Good morning.
早上好
How do we turn this off?
这个怎么关掉
Can you help me turn this off?
过来帮我关一下
How do we turn this off? Can you help me with this?
这个怎么关掉 你帮下我好吗
Oh, thank you, thank you so much. I didn't mean to snap .
谢谢 太谢谢了 我不是故意弄出噪音的
Good morning.
早上好
Many of you are halfway through your first week here at Greendale. And as your Dean, I thought I would share a few thoughts of wisdom and inspiration.
你们中的大多数 在格林德尔刚上课半周 作为院长 我觉得应该 和大家分享一些智慧和灵感
What is community college?
什么是社区大学
Well, you've heard all kinds of things.
大家肯定听说了很多风言风语
You've heard it's loser college for remedial teens, 20-something dropouts, middle-age divorcees, and old people keeping their minds active as they circle the drain of eternity.
说我们是废柴大学 专收 差生补习班的少年 二十多岁的辍学生 中年离异者 以及那些不活个万万岁不罢休 怕自己染上老年痴呆的人
That's what you heard.
听到的是这些 没错吧
However, I wish you luck!
不管怎样 祝大家好运
Okay, you know Okay, there's more to this speech.
好了 现在 等等 演讲还没完
There's actually a middle card that is missing.
我掉了一张提示卡
Can we all look around our immediate areas, cause I really wanted to...
大家看看周围有没有 因为我很想...
I'm only half-Arabic, actually.
其实我是阿拉伯混血
My dad is Palestinian. He's a U.S. citizen.
我爸是巴勒斯坦人 他是美国公民
He's not a threat to national security or anything.
他不是个威胁国家安全的危险份子
A lot of people want to know that after they meet him, because he has an angry energy.But not, like, angry at America.
很多人见过他后都想知道他是否危险 因为他脾气暴躁 但不是针对美国
- mean — adj.平均的;卑鄙的;低劣的;吝啬的; vt.意味;想要;意欲; n.平均值; vi.用意;
- snap — adv. 突然; v. (使咔嚓)断裂;移到某位置;厉声说;怒气冲冲地说; n. (尤指关上或断裂的声音)啪嗒声;(尤指抢拍的)照 片; abbr. (=systems for nuclear auxiliary power)核辅助动力系统; adj. 匆忙的;仓促的; int. (在“对儿”牌游戏中出现同样的牌时喊的)对儿;
- share — vt.分享,分担;分配; vi.共享;分担; n.份额;股 份;
- wisdom — n. 智慧;明智;才智;学问;
- community — n.社区;[生态]群落;共同体;团体;
- active — adj.积极 的;活跃的;主动的;有效的;现役的; n.主动语态;积极分子;
- drain — vi.排水;流干; vt.喝光,耗尽;使流出;排 掉水; n.排水;下水道,排水管;消耗;
- missing — adj.失踪的;缺少的; v.错过(miss的ing形式);想念;漏掉;
- threat — n.威胁,恐吓;凶兆;
- security — n.安全;保证;证券;抵押品; adj.安全的;保安的;保密的;
Just angry at my mom for leaving him.
只是痛恨我妈离开了他
Although she did leave because he was angry.
但我妈也是因为他太凶才离开的
And he was angry because she's American.
他凶我妈是因为她是美国人
My name's Abed, by the way.
我叫阿布蒂 顺便说一下
Abed, nice to know you and then meet you in that order .
阿布蒂 很高兴先了解你再认识你
Now about that question that I had?
我刚才问你的是...
Five after eleven when you asked.
你问的时候是11点过5分
Abed? - Yeah?
阿布蒂 -什么事
What's the deal with the hot girl from Spanish class?
认不认识那个西班牙语课的辣妹
I can't find a road in there.
我打探不到
Well, I only talked to her once while she was borrowing a pencil, but...
我只和她说过一次话 因为她跟我借铅笔
Her name is Britta, she's 28, birthday in October.
她叫布雷塔 28岁 生日在十月
She has two older brothers and one of 'em works with children who have a disorder , I might want to look up.
有两个哥哥 其中一位 治疗儿童机能紊乱 这病我可能要去查查
Oh, and she thinks she's gonna flunk tomorrow's test, so she really needs to focus so she's sorry if that makes her seem cold.
而且她觉得 她明天考试肯定会挂 她要集中精力应付考试 如果因此显得冷淡 她很抱歉
Holy crap.
老天
Abed...
阿布蒂
I see your value now.
我看到了你的价值所在
That's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me.
这是别人对我说过的最贴心的话
Absolutely not.
不许进来
If these guys knew you like I did, they would've give you a small office.
如果校方像我一样了解你 他们就会给你一间小办公室
Jeff Winger!
杰夫·翁格
- order — n.命令;顺序;规则;[贸易]定单; vt.命令;整理;定购; vi.命令;定货;
- deal — vt.处理;给予;分配;发牌; vi.处理;讨论;对待;做生意; n.交易;(美)政策;待遇;份量;
- disorder — n.混乱;骚乱; vt.使失调;扰乱;
- focus — n.焦点;中心;清晰;焦距; vt.使集中;使聚焦; vi.集中;聚焦;调节焦距;
- Holy — adj.圣洁的,神圣的; 至善的; n.神圣的东西; (俚)太棒了;
- value — n.值;价值;价格;重要性;确切涵义; vt.评价;重视;估价;
Genius at law.
法律天才
You got to stop saying that.
快别夸我了
I will never do that. Sit down.
那可不行 请坐
I still cannot figure out how you got a jury to connect September the 11th with my DUI, let alone why that helped.
我还是不明白 你怎么让陪审团把911和我醉酒驾驶联系起来 更不懂 为什么这样我就无罪了
Well, 2002 was a simpler time.
2002年的日子比较好混
So what is my lawyer doing here?
律师大人 有何贵干
I'm a student.
我是这里的学生
Well, that cannot be an inspiring journey .
这里可不是静思自我的好地方
I am in a bit of a jam.
我遇到了点麻烦
The state bar has suspended my license .
律师协会吊销了我的执照
They found out my college degree was less than legitimate.
他们发现我的大学文凭 不够合法
I thought you had a bachelor's from Columbia.
我以为你有哥伦比亚[大学]的学士学位
Now I have to get one from America.
现在我必须在美国拿一个学位
And it can't be an email attachment.
电邮附件那种是不行的
Well, you've picked a fine school.
那你就选对学校了
Yes, and I'm hoping that our friendship will yield certain advantages.
是的 我希望我们的友谊 能为我带来优势
You know, academic guidance . - Yes.
学术指导 -没错
Moral support , every answer to every test for every one of the classes that I'm taking.
精神支持 我选的所有课的 所有考试的全部答案
Here's my schedule . - No.
这是我的课表 -不行
- Genius — n.天才,天赋;精神;
- figure — n.数字;人物;图形;价格;(人的)体形;画像; vi.计算;出现;扮演角色; vt.计算;认为;描绘;象征;
- jury — n.[法]陪审团;评判委员会; adj.应急的;
- connect — vt.连接;联合;关连; vi. 连接,连结;联合;
- journey — n.旅行;行程; vi.旅行;
- license — v. 许可;批准;
- degree — n.程度,等级;度;学 位;阶层;
- yield — n. 产量;产出;利润; v. 屈服;让步;放弃;提供;
- academic — adj.学术的;理论的;学院的; n. 大学生,大学教师;学者;
- guidance — n.指导,引导;领导;
- Moral — n. 寓意;品行;教益; adj. 道德的;道义 上的;道德上的;品行端正的;
- support — vt.支持,支撑,支援;扶持,帮助;赡养,供养; n.支持,维持;支 援,供养;支持者,支撑物;
Now, Jeff, just by asking that, you have insulted the integrity of this entire institution .
杰夫 你提这个 就已经侮辱了我们学校的正直与诚信
Waster! Not a bathroom!
废柴 这里不是厕所
Not a bathroom. - Okay.
不是厕所 -好的
Duncan, you did seem less into integrity the day that I convinced 12 of yours peers that when you made that u-turn on the freeway and tried to order chalupas from the emergency call box that your only real crime was loving America.
邓肯 在我说服12名陪审员的那天 你可没这么正直诚信 我说你在高速公路上突然调头 试图用紧急电话订墨西哥肉饼 唯一罪行就是热爱美国 你可没反对
I do love America. I love it very much.
我的确爱美国 很爱很爱
I love chalupas.
我也爱墨西哥肉饼
But...
但是
I'll look into it. - Thank you.
我会试试 -谢了
Duncan, you are a good man.
邓肯 你是个好人
Jeff, are you familiar with the adage, "Cheaters never prosper"?
杰夫 你知不知道俗话说 骗子不能飞黄腾达
No, and if I wanted to learn something, I wouldn't have come to community college.
不知道 如果我真想学点什么 我是不会来社区大学的
Hey! Spanish.
学西班牙语呢
Don't hit on me, okay?
别想着泡我 行不
I wouldn't dream of it.
我做梦都不敢
I just wanted to let you know about my Spanish study group.
我只是想跟你说 我有个西语学习小组
The guy who's playing bejeweled on his iPhone all class has a study group?
整堂课用手机玩宝石迷阵游戏的人 竟然有学习小组
Um, can I sign up twice?
我能报两次名吗
I'm taking the class as an easy credit .
我是冲着这学分好拿才选这课的
I'm actually a Spanish tutor .
其实我是西语家教
Board certified.
有资格证书的
- schedule — v. 安排;预定;为…安排时间;将…列入; n. 日程安排;明细表;工作计划;(电视或广播)节目表;
- entire — adj.全部的,整个的;全体的;
- institution — n.制度;建立;(社会或宗教等)公共机构;习俗;
- emergency — n.紧急情况;突发事件;非常时刻; adj.紧急的;备用的;
- crime — n.罪行,犯罪;罪恶;犯罪活 动; vt.控告……违反纪律;
- familiar — adj.熟悉的;常见的;亲近的; n.常客;密友;
- credit — n.信用,信誉;[金 融]贷款;学分;信任;声望; vt.相信,信任;把…归给,归功于;赞颂;
- tutor — n. 导师;家庭教师;指导教师;私 人教师; v. 进行单独(或小组)辅导;任…的私人教师;指导;当家庭教师;
Can you say that in Spanish now?
能用西语把你刚说的再说一遍吗
I really need help with Spanish.
我的西语 非常需要帮助
Yeah, I was willing to bet.
我想也是
I'm Jeff...or Jefe.
我叫杰夫或者老板[继续乱说]
The group meets at the library at 4:00.
学习小组4点在图书馆集合
Britta. Thanks.
我叫布雷塔 谢了
You're gonna be there?
你会来吗
Poquito mas That means see you there.
再多一点 这是 到时见 的意思
Shouldn't be too hard to fake a study group, right?
要伪造一个学习小组应该不难吧
Oh, Jeez, I'm sorry.
老天 对不起
I was raised on TV.
我是从小看电视长大的
I was conditioned to believe that every black women over 50s are cosmic mentor.
习惯性地认为 五十多岁的黑人女性全是 啥都管 顾问
Were you conditioned to pay for your damn taco, Sein-field?
那你有习惯付玉米卷的钱吗 宋灰
Yes, I'm so sorry. It's Seinfeld.
当然 非常抱歉 宋飞才对[《宋飞传》NBC经典喜剧]
Bien-- Bien-- Bienvenido.
欢 欢迎
Bienvenido.
欢迎[西语]
Hey, all right, come on in.
太好了 过来吧
Got the whole table.
整张桌子都是我们的
Yeah, here's the, uh... - The whole room.
这是...-整间房都是啊
contact sheet.
花名册
Just put your stuff there.
把你的信息写上吧
Man.
老天
Rest of the group is running late.
其他人都迟到了
But you and I can get acquainted.
但我们俩可以先熟悉一下
You may have noticed this morning, not so good at the small talk.
今早你大概注意到了 我不擅长闲谈
Yeah, I like big talk. What's your deal?
我喜欢来点实际的 讲讲你吧
That's not small talk?
这难道不是闲谈吗
What's your deal and "Is God Dead"?
说说你的情况吧 还有 上帝死了吗
All right, you want to know my deal?
好吧 你真的想知道我的情况?
I droped out of high school because I thought for some reason it would've impressed Radiohead.
我高中时辍学了 因为我以为这样就可以 让 电台司令 另眼相看[另类摇滚乐队]
You'd be surprised what gets back to these guys.
乐队重出江湖后 让你另眼相看了吧
- Board — n.董事会;木板;甲板;膳食; vt.上(飞机、车、船等);用板盖上;给提供膳宿; vi.寄宿;
- library — n.图 书馆,藏书室;文库;
- means — n.手段;方法;财产; v.意思是;打算(mean的第三人称单数)[复数means];
- fake — n.假货;骗子;假动作; vt.捏造;假装…的样子; vi.假装;做假动作; adj.伪造的;
- damn — vt.谴责;罚…下 地狱; vi.谴责; n.一点;诅咒; adj.可恶的; adv.非常; int.讨厌;
- contact — n.接触,联系; vt.使接触,联系; vi.使接触,联系;
- stuff — n.东西;材料;填充物;素材资料; vt.塞满;填塞;让吃饱; vi.吃得过多;
- reason — n. 理由;理性;动机; vi.推论;劝说; vt.说服;推论;辩论;
I, um-- I joined the Peace Corps.
我参加过和平志愿者队
Did a little foot modeling.
曾做过脚部模特
I got tear gassed at a world trade rally .
在世贸集会上中过催泪弹了
Marry me.
嫁给我吧
I guess, Jeff My deal is above all else, honesty.
我想 杰夫 我这个人 最根本的是看重诚实
Honesty? - Yeah.
诚实 -对
You tell me the truth, I will like you.
你说实话 我就会喜欢你
You lie to me, I will never talk to you again.
你骗我 我就再也不会理你了
That's my deal. - Ah, that's a good deal.
这就是我 -非常好
So what's your deal?
那你呢
Uh, I would have to go I would have to say, um, honesty...
这个 我要说 不得不说 也是诚实
Because...
因为
I would say anything to get what I want and I want you to like me.
为了得到想要的 我什么都肯说 而我想让你喜欢我
So, uh-- Wow. That's a very honest answer.
所以 那个... 这个答案挺诚实的
All right, for now I like you fine.
好吧 目前我喜欢你了
Really?
真的吗
Wow. You're easy.
你可真随和
Hell yeah.
那当然
Abed in the house!
阿布蒂来了
Why?
你怎么来了
Britta invited me. Is that cool?
布雷塔邀请我来的 没问题吧
Oh, I can't think of a single logical reason why not.
我想不出任何合理的理由来说有问题
Cool. - There you go.
太好了 -坐吧
Oh, hey, here.
这个给你
Put your contact info down right there.
把你的联系方式写上
That's right. - Cool, cool, cool.
没错 -很好 很好 很好
Cool, cool, cool.
太好了 太好了
Hey, this is kind of like "Breakfast Club", huh?
我们这情况有点像《早餐俱乐部》
We are in a library.
我们在图书馆
Yeah, I'm sure we've each got an issue balled up inside of us that would make us cry if we talked about it.
我相信每个人都憋了一肚子烦心事 只要一谈大伙儿就会抱头痛哭[电影中情节]
Do you have something balled up inside of you?
你心里有憋着什么吗
- rally — vi.团结;重整;恢复;(网球等)连续对打; vt.团结;集合;恢复健康、力量等; n.集会;回复;公路赛车会;
- Marry — vt.嫁;娶;与……结婚; vi.结婚;
- Hell — n.地狱;究竟(作加强语气词);训斥;黑暗势力; vi.过放荡生活; 飞驰; int.该死;见鬼(表示惊奇、烦恼、厌恶、恼怒、失望等);
- single — adj.单一的;单身的;单程的; n.一 个;单打;单程票; vt.选出; vi.击出一垒安打;
- logical — adj.合逻辑的,合理的;逻辑学的;
- issue — n.问题;流 出;期号;发行物; vt.发行,发布;发给;放出,排出; vi.发行;流出;造成…结果;传下;
Well, I got a little doozy in the chamber if things get emotional .
情绪化时 会觉得心腔有些异样
Oh. Hey, text message.
有短信
Let's give this bad boy read.
我来读读这小家伙
Hey. That's probably just for you.
这可能是私人短信
I've never gotten one of these.
我没收过这人的短信
They're-- It's probably-- You just-- "Say you have to pee. I need to talk to you."
这短信 可能 你只要 说你要尿尿 我有话跟你说
'"Say you have to pee."
说你要尿尿
That is weird.
太奇怪了'"Say you have to pee. I need to talk to you." 说你要尿尿 我有话跟你说
Do you have to pee? - No.
你要去尿尿吗 -不用
That's so weird. - Well, I'm stumped.
太奇怪了 -难住我了
That's very creepy.
的确很怪异
That makes two of us. - What's that?
我也这么觉得 -你收到的是什么
Does it say you have to pee?
也是说你要去尿尿吗
No, it's just someone with a misguided grasp of abbreviation.
不是 有人发了一个 难以理解的缩写
I just need five minutes, you guys, so go ahead and study all the verbs... in Spanish.
我出去五分钟 你们继续学动词 西语的
Abed? - Yeah?
阿布蒂 -什么事
What's your read on that guy?
你看那人怎么样
You look like Elisabeth Shue.
你长得好像伊丽莎白·苏[好莱坞著名女影星]
Just act natural. Pretend you're watching the athletic proceedings.
表现得自然些 假装在看这些运动员们
You couldn't stop me from watching them.
你想拦着我不让看都不行
There's a guy trying out for the track team that is older than the game of poker.
那位参加田径队选拔的老人家 扑克牌的历史都比不上他悠久
He is kind of cracking.
貌似有两下子啊
Suppose I was to say to you it was possible to get those test answers?
假如 我跟你说 有可能弄到那些考试答案
I would say, "go for that,"
我会说 去弄吧
- chamber — n.(身体或器官内的)室,膛;房间;会所; adj.室内的;私人的,秘密的; vt.把…关在室内;装填(弹 药等);
- emotional — adj.情绪的;易激动的;感动人的;
- grasp — n.抓住;理解;控制; vt.抓住;领会; vi.抓;
- Pretend — vi.假装,伪装,佯装; adj.假装的; vt.假装,伪装,模拟;
- Suppose — vt.假设;认为;让(虚拟语 气);推想; vi.猜想;料想; conj.假使…结果会怎样;
and could have said so in a text.
而且 这个回短信也能说
I'm asking you if you know the difference between right and wrong.
我是在问你 是否能分辨对错
I discovered at a very early age that if I talk long enough, I could make anything right or wrong.
我幼时发现 只要我说的够多 我就可以混淆对错
So either I'm God or truth is relative .
要么我是上帝 要么真理都是相对的
And in either case, Booyah.
不论发生何种情况[律师常用语] 哈哈
Oh, interesting.
有意思
It's just the average person has a much harder time saying, "Booyah," to moral relativism.
只是正常人 是不会对道德相对论 脱口而出 哈哈 二字
Duncan, you don't have to play shrink to protect your pride .
邓肯 你没有必要扮心理医生 来捍卫自尊
I accept. You're chicken.
我接受事实 你是个胆小鬼
Are you trying to use reverse psychology on a psychologist?
你试图对一个心理学家用逆向心理来激将吗
I am just using regular psychology on the spineless, British twit.
我只是对一个英国的笨蛋窝囊废用普通的心理学
I'm a professor. You can't talk to me that way.
我是教授 你不能这样对我说话A six-year-old girl could talk to you that way. 六岁的小姑娘都可以这样对你说话
Yes, because that would be adorable!
没错 那种情形会很可爱
No, because you're a five-year-old girl and there's a pecking order.
不 那是因为你是五岁的小妹妹 人家比你大 吼你是应该的
Fine! I'll do it!
行了 我会去弄答案的
Thank you.
谢谢
Yeah, pleasure.
不用客气
Bye!
再见
Yes! Good!
很好 非常好
Why am I still shouting?
为什么我还在吼
I'm drawing attention to myself.
太高调了
You guys aren't gonna believe this, but the rest of the group...
你们俩不会相信的 其他的组员
Is here.
在这里
Are you the board-certified tutor?
你是有资格证的家教吗
That means you do my homework, right, Seacrest?
就是说你能帮我做作业吗 美偶主持帅哥
- relative — adj.相对的;有关系的;成比例的; n.亲戚;相关物;[语]关系词;亲缘植物;
- average — n.平均;平均 数;海损; adj.平均的;普通的;通常的; vt.算出…的平均数;将…平均分配;使…平衡; vi.平均为;呈中间色;
- shrink — v. 收缩;减少;退缩;畏缩; n. 精神病学家;心理学家;
- pride — n.自豪;骄傲;自尊心; vt.使得意,以… 自豪; vi.自豪;
- reverse — n. 反面;背面;倒退;相反的情况(或事物); v. 颠倒;倒车;撤销;彻底转变; adj. 相反 的;反面的;反向的;背面的;
I need to call my babysitter if we're gon' be later than 10:00.
十点不结束 我就要打电话给临时保姆了
What board certifies a tutor?
什么协会给家教颁资格证啊
Where's Britta? - Not sure.
布雷塔在哪里 -不知道But I invited more people from Spanish class. 但我从西语班多邀请了几位来
Is that cool?
很棒吧
It's the coolest.
棒得没法儿说啊
I'm gonna go to the bathroom and bring my jacket, wallet , and keys with me.
我要去洗手间 顺便带走我的外套 钱包还有钥匙
In case there's a fire.
以防火灾
Should we go with him?
我们该和他一起走吗
I'm leaving my homework with Slumdog Millionaire over here.
我把作业留给 贫民窟的百万富翁
That's borderline racist, I think.
我认为他有种族歧视的倾向
And busted.
抓到了
Uh, listen.
听我说
Now you know. I'm a smoker.
现在你知道了 我是个烟枪
Yeah, but they're filtered, so that makes them safe.
但这是过滤嘴的 抽起来很安全
You ready to get started?
准备好开始了吗Looks like the rest of your group showed up. 貌似你的小组成员都到了
Yeah, not mine , actually.
实际上 那不是我招揽的
I think Abed took out a page on Craigslist.
我猜阿布蒂在分类信息网上打广告了
And I was trained never to say this...
我曾受训于绝不说出此话
but I think that group may be untutorable.
但我认为那个小组可能是朽木不可雕了
Oh, really?
是嘛So why don't you and I go study over some-- 所以 不如我们两个边学习边...
Dinner? - Or drinks.
吃饭? -或喝一杯
I think, actually, we should prioritize here and study first and then go to dinner.
我觉得应该分清主次 先学习 再去吃饭
And if they really prove to be untutorable, we'll slip out early.
如果证实他们真朽木不可雕了 我们就提前溜走
Oh...they will be...
他们一定会是
untutorable!
不可雕的朽木
All right.
好了
Look at this crew .
看看全体组员
All ready to study all night.
都准备好通宵奋战了
- wallet — n. 皮夹子;(携带文件用的)皮夹;
- mine — n.矿,矿藏;矿山,矿井;地雷,水雷; vt.开采,采掘; 在…布雷; vi.开矿,采矿;埋设地雷; pron.我的;
- prove — vt.证明;检验;显示; vi.证明是;
- slip — vi.滑动;滑 倒;犯错;失足;减退; vt.使滑动;滑过;摆脱;塞入;闪开; n.滑,滑倒;片,纸片;错误;下跌;事故; adj.滑动的; 有活结的;活络的; ;
- crew — n.队,组;全体人员,全体船员; vi.一起工作; vt.使当船员;
Well, I can stay at least till 10:00.
我至少可以待到10点
But who studies with strangers, right?
但谁会和陌生人一起学习呢
My name is Jeff.
我叫杰夫
Jeff, it's a pleasure.
杰夫 很高兴认识你
My name is Pierce Hawthorne and, yes, that is Hawthorne as in Hawthorne Wipes, the award-winning moist towellete.
我叫皮尔斯·霍桑 没错 就是那个霍桑纸巾的霍桑 得过大奖的湿纸巾
I was just going to ask.
我正准备问的
I'm also a toast master , so perhaps
我是个祝酒高手 所以或许
I should do the introductions. - Definitely !
应该我来做引荐 -非你莫属
All right, you already know Brittles. - Britta.
你已经认识布雷丝了 -是布雷塔
Abed. Abed the Arab.
阿布蒂 阿拉伯仔
Is that inappropriate? - Sure.
这样不合适吗 -不合适
Roy. Roy the wonder boy. - Troy.
罗伊 冒险小子 -是特洛伊
Little princess Elizabeth. - Annie.
小公主伊丽莎白 -是安妮
And finally , this beautiful creature is named Shirley.
最后 这位美艳不可方物者名叫雪瑞
Is that even close?
接近正确答案吗
I'd like to know why I had to find out about this group on accident ?
我想知道为什么 我是因为意外才发现这小组的
This is getting way more like Breakfast Club now.
现在这情形更像是《早餐俱乐部》了
There's breakfast?
有早餐吗
Okay, um, maybe we should get started-- You know, I've been a part of a lot of study groups, that fell apart because of unresolved tension .
好了 我们可以开始 我曾经参加过很多学习小组 但都因为未解决的矛盾而解散了
Shouldn't we address Annie's concern .
先来解决安妮的疑虑吧
- Pierce — v. 穿透;扎;刺破;穿过; n. 皮尔斯;
- moist — adj.潮湿的;多雨的;含泪的; n.潮湿;
- toast — n.干杯;烤面 包;接受敬酒的人;(在某领域)广受赞誉的人; vt.向…祝酒,为…干杯; vi.烤火,取暖;使暖和;烘烤(面包 片等);
- master — vt.控制;精通;征服; n.硕士;主人;大师;教师; adj.主人的;主要的;熟练的;
- Definitely — adv.清楚地,当然;明确地,肯定地;
- wonder — n.惊奇;奇迹;惊愕; vi.怀疑;想知道;惊讶; vt. 怀疑;惊奇;对…感到惊讶; adj.奇妙的;非凡的;
- finally — adv.最后;终于;决定性地;
- creature — n.动物,生 物;人;创造物;
- accident — n.事故;意外;[法]意外事件;机遇;
- apart — adv. 分开;分离;相距;不在一起; adj. (与众)不同的;
- tension — n. 张力;拉伸;矛盾;紧张局势(或关系、状况); v. 绷紧;
Did we not invite her?
我们没邀请她吗
Well, Annie, sweetie, it's not behind your back.
安妮 甜心 这可不是背着你的
Can we stop with the "pumpkins" and the "sweeties"?
小南瓜和小甜心这些 可以省了吧Being younger does not make me inferior . 年轻 并不代表低人一等
If anything, your age indicates you've made bad life decisions.
以你的年纪来说 也做过错误的人生决定吧
Shirley has a response to that.
雪瑞要对此做出回应
No, no, no. I don't.
不不不 我没有You should. It looks like you do. - Go ahead. 说吧 看来你就是有话要说 -大胆说吧
Okay, okay.
好 好
I'm sure I've made some bad life decisions and maybe Annie's decisions will be better.
我确信自己曾做过错误的人生决定 也许安妮的决定会比较正确
But I think she needs to decide whether she wants to be considered a child or an adult , because children get pity but not respect .
但我想她得决定自己 是要被当作孩子对待 还是成年人 因为孩子得到怜惜 但没有尊重
Adults, they get respect, but they also get the back of they head grabbed and their face pushed through jukeboxes.
可成年人 能得到尊重 但也会得到被抓住后脑勺 摁在点唱机上的待遇
Ok, why don't we try learning "jukebox" in Spanish?
不如我们学一下自动点唱机的西班牙语
What are you doing? - Pierce!
你干什么 -皮尔斯
Let's discuss this creepiness.
讨论下你这诡异动作
Pardon you? - What are you doing?
你说什么 -你在干什么
I'm certified.
我是专业认证的
Are you unaware that Shirley finds your advances inappropriate?
难道你没意识到 雪瑞对你的求爱很反感吗
What advances?
什么求爱
- address — vt.演说;从事;忙于;写姓名地址;向…致辞;与…说话;提出;处理; n.地址;演讲;致辞;说话的技巧; 称呼;
- concern — vt.涉及,关系到;使担心; n.关系;关心;关心的事;
- Being — n.存在;生命;本质;品格; adj.存 在的;现有的;
- inferior — adj. 较差的;次的;比不上…的;级别低的; n. 不如别人的人;级别(或地位)低的人;
- response — n.响应;反应;回答;
- adult — adj.成年的;成熟的; n.成年人;
- respect — n.尊敬,尊重;方面;敬意; vt.尊敬,尊重;遵守;
- learning — n.学习;学问; v.学习(learn的现在分词);
You have been sexually harassing me since the very first day of class.
开学第一天起 你就一直性骚扰我
Sexually harassing? What?
性骚扰 什么呀
That makes no sense to me.
这对我而言说不通啊
Why would I harass somebody who turns me on?
我为何要性骚扰让我有性趣的人
Saying she turns you on is the harassment, dude.
伙计 说她让你有性趣就是性骚扰了
I am a prominent business leader and a highly sought after dinner guest...
我可是一位杰出的商界领袖 还是一名很吃香的晚宴常客
And I will not take courting advice from some teenage boy.
我可不会接受十几岁小屁孩 的追女建议
Well, this teenage boy is a quarterback and a prom king.
这个十几岁小屁孩 可是橄榄球四分卫兼毕业舞会之王
You're not prom king anymore, Troy.
你可不再是什么毕业舞会之王了 特洛伊
This isn't Riverside High.
这里可不是河畔高中
How'd you know I went there?
你怎么知道我是那个高中的
Because you're still wearing your stupid letter jacket.
因为你还穿着傻兮兮的带字母的校服夹克
And more importantly, I sat behind you in the algebra !
而且 代数课我就坐在你后面
Well, you're the girl that got hooked on pills and then dropped out.
你就是那个磕药磕太多 后来退学的妞儿吧
You're little Annie Adderall.
你是小药丸安妮
Yes, and you are a stupid jock who lost his scholarship by dislocating both shoulders in a keg stand.
你还是个运动傻蛋呢 倒立啤酒桶上弄到俩肩膀脱臼 体育奖学金都泡汤了
Keg flip.
翻转倒立
They're very hard to pull off.
很难完成的
You don't know-- I'm a legend.
你懂什么 我可是传奇人物
You know what I got for christmas?
你们知道圣诞节我的礼物是什么吗
It was a banner year at the Bender family.
那可是本德家辉煌的一年
I got a carton of cigarettes.
我得到了一条烟
The old man grabbed me, he said, "hey, smoke up, Johnny!"
老家伙抓着我说 抽吧 强尼
- prominent — adj.突出的,显著的;杰出的;卓越的;
- leader — n.领导者;首领;指挥者;
- highly — adv.高度地; 非常;非常赞许地;
- algebra — n.代数学;
- scholarship — n. 奖学金;学问;学识;学术成就;
- banner — n. 横幅; adj. 为首的;〈美〉突出地支持(某一政党)的;
'"No, dad! What about you?"
不 老爹 你呢
Well, uh...that-- that actually was from the "Breakfast Club".
好的 这个 是《早餐俱乐部》的台词
'"Nobody puts Baby in the corner".
没人能把宝贝丢在角落里
'"Dirty Dancing".
《辣身舞》台词[宝贝是电影中女主角的名字]
Hello? - It's professor Duncan.
你好 -我是邓肯教授
Come to the parking lot now.
现在快来停车场
What's wrong with your voice?
你的声音怎么了
I'm disguising it.
伪装一下
Uh, I'll be right back.
我很快回来
But while I'm gone, you guys need to hash this stuff out.
但在我离开后 你们必须 通过讨论解决问题
No stone unturned.
想尽办法去讨论
Go!
开始
Get in the car!
到车里来
Act as if we've either just finished or yet to begin driving.
假装刚停车 或准备开车的样子
Every answer to every test in your curriculum this semester .
这是你这个学期的所有课程 所有考试的全部答案
I knew you could do it, buddy.
我知道你行的 老兄
Thank you.
谢谢
Whoa there, grabby-grabby.
等等 你个小贪婪鬼
What do I get?
我有什么好处
The satisfaction of being even.
把欠我的人情还清后的满足感
Even, fairness, right, wrong.
扯平 公平 对与错
There is no God. Booyah, booyah.
这里可没有上帝 哈哈 哈哈
What do you want from me?
那你想要什么
Your Lexus.
你的雷克萨斯
My car for a semester's worth of answers?
一学期答案的价值 能和我的车比吗
Will it be just a semester though, Jeff?
难道只有一个学期吗 杰夫
Won't you be taking the easy way out for the next four years?
接下来的四年大学 你不想走捷径吗
I want payment in advance .
我要预付款
I want leather seats with built-in ball warmers.
我想要内置保暖设备的真皮座椅
You know, bluffs this weak are how your people lost the colonies.
不痛不痒的唬人伎俩 正是你们 英国佬失去美国殖民地的原因
Have a nice disbarment hearing .
取消律师资格听证会愉快
- curriculum — n.课程; 总课程;
- semester — n.学期;半年;
- satisfaction — n.满意,满足;赔偿;乐事;赎罪;
- payment — n.付款,支付;报酬,报答;偿还;惩罚,报应;
- advance — n.发展;前进;增长;预付款; vt.提出; 预付;使……前进;将……提前; vi.前进;进展;上涨; adj.预先的;先行的;
- leather — n.皮革;皮革制品; vt.用皮 革包盖;抽打; adj.皮的;皮革制的;
What am I supposed to drive?
那我开什么
Why don't you take this car? It's good for the earth.
你为何不开我这辆 可环保呢
Yeah, so is wiping your butt with a leaf, but it's not how a man gets around!
用树叶擦屁股也环保啊 但人哪能这么混
A golf kart!
车烂得跟高尔夫车一样
It is a disaster in there.
里面完全是场灾难
Yeah, untutorable.
是的 朽木不可雕
You like Thai food? I love Thai food.
你喜欢泰国料理吗 我非常爱吃
Wait, so this is a game to you?
等等 这是你的计策吗
You put human beings into a state of emotional shambles for a shot at getting in my pants ?
你煽动得群情激昂 乱成一片 就是为了有机会上我吗
Why can't you see that for the compliment that it is?
你为什么不觉得我这么折腾是对你的恭维呢
Okay, okay, okay. I'm sorry.
好好 我很抱歉
It was an accident.
这是个意外
I did a little bit of lying to get close to you.
我撒了点小谎 是为了接近你
But how was I supposed to know that you were smart and cool.
但我怎么知道你既聪明又潇洒
I mean, you look like Elisabeth Shue.
你长得很像伊丽莎白·苏[苏早期角色多为花瓶类型]
You're unbelievable. - What do you want me to do?
你真是荒谬至极 -你想要我做什么
Oh, maybe one decent thing could be to go in there and clean up your mess .
去做件像样儿的事吧 进去收拾你的烂摊子
Okay, I am the Barack Obama of this room.
听着 我就是这屋里的巴拉克·奥巴马总统
Okay, if I do that, then dinner, right?
好吧 如果搞定了 就陪我吃晚餐 好吗
Yeah, fine, whatever.
好 随你的便
As if there's a dinner on earth that could make me forget you are a shallow douchebag.
难不成这世上有晚餐 能让我吃了 就能忘记你是个肤浅的人渣
Oh, you're gonna eat those words when you see my new car.
当你看见我的新车时 就乖乖把这话收回吧
- hearing — n.听力;审讯,听讯; v.听见(hear的ing形式);
- golf — n.高尔夫球;高尔夫球运动; vi.打高尔夫球;
- disaster — n.灾难,灾祸;不幸;
- pants — n.裤子;
- decent — adj.正派的;得体的;相当好的;
- mess — n.混乱;食 堂,伙食团;困境;脏乱的东西; vt.弄乱,弄脏;毁坏;使就餐; vi.把事情弄糟;制造脏乱;玩弄;
- shallow — adj.浅的;肤浅的; n.[地理]浅滩; vt.使变浅; vi.变浅;
All right, everybody!
好了 各位
I want to say something.
我有些话要说
Sit down.
坐下
You don't have to yell. I don't appreciate your tone .
你没必要大喊大叫 这语气我可不喜欢
You know what makes humans different from other animals?
你们知道人与动物的区别吗
Feet.
脚丫子
No, no, no, come on. Bears have feet.
不不不 熊也有熊掌
We're the only species on earth that observes Shark Week.
我们是地球上唯一观看《探索频道》 《鲨鱼周》的特种
Sharks don't even observe Shark Week, but we do.
鲨鱼都不看《鲨鱼周》 可我们看
For the same reason I can pick up this pencil, tell you it's name is Steve, and go like this.
同样的道理 我可以拿起这支铅笔 告诉你他叫斯蒂文 然后这样做
And part of you dies just a little bit on the inside, because people can connect with anything.
你们的内心深处 也有部分随它而去 因为人类与万事万物都有联系
We can sympathize with a pencil.
我们可以怜悯一支铅笔
We can forgive a shark.
我们可以原谅鲨鱼
And we can give Ben Affleck an Academy Award for screenwriting.
我们也可以给本·阿弗莱克 颁奥斯卡最佳原创剧本奖
Big mistake. - He's got a point.
咋颁给他了 -他说的没错
People can find the good in just about anything but themselves.
人可以发现万事万物的优点 唯独看不到自身的长处
Look at me.
就说我吧
It's clear to all of you that I am awesome, but I can never admit that, because that would make me an ass.
对于你们来说 我是明摆着很厉害 但我绝不会承认 那会显得我太自负狂妄
But what I can do is see what makes Annie awesome.
我能做的 就是发现安妮的过人之处
She's driven.
她纯洁无暇
- appreciate — vt.欣赏;感激;领会;鉴别; vi.增值;涨价;
- tone — n.语气;色调;音调;音色; vt.增强;用某种调子 说; vi.颜色调和;呈现悦目色调;
- species — n.[生物]物种;种类; adj.物种上的;
- observe — v. 观察;看到;庆 祝;监视;
- sympathize — v. 同情;赞同;支持;
- Academy — n.学院;研究院;学会;专科院校;
- Award — n. 奖;奖 金;奖品;奖学金; v. 授予;给予奖励;判给;
- admit — vt.承认;准许进入;可容纳; vi.承认;容许
We need driven people or the lights go out and the ice cream melts.
这个世界需要纯洁无暇 否则就暗无天日 冰淇淋也要融化了
And Pierce.
还有皮尔斯
We need guys like Pierce.
我们需要像皮尔斯这样的人
This guy has wisdom to offer.
他能够出谋划策
The Dalai Lama and I-- We should listen to him sometime.
达赖喇嘛和我 有时我们应该听他说说
We wouldn't regret it.
我们不会后悔的
And Shirley.
还有雪莉
Shirley has earned our respect, not as a wife, not as a mother, but as a woman.
雪莉已经得到了我们的尊重 不是作为一个妻子一个母亲 而是作为一个女人
And don't test her on that, because that thing about the jukebox was way too specific to be improvised.
请别向她求证这点 显然那个点唱机说的很具体很顺口 一点也不像是没经验临场发挥出来的
And Troy.
还有特洛伊
Who cares if Troy thinks he's all that?
谁在乎特洛伊觉得自己是世界第一
Maybe he is.
也许他是呢
You think astronauts go to the moon because he hate the oxygen ?
你们以为宇航员跑去月球 是因为讨厌氧气吗
No, they are trying to impress their high school prom king.
不 他们是想回敬说 高中毕业舞会之王 我们也不差吧
And Abed.
还有阿布蒂
Abed's a shaman.
阿布蒂是个善良巫师
You ask him to pass the salt, he gives you a bowl of soup, because you know what?
你让他把盐递给你 他会给你一碗汤 知道为什么吗
Soup is better.
汤更可口
Abed is better.
阿布蒂更有情
You are all better than you think you are.
你们都比自己认为的棒多了
You are just designed not to believe it when you hear it from yourself.
你们只是在听到自我否定的声音后 就故意否定自我的优点
Soup?
汤
I want you to look to the person to your left.
我希望在座每位都看着自己左边的人
Sorry.
抱歉
Look at the person sitting next to you.
看着坐你旁边的人
Look at her? Okay.
看着她 好的
This? - Yeah.
这个 -对
I want you to extend to that person the same compassion that you extend the sharks, pencils, and Ben Affleck.
我希望各位将对鲨鱼 铅笔 本·阿弗莱克的怜悯之情 也施与此人身上
I want you to say to that person, "I forgive you."
我希望你对这个人说 我原谅你
- specific — adj.特殊的,特定的;明确的;详细的;[药]具有特效的; n.特性;细节;特效药;
- oxygen — n. 氧;氧 气;
- impress — vt.盖印;强征;传送;给予某人深刻印象; vi.给人印象; n.印象,印记;特征,痕迹;
- extend — vt.延伸;扩大;推广;伸出;给予;使竭尽全力;对…估价; vi.延伸;扩大;伸展;使疏开;
I forgive you. - I forgive you.
我原谅你 -我原谅你
I forgive you. - You little twerp.
我原谅你 -你个小笨蛋
Pierce, I'd like you to say, "I forgive you."
皮尔斯 我想听你说 我原谅你
He didn't say it?
他没说吗
I forgive you.
我原谅你
You've just stopped being a study group.
你们不再是一个学习小组了
You have become something unstoppable.
你们是一个不可战胜的集体
I hereby pronounce you a community.
在此我宣布 联盟 诞生
Oh, that's nice.
真不错
I like that.
我喜欢
This isn't like "Breakfast Club" anymore.
这可不再像《早餐俱乐部》了
Now it's like "Stripes" or "Meatballs".
现在像《乌龙大头兵》或者《肉丸》
Anything with Bill Murray, really.
或是其他比尔·默里的非常棒的作品
I agree with Abed that tonight has been very special.
我同意阿布蒂 这是个特别的夜晚
And now, if you'll excuse me, I have a dinner engagement with Britta.
现在 我先告辞了 我和布雷塔约好共进晚餐
Britta?
布雷塔
I lied.
我骗你的
Thanks for calming everyone down.
谢谢你把大家安抚下来
But since you're not a Spanish tutor, just a lying creep who purposely upset everyone in an attempt to get with me,
但因为你不是西语家教 而只是个为了上到我就恶意挑拨离间 的谎话精
I'd appreciate it if you left and stopped wasting all of our time.
所以 如果你能离开这里 不再浪费大家的时间我会非常感激
Everybody ready?
大家准备好了吗
Fine.
行啊
And I'm happy to report that one of the benefits of being a lying creep is having all the answers to tomorrow's test.
我很高兴向大家宣布 做谎话精的好处之一就是拥有明天考试的所有答案
And I'm happy to share them with anyone whose time I've wasted more than they've wasted mine.
我很乐意与那些 被我浪费的时间多于 浪费我的时间的人分享
Uh, Jeff, if you have all the answers, why the hell did you start this study group?
杰夫 如果你有所有的答案 干嘛这么折腾弄个学习小组啊
I don't have a study group, Pierce.
我没有什么学习小组 皮尔斯
- pronounce — v. 发音;读(音);正式宣布(或公布、授予等);
- creep — vi.爬行;蔓延;慢慢地移动;起鸡皮疙瘩; n.爬行;毛骨悚然的感觉;谄媚者;
- upset — vt.使心烦;颠覆;扰乱; vi.翻倒; adj.心烦的;混乱的;弄翻的; n.混 乱;翻倒;颠覆;
- attempt — n.企图,试图;攻击; vt.企图,试图;尝试;
I made it up.
瞎掰的
What about the "look left" speech?
刚才那个 向左看 的演讲呢
Made it up. That's what I do.
瞎掰的 我就是干这个的
I make things up, and I got paid a lot of money to do it before I came to this school- shaped toilet.
我顺口瞎掰 还挣到大把钞票 然后 我才沦落到这个貌似学校的大屎坑
I was a lawyer.
我曾经是位律师
Oh, God.
老天爷
That explains everything.
这就说得通了
You know, I thought you were like Bill Murray in any of his films, but you're more like Michael Douglas in any of his films.
我还以为你像比尔·默里的角色那般出彩 原来你和迈克尔·道格拉斯的角色一样差劲
Yeah? - Yeah.
是吗 -是
Well, you have Asperger's.
那么 你还有亚斯伯格症呢
What's that mean?
是什么意思
'"Ass burger."
屁屁汉堡
It's a serious disorder. - It really is.
是严重的机能紊乱 -没错
If it's so serious why don't they call it meningitis?
如果真的很严重 干嘛不直接叫脑膜炎
Yeah.
对啊
'"Ass burger." - Burger for your ass.
屁屁汉堡 -献给屁屁的汉堡
Jeffrey, before you say anything, you may want to think about the gift you've been given .
杰夫瑞 出言不逊之前 还是先想想自己得到的 恩赐吧
An excuse to punch a hippy?
狠揍一个痞子的恩赐吗
No. No, not that.
不 不是那个
An important lesson, my friend.
我的朋友 是恩赐你的重要一课啊
You see, the tools you acquired to survive out there will not help you here at Greendale.
你瞧 你在花花世界讨生活的伎俩 在格林德尔是派不上用场的
What you have, my friend, is a second chance at an honest life.
我的朋友 你拥有的 是诚实做人的第二次机会
Why are people trying to teach me things at a school that has an express tuition aisle ?
明明学校就有快速缴学费通道 为什么是个人就想给我上课呢
Give me my keys.
车钥匙还我
- given — adj.赠予的;沉溺的;规定的; prep.考虑到; v.给予(give的过去分词);
- punch — n. 冲床;重拳击打; 用力的捶打;吸引力; v. 拳打;以拳痛击;给…打孔;(用打孔器等)打孔;
- survive — vt.幸存;生还;幸免于;比... 活得长; vi.幸存;活下来;
- express — v. 表达;表示;表露;代表; adj. 特快的;快速的;快递的;用快递寄送的; n. 特快列车;快件服务;快递服务;快运服务; adv. 使用快速服务;
- tuition — n. 指导;(尤指大专院校的)学 费;
- aisle — n.通道,走道;侧廊;
No, I have to keep the car for the lesson-- the less-- Don't hit me. Please, don't hit me.
不 这是给你宝贵一课的学费 别打我 请别打我
Jeffrey?
杰夫瑞
Jeffrey, are we cool?
杰夫瑞 我们没事儿吧
Are we cool?
还好吧
We cool.
没事了
I like you, Jeffrey.
我喜欢你 杰夫瑞
You remind me of myself at your age.
你让我想起当年的自己
I deserve that.
我应得的 赞美
You know, I've been divorced seven times.
告诉你 我离过七次婚
Sometimes I think I'm doing something wrong.
有时 会觉得是自己做错了什么
You keep getting married .
这么说 你屡败屡战啊
I never looked at it that way.
我笨 居然一直想着屡战屡败
Shouldn't you guys be studying?
你们不是应该在学习吗Yeah, things got kind of boring after you left. 你走后就有点无聊了
Let me ask you something.
我来问你点事儿
People been clowning me about this jacket since I got here, but...
自从我来上学 大家都觉得穿这夹克像小丑
if I take it off to make them happy, that just makes me weak, right?
如果我为了他们高兴就不穿 这会显得我软弱 对吧
Listen.
听着
It doesn't matter.
没关系的
You lose the jacket to please them.
你脱了夹克是取悦他们
You keep it to piss them off.
穿着是让他们厌烦
Either way it's for them.
两者都是为了别人
That's what's weak.
这才是软弱
You just wrinkled my brain, man.
哥们儿 我脑袋被你说浆糊了
He's good, isn't he? - He's real good.
他可真能掰 -的确能掰
Shouldn't you be rolling around on a bed covered in test answers?
你应该在铺满答案的床上乐得打滚儿才对啊
I don't have any of the answers.
我没有什么答案
I'm gonna-- I'm gonna flunk the test.
我 我考试要挂了
You just, like, study for, like, an hour.
你只要学那么一个小时就行了
It's not that hard.
又不是非常难
You seem pretty smart. You got a sports coat.
你看上去挺聪明的 你穿的可是西服外套
Well, the funny thing about being smart is that you can get through most of life without ever having to do any work. So, uh...
做聪明人 最有意思的就是 你可以游手好闲的度过人生中的大部分时光 所以
- remind — vt.提醒;使想起;
- deserve — vi.应受,应得; vt.应受,应得;
- married — adj.已婚的,有配偶的;婚 姻的,夫妇的;密切结合的; n.已婚者; v.结婚,与…结婚(marry的过去式);
- boring — adj.无聊的;令人厌 烦的; n.钻孔; v.钻孔;使厌烦;挖空(bore的ing形式);
- pretty — adj.漂亮的;可爱的;优美的; adv.相当地; 颇; n.漂亮的人;
I'm not really sure how to do that.
我还真不知道该怎么去学了
What's going on?
怎么了
Can you guys hear me? Am I deaf ?
你们能听到我说话吗 我聋了吗
Can you hear me talking right now?
现在你们能听到我说话吗
Yes. - Yes?
能 -能吗
That's good.
那就好
You know what?
知道吗
Jeff, actually, we didn't get that far without you, so if you want to come back upstairs-- Really?
杰夫 其实你不在我们也没学多少 所以 如果你想回去... 真的吗
Well, it is your study group, so.
这可是你的学习小组
Come on, let's study.
来吧 我们学习吧
Sounds good.
听起来不错
No pressure .
不要有压力
I'm sorry I called you Michael Douglas and I see your value now.
很抱歉我说你像迈克尔·道格拉斯 我看到了你的价值所在
Well, that's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me.
这是别人对我说过的最贴心的话
- deaf — adj.聋的;
- pressure — n.压力;压迫,[物]压强; vt.迫使;密封;使……增压;