没有什么影响
- greedy — adj.贪婪的;贪吃的;渴望的;
- crime — n.罪行,犯罪;罪恶;犯罪活动; vt.控告……违反纪律;
- deserve — vi.应受,应得; vt.应受,应得;
Okay, I think we're set for the quiz .
好了 我想大家都为考试准备就绪了
Yep. - See you guys in class.
没错 -课上见
Oh, wait. Before you go.
等等 先别走
Here. - Oh, free notebooks.
给你 -免费笔记本
But the family's success started to go to their heads.
但家族的成功 已被他们视为理所当然了
They didn't have college ruled? - No, sorry.
这些没有印标准行距线 -没有 抱歉
It's okay.
没关系
Abed? - Yeah?
阿布蒂 -怎么了
Can I talk to you for a minute? - Sure.
能跟你说句话吗 -当然
We have a situation.
有情况了
Hey. - Who is this?
你好 -这是哪位啊
It's Travis.
这是崔维斯
You said you wanted someone in your entourage named Travis.
你说想要个叫崔维斯的跟班
Show him your license .
给他瞅瞅你的驾照
Travis is his middle name.
崔维斯是中间名而已
I go by Travis. - No, you go by the door.
但我还是叫崔维斯啊 -不 你还是从那门走吧
See you, Travis.
崔维斯 回见
Abed? - Yep?
阿布蒂 -怎么了
No, no, no, no.
不用过来
My monkey hates this caviar.
我的猴不爱这种鱼子酱Troy, isn't that-- They were spoiled, fat, lazy. 特洛伊 这不是那... 他们恃宠而骄 贪得无厌 好吃懒做
I'd given them everything and somehow I'd lost their respect .
我为他们鞠躬尽瘁 但到头来 我尊严扫地
So I did the only thing I could think of.
所以 我做了唯一能想到的事
I did what I thought Jeff would do.
我遵循杰夫的作风
I sent them a message.
让他们见识了我的厉害
These were the bad times.
这段时光不堪回首
There he is. - Jeff.
他在那儿 -杰夫
Jeff! - Jeff!
杰夫 -杰夫
Jeff! - Jeff!
杰夫 -杰夫
Abed killed my backpack.
阿布蒂残害了我的背包
And I caught him stuffing my man full of chicken and Tyler Perry has a whole series of movies about why that's wrong.
我撞见他给我的男人塞进 满嘴鸡柳 泰勒·派瑞有整整一系列的电影 阐明这种行径是错误的
That little Arab is off his rocker.
那个小阿拉伯人昏头了
- quiz — n. 小测验;知识竞赛;智力游戏; v. 盘问;查问;询问;讯问;
- license — v. 许可;批准;
- given — adj.赠予的; 沉溺的;规定的; prep.考虑到; v.给予(give的过去分词);
- somehow — adv.以某种方法;莫名其妙地;
- respect — n.尊敬,尊重;方面;敬意; vt.尊敬,尊重;遵守;
- series — n.系列,连续;[电]串联;级数;丛书;
He released Annie's boobs.
他把安妮的双峰放跑了
Annie's boobs could be anywhere.
安妮的双峰下落不明
Annie's boobs could be on the side of the road. - We got it.
安妮的双峰可能流落街头 -知道了
The monkey's name is "Annie's boobs."
那猴名叫安妮的双峰
Look what Abed did to my hair.
瞧瞧 阿布蒂对我的头发都干了些什么
I feel terrible for all of you.
我为你们深表难过
Wait, no, I don't, because I warned you about all this, but you were so high on your backpacks and hairstyles, you accused me of being jealous.
等等 我才不呢 因为我警告过你们 但是你们被背包与发型迷晕了头 你们指责说是我妒忌了
You were right. But what can we do?
你是对的 但我们该怎么做
I'm sorry, you brushed over that first part.
抱歉 前半句你一带而过了
Together.
一起说
You were right.
你是对的
Now what you can do is go home and write that on your bathroom mirror .
现在你们该做的就是回家 把这句话写在浴室的镜子上
Wouldn't that make it seem like I was right?
这样的话 岂不是说 我是对的 ?
Yeah, because it would be my mirror. - I don't have a mirror...
是啊 那是我的镜子 -我浴室没有镜子
It's not gonna be reversed because you're the one who-- As for Abed, for his sake , I guess I'll have to take him out.
这怎么会有歧义呢 因为你们... 至于说阿布蒂为了他好 我看我必须调教他一下了
Poor little guy.
可怜的小家伙
Oh, good. That's nice.
太好了 真棒
Abed.
阿布蒂
What are you doing?
你在做什么
Making tater tots.
炸土豆泥
You were right, people got sick of chicken.
你是对的 人们会对炸鸡腻味的
But I was close.
但我接近了
I just need a new food, a new system.
只需要一种新的食物 新的动作系统
I'm gonna experiment with jalapeno poppers next
下一步 我打算试试椒盐辣味什锦条
and then zucchini zircles. - I don't get it.
还有西葫芦拼盘 -我不明白
It's not that complicated , Jeff.
杰夫 这并不复杂
They replaced the "C" in circle with a "Z" For zucchini.
只是把拼盘这个单词的C 换成了Z
- terrible — adj.可怕的;很糟的;令人讨厌的; adv.很,非常;
- mirror — n.镜子;真实的写照;榜样; vt.反射;反 映;
- sake — n.目的;利益;理由;日本米酒;
- complicated — adj.难懂的,复杂的;
No, no, I mean, why are you here?
不是这个 我是问你为什么在这儿
You said you were close?
你说自己接近了
What were you close to?
接近了什么
To the group?
学习小组吗
To people?
人类?
Please don't do a special episode about me.
别在我身上弄个特别辑出来
Oh, I wouldn't dream of it.
我想都不会想
Everyone else needs my help.
人人都需要我的帮助
That's what people don't get, is that they need to get me.
但大家不明白 他们需要理解我
I just need to be able to connect to people like you can, and then I can make everyone happy.
我只是想要和你一样 能与人沟通 这样我可以让每个人都快乐
Do you know why I'm here?
知道我为什么在这里吗
You got caught with a fake bachelor's degree .
你的假文凭曝光了 才沦落此地
By the way, they started using that as a seasonal arc on "Law & Order ".
顺便说下 《法律与秩序》的整季架构也用了这招
Total rip off.
真是欺骗观众
I'm here to dismantle the fryer, to cut your power off at its source .
我是来拆除炸锅的 从源头 掐断你的权力
Don't you see what happened?
你还没认识到发生了什么事吗
I manipulated the group into getting you the fry cook job so I could have some chicken.
我操纵小组 让你得到这份工作 这样我就有炸鸡吃
And you turned it all into a way to make everyone like you.
而你却利用这职位 让每个人都喜欢你
Made me ashamed of myself.
让我觉得丢人
Made me jealous.
让我觉得妒忌
Maybe this is a special episode.
也许这是特别辑
It's pretty alarming behavior , Jeff. - Yeah.
杰夫 这可是警钟 -是的
You know, there's specialists you could talk to.
反应; 这里有个专家 你可以聊聊
- episode — n.插曲;一段情节;插话;有趣的事件;
- connect — vt.连接;联合;关连; vi.连接,连结;联合;
- fake — n.假货;骗子;假动作; vt.捏造;假装…的样子; vi.假装;做假动作; adj.伪造的;
- degree — n.程度,等 级;度;学位;阶层;
- Order — n.命令;顺序;规则;[贸易]定单; vt.命令;整理;定购; vi.命令;定货;
- source — n.来 源;水源;原始资料;
- ashamed — adj.惭愧的,感到难为情的;耻于……的;
- behavior — n.行为,举止;态度;
Yeah, maybe I should do that. - Mm-hmm.
是的 也许我应该聊聊 -是
In the meantime ... - Mm-hmm?
另外 -什么
Let's make a deal .
我们做个交易吧
I'll help you connect with people, and you help me do a better job with them.
我会帮助你和大家沟通 你帮助我与他人沟通得更好
Like "Knight Rider".
就像《霹雳游侠》[NBC经典罪案剧]
Exactly. Like "Knight Rider".
正是 就像《霹雳游侠》
Deal.
成交
I'll put on a leather jacket and make out with an aerobics instructor.
我会穿上皮夹克 和健美操教练亲热
You pull around front and comedically startle passersby with your ability to talk.
你就带喜剧色彩的周旋四处 能言善辩到足以惊吓路人[剧中情节]
Maybe we should just stay here and have a plate of chicken fingers.
也许我们应该就在这儿 享受一盘炸鸡柳帅 Cool.
Can we eat them while sitting on a table like in "Sixteen Candles"?
我们能坐在桌上吃吗 就像电影《十六支蜡烛》 [84年青春片]
Pick one reference, Abed. - "Sixteen Candles"
阿布蒂 只能选一个作参考 -《十六支蜡烛》
And just like that, the mafia movie was over.
就这样 黑帮电影结束了
I quit the fry cook job, somewhat for the sake of the family, but mostly for the sake of jeff's ego.
我辞掉了炸鸡柳的工作 有几分是为了这个大家庭 但最主要 是为了杰夫的尊严
Poor guy.
可怜的杰夫
Things went back to normal.
一切都回归正轨
Now everyone's back to being a bunch of regular schnooks, and I'm back to being a weirdo, back to watching from the outside ...
大家都做回了正常笨蛋团体中的一员 我也回到了怪胎的角色 和以前一样 热眼旁观
For now.
之外; 暂时的
- meantime — n.其时,其间; adv.同时;其间;
- deal — vt.处理;给予;分配;发牌; vi.处理;讨论;对待;做生意; n.交易;(美)政策;待遇;份量;
- leather — n.皮革;皮革制品; vt.用皮革包盖;抽打; adj.皮的;皮革制的;
- ability — n.能力,能耐;才能;
- plate — n.碟;金属板;金属牌;感光底片; vt.电镀;给…装甲;
- quit — vt.离开;放 弃;停止;使…解除; vi.离开;辞职;停止; n.离开;[计]退出; adj.摆脱了…的;已经了结的;
- somewhat — n.几 分;某物; adv.有点;多少;几分;稍微;
- bunch — n.群;串;突出物; vi.隆起;打褶;形成一串; vt.使成一串;使打 褶;
- outside — adj.外面的,外部的;外来的; n.外部;外观; adv.在外面,向外面;在室外; prep.在…范围
There's still not enough chicken fingers.
炸鸡柳总是不够
No way. - What?
不是吧 -什么
'Cause as soon as our family moved out, a new syndicate moved in to take its place.
因为我们这个家族刚退出 马上有新的集团上位
But you know what they'll never make a replacement for?
但你知道他们永远无法替代的角色是什么吗
Friends.
朋友
Okay, thank you. That's great, Abed.
谢谢 阿布蒂 非常好
But could you just answer the question?
但你能直接回答问题吗
What was it?
什么问题
Do you know who might have stolen a box of hairnets from the kitchen?
你是否知道 有可能是谁 从厨房偷了一盒发网
Someone with hair. - I'm gonna write that down.
有头发的人 -我写下这点
Ready? - Mm-hmm.
准备好了吗 -嗯
Never been done.
没玩过的
That's nice. - Here I come.
不错 -我来了
Back up at same stairs. - It's good.
同一楼梯走上来 -很好
Double escalator.
上下扶手电梯
I haven't see that before. How did you think of that?
我没见过这个 你们怎么会想到的
And now for our signature trick.
现在送上经典桥段
Awesome elevator .
劲爆电梯
No. - I can't do it.
不看了 -看不下去了
I got babies. I gotta get home.
家里还有孩子呢 我得回去了
It's their loss. - Yeah.
不看是损失 -是的
That was awesome. - Yeah.
劲爆换衫 -没错
- replacement — n. 替换;更换;替代品;接替者;
- signature — n.署名;签名;信号;
- elevator — n.电梯;升降机; 升降舵;起卸机;